The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Teleport to a house via wayshrine

Merlight
Merlight
✭✭✭✭✭
Housing
  • Now, when you attempt to teleport to a House from within Cyrodiil, you'll receive an error message instead of it failing silently.

I've reported the silent failure in the past, but this is not the fix I was hoping for. When I use one of the two regular wayshrines at my alliance base, wanting to travel to a house, there's no reason for it to fail. Why should I need to first teleport somewhere outside Cyrodiil, and then to house?

Thing is, when you want to teleport to a house from any wayshrine, not just Cyrodiil, you don't travel through wayshrine. You go through the non-wayshrine teleport bubble instead. Hate this, it's silly and as a side effect completely prevents teleporting to a house from Cyrodiil.

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First World problems?

It's only one additional load screen.

Cyrodiil is a controlled PvP area ... so having to wayshrine teleport out first makes sense. Especially if it's only another 30 seconds for the additional load screen when you jump to your house.

Unless you're purposely trying to avoid the gold sink on the next teleport out of your house. If you think forum-goers haven't already posted fancy ideas on how to dispense with the fast transport gold sink ... think again.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is a controlled PvP area ... so having to wayshrine teleport out first makes sense.
    No, it doesn't make sense. I get it that you can't teleport out of the middle of nowhere in Cyrodiil. But except for houses wayshrines function properly. You can teleport straight to a dungeon from any wayshrine including Cyrodiil, despite the fact that like houses, dungeons are instanced and it's a one-way travel.

Wayshrines simply don't work with houses at all. It's a defect that's not specific to Cyrodiil, it just so happens that it's more apparent in Cyrodiil, where your character can't go "Oh, this thing's broken, lemme bubble."
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Azaduur
    Azaduur
    ✭✭
    I believe it would be a nice quality of life change to just add a wayshrine in every house instance, so that you can travel to and from it like any other location without having to pay for the increased travel cost for subsequent fast travels.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azaduur wrote: »
    I believe it would be a nice quality of life change to just add a wayshrine in every house instance, so that you can travel to and from it like any other location without having to pay for the increased travel cost for subsequent fast travels.

You can even change the design of your wayshrine through master writs or Crown Store

(remember: always mention Crown store if you want something implemented)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree with allowing teleport to house from anywhere in Cyrodiil. Makes escaping from combat areas too easy but I could agree with a new house shrine only in the faction bases near the wayshrines. Clicking the houseshrine would open you houing choice and give a over ride to the Cyrodiil block. Load screens for some people can be long and would save aggravation, meaning a better QoL.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    I do not agree with allowing teleport to house from anywhere in Cyrodiil.
    Nobody is asking for that here.
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Clicking the houseshrine would open you houing choice and give a over ride to the Cyrodiil block. Load screens for some people can be long and would save aggravation, meaning a better QoL.

Why complicate things with another kind of shrine? Just make regular wayshrines actually perform the teleport to house.
  • DarkerDreams
    DarkerDreams
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

You can even change the design of your wayshrine through master writs or Crown Store

(remember: always mention Crown store if you want something implemented)

That gave me a nice chuckle.

But seriously, it might not be as easy as you think anyway. Keep in mind the code for Cyrodil was well before housing ever came out. Could they go back and probably implement it? Yeah , maybe. Is it worth their time to do so, not really imo. It's one more load screen, not like you have to jump through countless hoops to get there.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's one more load screen, not like you have to jump through countless hoops to get there.

Yep. First World problem where nobody is going to hire a products liability attorney to review a “defect” ... much less spend developer time on.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 24, 2019 8:32PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Why should I need to first teleport somewhere outside Cyrodiil, and then to house?

If you teleport to a home then leave it by teleporting to another (one you own or previewing one you don't) then exit its front door, you are returned to your original location.

There are many ways that could be exploited if you could teleport to a home from Cyrodiil.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Why should I need to first teleport somewhere outside Cyrodiil, and then to house?

If you teleport to a home then leave it by teleporting to another (one you own or previewing one you don't) then exit its front door, you are returned to your original location.

You don't need to go through hoops with another house. When in a house, just open Alliance War menu and pick a campaign, you'll end up 50m from a wayshrine.
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    There are many ways that could be exploited if you could teleport to a home from Cyrodiil.

Please explain any one of those many ways. I mean, simply logging out and back in anywhere in Cyrodiil is a lot more abusable than being able to teleport to a house from the two wayshrines at alliance base.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to go through hoops with another house. When in a house, just open Alliance War menu and pick a campaign, you'll end up 50m from a wayshrine.

You're not exiting a controlled environment when going from house to house, house to dungeon, or house to Cyrodiil, @Merlight. Not sure if you're conveniently trying to skip my earlier reply.

Please explain any one of those many ways. I mean, simply logging out and back in anywhere in Cyrodiil is a lot more abusable than being able to teleport to a house from the two wayshrines at alliance base.

You can't log out of Cyrodiil while in combat ... period.

Please explain where the abuse or exploitation factors in?

Some players might force disconnect while in Cyrodiil. But, by the time they log back in, it's well past the window on the same battle encounter.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 5, 2019 12:04AM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not exiting a controlled environment when going from house to house, house to dungeon, or house to Cyrodiil, @Merlight. Not sure if you're conveniently trying to skip my earlier reply.

I already answered that one a few posts ago. You seem to be the one conveniently skipping. Why is exit to a house a problem while exit to a dungeon is not?

You can't log out of Cyrodiil while in combat ... period.

Please explain where the abuse or exploitation factors in?

Some players might force disconnect while in Cyrodiil. But, by the time they log back in, it's well past the window on the same battle encounter.

That is my point. Porting from wayshrine to house has less potential for abuse than logging out, i.e. none.