Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please, Please, Please Add Some Survey Writ Help on the PS4

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If that's the alchemy survey I'm thinking of, are you approaching it from the west? The route I use to it could be described as a bit of jumping, but it's quite fast and reliable. There's a jewelry survey in western Wrothgar that you will have to run a giant loop for, though.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    If that's the alchemy survey I'm thinking of, are you approaching it from the west? The route I use to it could be described as a bit of jumping, but it's quite fast and reliable. There's a jewelry survey in western Wrothgar that you will have to run a giant loop for, though.

The one I'm thinking of is in the western reaches of Wrothgar situated near some water. My usual approach is from the wayshrine to the WNW and I jump up some big boulders to get there.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

The one I'm thinking of is in the western reaches of Wrothgar situated near some water. My usual approach is from the wayshrine to the WNW and I jump up some big boulders to get there.

Yeah, that one is a pain... it's not too bad if you also have the enchanting one that's right down below, a little to the east, you can just loop around to get both and they'll reset.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Samas_R_Counts
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    En.usep.net online survey report

And how do I get that in-game, like with the PC version?

You made the choice to play on PS4. Add-ons have been around since before the console versions even existed, so research could have been done.

Don't blame ZoS on this one... it's Sony who doesn't play nice and doesn't allow the add-ons, plus the consoles can barely run the game, include add-ons and it becomes unplayable.

Are you the official ZoS defender? Is everything they do perfect?

I was looking at items on the PS4 last year and they had a special so I purchased it. I am at fault for that?

I am not allowed to ask for improvements to the PS4 and likely XBOX?

I didn't see the "you will always be a second class citizen of this MMO warning either.

Sadly we (console) will always be seen as second class to them (pc) but one day the field will be leveled...somewhat. Forever second class!
    PSN: Samas_R_Counts
    North America
    "Just your friendly neighborhood Thief adding counter balance to the scales."
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly we (console) will always be seen as second class to them (pc) but one day the field will be leveled...somewhat. Forever second class!

That is annoying, but I can work past it. What bothers me more are the people here who tell me I should have no desires because I am a second class citizen of ESO.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Samas_R_Counts

That is annoying, but I can work past it. What bothers me more are the people here who tell me I should have no desires because I am a second class citizen of ESO.

Being second class is dope af, they seem disgruntled more than me and I'm an old twisted vet.
    North America
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hyperbole aside... the reasons you don't have add-ons is because of Sony, not ZoS. But please keep conflating things. :joy:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Samas_R_Counts

Hyperbole aside... the reasons you don't have add-ons is because of Sony, not ZoS. But please keep conflating things. :joy:

Quite aware of this, third party add ons are something of a risk
    North America
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that one is a pain... it's not too bad if you also have the enchanting one that's right down below, a little to the east, you can just loop around to get both and they'll reset.

Just realized this was saved as a draft and never posted from last week:

One trick I learned, rather than doing the "sprint/ride away" method for resetting nodes is to just pick a home that you do not own and fast travel to it (aka "preview") then simply exit the home as soon as you load in. This will transport you back to your exact position (right at the node) and it will be reset since you've traveled between different instances.

This does require two load screens, but takes any guess work out of how far to run and eliminates any risk of aggro-ing mobs or struggling with terrain. I try to pick an unowned home in the same zone, just to save me the time of cycling to a different map, but this seems to have no effect on the speed of the load screens.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One trick I learned, rather than doing the "sprint/ride away" method for resetting nodes is to just pick a home that you do not own and fast travel to it (aka "preview") then simply exit the home as soon as you load in. This will transport you back to your exact position (right at the node) and it will be reset since you've traveled between different instances.

This does require two load screens, but takes any guess work out of how far to run and eliminates any risk of aggro-ing mobs or struggling with terrain. I try to pick an unowned home in the same zone, just to save me the time of cycling to a different map, but this seems to have no effect on the speed of the load screens.

That is a decent idea, especially since I often forget exactly where I was for some of these when riding away.

You were the one who said I should lump it, in so many words. I didn't say Sony or ZoS. Please do read what I write a bit closer.

I just said I wanted something. You had to jump in and tell me expecting things was unreasonable, implying that even desiring them is not appropriate. And you accuse me of hyperbole? Pot, meet kettle. Though feel free to have a snappy comeback. You are never wrong after all!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a decent idea, especially since I often forget exactly where I was for some of these when riding away.

You were the one who said I should lump it, in so many words. I didn't say Sony or ZoS. Please do read what I write a bit closer.

I just said I wanted something. You had to jump in and tell me expecting things was unreasonable, implying that even desiring them is not appropriate. And you accuse me of hyperbole? Pot, meet kettle. Though feel free to have a snappy comeback. You are never wrong after all!

You're the one who started attacking.

I simply asked you an honest question after about 10 to 15 threads (trying not to be hyperbolic here, I'm not going to count though) you started calling for changes, there was no malice in it, I was looking for an honest answer as to why you would continue to play a game you had so many "game-breaking" problems with. You decided to take offense at that, you made that choice. I still honestly wonder that, since I can't remember the last non-complaint, non-sarcastic comment that you've made in here. There is nothing wrong with asking, there is nothing wrong with making suggestions... I just know that for me, if I had as many issues as you do with the game, I'd simply find something else to play that didn't cause me so much grief.

(I admit, I don't know what "lump it" means...)

I apologize if I've offended you. Just also letting you know that the venting about not having add-ons is not a ZoS issue... take it up with Sony.

It's tiring to have comment after comment here (from many people) be non-constructive comments about how console is "second class", when I'm sure ZoS would love to have add-ons enabled for console, since people would probably play the game more, which means more crowns/more subscriptions/more recommendations to friends, since the game would be more enjoyable.
  • Samas_R_Counts
    I may be wrong in this assumption but "lump it" might refer to "f it"

This is the only game I play now(more than the half hour other games get as to reset my in game mind set). I have my sammy book open with all the maps and game pages open just as if they were my add ons.

I really must tip my hat to zenimax since this is the only game where I wanted to interact with other players in game and in forums. I love the sarcasm, the witty banter, the salty shade and bitter rivalry of console V pc. You guys are the best, reminds me of my platoon in nam. Wagstaff for life!

Seriously, I do enjoy reading threads and comments. I find humanity has just went in game instead of irl.
    North America
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just treasure and node location that is the problem. I play on PC, so I have access to addons. I honestly feel very sorry for those that play on console, if I were on console I don't think I'd even attempt to find these obscure locations, the clues you get are so utterly useless.

There is an underlying problem, its the one thing I take real issue with with Zos. The node location addon just tells you where to go - works fine and everyone wants it. So why o why don't Zos put same feature into game? There is minimal effort involved. Now I am to understand Zos want console players to pay for an wquivalent feature - what a rip off!

Essential Housing Tools is juist that - essential to the game. So like it works good enougth to be part of the official gamek, why can't Zos do a deal with the dev(s) and makle it happen?

Taking successful addons from pc and put them in official game - reward devs by giving them houses or God like in-game abilities. That is one thing Zos could do today to make the game playable on console IMHO.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alkapton wrote: »
    It's not just treasure and node location that is the problem. I play on PC, so I have access to addons. I honestly feel very sorry for those that play on console, if I were on console I don't think I'd even attempt to find these obscure locations, the clues you get are so utterly useless.

There is an underlying problem, its the one thing I take real issue with with Zos. The node location addon just tells you where to go - works fine and everyone wants it. So why o why don't Zos put same feature into game? There is minimal effort involved. Now I am to understand Zos want console players to pay for an wquivalent feature - what a rip off!

Essential Housing Tools is juist that - essential to the game. So like it works good enougth to be part of the official gamek, why can't Zos do a deal with the dev(s) and makle it happen?

Taking successful addons from pc and put them in official game - reward devs by giving them houses or God like in-game abilities. That is one thing Zos could do today to make the game playable on console IMHO.

Exactly! Note that the new map functionality, including the ability to find the next thing to do in a zone, was added recently. They do listen sometimes.

=====

Whatever tmbrinks. Telling me repeatedly I have to give reasons for why I hate the guild vendor system and prefer a central AH when I have done so many times is definitely hostile, so watch all the stones you are throwing. But enjoy your stones and mud.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe once you open the survey writ the materials that you would normally correct are automatically placed in your inventory. Saves the time to go collect them.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alkapton wrote: »

Exactly! Note that the new map functionality, including the ability to find the next thing to do in a zone, was added recently. They do listen sometimes.

=====

Whatever tmbrinks. Telling me repeatedly I have to give reasons for why I hate the guild vendor system and prefer a central AH when I have done so many times is definitely hostile, so watch all the stones you are throwing. But enjoy your stones and mud.

are you seriously that dense? or are you just trolling now? I was talking about how, in general, the person who is accusing/wanting change needs to prove why the change is needed.

A person accuses you of stealing something from them... I bet you're damn happy that they have to prove that you actually did steal it, rather than you proving that you did NOT steal it.

You think electric cars are better than gas powered cars... You need to prove to the car manufacturers that the electric cars are better for them to commit their resources to creating/designing them

it's the same damn thing here. You want a change... give a god damn reason for it... other than "this is how other games do it" and "it'll be easier to buy stuff"

Again... you took my general comments to be personal attacks at you... that's on YOU, and you responded with personal insults. Have fun with that.

• MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP do you have an iPhone? Download “The ESO app” it has complete maps for all the zones including survey locations.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    OP do you have an iPhone? Download “The ESO app” it has complete maps for all the zones including survey locations.

I use my computer, which is right next to the TV I normally play on. It is still challenging for some locations since the maps are not as detailed as the map in the game. My eyes are not good enough to use a cell phone's screen for most of this, unfortunately.

It would still be a nice and appropriate addition to the other extra map items they added a few months ago.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • JadeCoin
    JadeCoin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I apologize if I've offended you. Just also letting you know that the venting about not having add-ons is not a ZoS issue... take it up with Sony.

Respectfully, I disagree that the issue of add-ons is a Sony (or Microsoft) issue. I agree that Sony and Microsoft are the primary reasons that add-ons are not on console. In certain cases, hardware limitations may provide an additional reason.

Many times, though, the issue surrounding add-ons is not the availability of add-ons. The issue is with flaws in the base game design and its UI, which add-ons serve to mask. It's like saying that the problem with a fever is the presence or absence of aspirin. The base game design is Zenimax's responsibility. It shouldn't be cast as the responsibility of Sony or Microsoft to make up for its defects.

Game design may or may not be flawed in the case of surveys -- let's set that question aside for the moment -- but I would say it is the case with many aspects of the console experience.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JadeCoin wrote: »
    Many times, though, the issue surrounding add-ons is not the availability of add-ons. The issue is with flaws in the base game design and its UI, which add-ons serve to mask. It's like saying that the problem with a fever is the presence or absence of aspirin. The base game design is Zenimax's responsibility. It shouldn't be cast as the responsibility of Sony or Microsoft to make up for its defects.

Exactly!

That is why I ask. I realize I am unlikely to get most, but I am less likely to get them if I never express interest.

I certainly don't expect anyone to put addon functionality on the PS4. That will never happen as it opens up far too many risks. I just want to see really valuable things added to the game.

Anything covered by an addon that is a "must have" under Windows should be a strong candidate for integration into the game itself, especially since the console is now a big part of their target audience.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use eso app, two buttons and you’re done.
    In the app store iOS
    Edited by akl77 on May 28, 2019 2:39AM
    Pc na
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    In the app store iOS

I didn't know that would move me in game on my PS4. You will have to share how that works.

Though just knowing where to go is not enough, especially if the map is not zoomable as it is in game.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Samas_R_Counts
    In the app store iOS

I didn't know that would move me in game on my PS4. You will have to share how that works.

Though just knowing where to go is not enough, especially if the map is not zoomable as it is in game.

I use it for dungeon boss locations, all other overland locations I have my Galaxybook for that. It is completely separate from in game, in the sense of tracking progression. Third party sources on a secondary medium is as close to add ons we consoles are going to get. But I've been doing that since playstation. (There was only one at the time)
    Edited by Samas_R_Counts on May 28, 2019 4:28AM
    North America
  • Samas_R_Counts
    In the app store iOS

Did you put this together? Thank you all the same.
    North America
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the app store iOS

I use it for dungeon boss locations, all other overland locations I have my Galaxybook for that. It is completely separate from in game, in the sense of tracking progression. Third party sources on a secondary medium is as close to add ons we consoles are going to get. But I've been doing that since playstation. (There was only one at the time)

It would be nice for dungeon boss locations to show up on the dungeon map in game too. Those are of course relatively easy to find and not quite as hidden as in the full game world, but having icons right on the maps would make sense and be a nice QoL improvement. Though I am not holding my breath waiting for it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on Xbox and don't find survey locations that much of a problem to find. I have a 9.5" tablet and use the app "ESO Helper," which has a map feature showing lots of things including surveys and treasure maps. I find the zone, listed in alphabetical order in the app, look at the survey report, them find the exact location on the map I've pulled up on my tablet. In the case of duplicates of the same survey, I make a custom marker on the location of the survey before I walk away from it. Then it's easy to find it after it respawns. I don't really see a problem with this method and it's pretty easy to find most surveys. Yes, some of the PC add-ons for surveys would be nice on the console, but I doubt we'll ever get them and the current method really isn't difficult. If you don't have a phone or tablet app, there are multiple web sites that give the survey locations, many with detailed descriptions and sometimes even a screen shot. So I don't really see the problem. More convenience would be cool but they can't make it much easier than it already is.