The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade skill Funnel health in pvp.

MrUntouchable
MrUntouchable
✭✭
I was thinking about making a nightblade healer for BGs and small scale pvp in Cyrodiil, but with how Funnel health works and with the 50% reduction to damage and healing in pvp I don't know that it would be any good. Especially with how tanky pvp players can be. Has anyone found a way to make this work in pvp or is it just useless because of the battle spirit "buff" in pvp?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right now nightblades are in a bad way.
    we have not only the community, but also the developers attacking and nerfing everything we use for skills and it is going to get worse.
    Funnel health is a far cry from what damage and sustain and giving health back to you as it used to be, maybe in the future it will improve.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For a magblade a healer is currently the best for pvp out of all magblade specs.

Don’t use funnel health, it’s terrible. I’ll post what I use in BGs. NB healers are solid.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=134331

It’ll need to be updated for 5.0
    Edited by Iskiab on May 13, 2019 6:47PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MrUntouchable I have a mNB healer that’s a lot of fun for BGs and small group play. I run 5 Transmutation on jewelry and restro staff, 5 Jorvuld’s Guidance on body. I also backbar black rose restro staff. Depending on the group, I run Earthgore or nightflame.

Front bar: Funnel health, Mutagen, Healthy Offering, Inner Light, Harness Magicka and Bolstering Darkness

Back Bar: Ward Ally, Refreshing Path, Healing Springs, Symbiosis, Siphon Spirit, and Reviving Barrier.

Keeping up your shields is a must, I’m usually with a premade but have had success with pugs. This coming patch I’ll probably remove Siphon spirit (the cast time is kinda meh), and replace it with fear for cc contribution.

As a healer role I’m not sure why you’re concerned with doing damage to Tank targets tho. I wouldn’t worry about it and let your group get the kills.

None of these are set in stone and of course should be changed to compliment your play style and understanding of the game.

Sometimes I’ll sub out Jorvuld’s for Gossamer which helps for AoE heavy teams. Hope this helps.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    @MrUntouchable I have a mNB healer that’s a lot of fun for BGs and small group play. I run 5 Transmutation on jewelry and restro staff, 5 Jorvuld’s Guidance on body. I also backbar black rose restro staff. Depending on the group, I run Earthgore or nightflame.

Front bar: Funnel health, Mutagen, Healthy Offering, Inner Light, Harness Magicka and Bolstering Darkness

Back Bar: Ward Ally, Refreshing Path, Healing Springs, Symbiosis, Siphon Spirit, and Reviving Barrier.

Keeping up your shields is a must, I’m usually with a premade but have had success with pugs. This coming patch I’ll probably remove Siphon spirit (the cast time is kinda meh), and replace it with fear for cc contribution.

As a healer role I’m not sure why you’re concerned with doing damage to Tank targets tho. I wouldn’t worry about it and let your group get the kills.

None of these are set in stone and of course should be changed to compliment your play style and understanding of the game.

Sometimes I’ll sub out Jorvuld’s for Gossamer which helps for AoE heavy teams. Hope this helps.

Cool I'll look into it. Also the only reason I was concerned about damage was because of how funnel health works. Tankier target equals less heals.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    For a magblade a healer is currently the best for pvp out of all magblade specs.

Don’t use funnel health, it’s terrible. I’ll post what I use in BGs. NB healers are solid.

It’ll need to be updated for 5.0

I had thought about transmutation although swift is something I hadn't thought about. Thanks for the info.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    As an after thought, do you guys think having funnel health immune to the damage reduction from the battle spirit to be overpowered?
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Iskiab

Nice build man. What do you use instead of funnel health?

EDIT nvrmind the page wasn’t loading properly for me. Like the set up.
    Edited by khajiitNPC on May 13, 2019 7:05PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    @Iskiab

Nice build man. What do you use instead of funnel health?

EDIT nvrmind the page wasn’t loading properly for me. Like the set up.

Thanks. All projectiles are bad in pvp in general. As a healer you aren’t going to have the pen to make funnel health worth it. It’s more expensive then Rapid Regen, heals for less per tick and the duration sucks.

BGs are dominated by sorcs, Wardens and DKs. Projectiles don’t work against 2 of those 3 classes. The only projectile I use is impale and even then only to kill steal, and I try not to use it against DKs or Wardens.

Tricky part will be fitting merciless and RAT/Double take after 5.0. I might have to switch to full healer to have the bar space.

I’m thinking skooma smuggler, Transmutation and breaking the 5 piece skooma on my front bar with the master’s resto staff. So using healing springs again and double take, then only using pots on my back bar when I have 5 piece skooma. This should work well because I think stam will continue to be strong in 5.0, and otherwise I’m lacking stam regen.

Maybe something like this, I’m not sure yet:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=130085
    Edited by Iskiab on May 13, 2019 7:28PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about making a nightblade healer for BGs and small scale pvp in Cyrodiil, but with how Funnel health works and with the 50% reduction to damage and healing in pvp I don't know that it would be any good. Especially with how tanky pvp players can be. Has anyone found a way to make this work in pvp or is it just useless because of the battle spirit "buff" in pvp?

Funnel health is just not that good atm. Just stick with swallow soul if you want that ranged pressure.

Healthy offering is your primary healing tool. Also use refreshing path, and dont let anyone convince you otherwise. Its intial path is small but its effects are specifically desgined to linger, so weaving in and out of the area where path is dropped happens 99 percent of the time and it ticks for a very solid amount is dirt cheap to keep up for shadow barrier.

Funnel health as a tertiary triage heal is meh but if you must use it, try to land it on pets who will generally take more damage from it than a player and try to not override a strong application with a weak one. If you land a decent crit, let it cook.

Healthy offering, mutagen, path are you money makers for actual healing. Beyond that it becomes a choice between utility, tanky, or damage on your bar.
  • Diundriel
    Diundriel
    ✭✭✭
    nb healer is nice for BGs, just gotta know what to Play set and skillwise
    GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
    Our Vids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
    Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
    Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
    Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
    Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
    Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
    Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
    Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
    Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
    Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
    Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
    Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
    Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
    Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
    Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
    and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Diundriel wrote: »

It is really. Though I disagree with Exeter on some things:
    - never use swallow soul or funnel health
    - Rapid Regen > mutagen

Refreshing path is decent, but mainly because of the shadow ability passives. If it wasn’t for the passives I likely wouldn’t use it.

For ranged pressure try the BRP staff with elemental ring or reach with the staff that boosts it’s damage.

What makes NB healing work is NBs have the best healing passives. Don’t stick to only NB skills, dip into destro, psijiic. resto, etc... because these abilities are stronger on a magNB with the right setup then other classes.

Each Siphoning ability boosts healing by 3% on your bar plus we also get the magicka boost. The trick is to balance Siphoning abilities on your main bar with most Siphoning abilities being a little weak and resto abilities usually being better.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 14, 2019 5:41PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- Rapid Regen > mutagen

Refreshing path is decent, but mainly because of the shadow ability passives. If it wasn’t for the passives I likely wouldn’t use it.

For ranged pressure try the BRP staff with elemental ring or reach with the staff that boosts it’s damage.

What makes NB healing work is NBs have the best healing passives. Don’t stick to only NB skills, dip into destro, psijiic. resto, etc... because these abilities are stronger on a magNB with the right setup then other classes.

Each Siphoning ability boosts healing by 3% on your bar plus we also get the magicka boost. The trick is to balance Siphoning abilities on your main bar with most Siphoning abilities being a little weak and resto abilities usually being better.

Its important to remember path effect lingers for 2 seconds, with major expedition so you cant view it literally within its tool tip range and width. Its application range is much greater when you are fighting is smaller spots in bgs moving in and out of its space.

Otherwise yes there are definitely arguments to make with RR vs muta or whether or not to slot swallow soul.

Since the dawn of eso, NB healers have always benefited more from playing on the destro bar while healing since you get the offensive perks of destro to bolster strife and healing via siphoner passive. Muta or RR and path allows you to realiably sit on destro while heaing. Healing on resto front bar for NB is not somehting i would do ever. Its why i set my destro bar with ***, cripple and swallow soul backed with nirnhoned trait. Despite the various nerfs to NB healer damage, i still prefer to carry some form of pressure and belive it is paramount.

It is where i have seen most success for years, well before BGs were a thing and in light of countless attempts at other baseline methods.

Admittedly, we have come to a point where far more flexibility has been provided to us.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

- Rapid Regen > mutagen

Its important to remember path effect lingers for 2 seconds, with major expedition so you cant view it literally within its tool tip range and width. Its application range is much greater when you are fighting is smaller spots in bgs moving in and out of its space.

Otherwise yes there are definitely arguments to make with RR vs muta or whether or not to slot swallow soul.

Since the dawn of eso, NB healers have always benefited more from playing on the destro bar while healing since you get the offensive perks of destro to bolster strife and healing via siphoner passive. Muta or RR and path allows you to realiably sit on destro while heaing. Healing on resto front bar for NB is not somehting i would do ever. Its why i set my destro bar with ***, cripple and swallow soul backed with nirnhoned trait. Despite the various nerfs to NB healer damage, i still prefer to carry some form of pressure and belive it is paramount.

It is where i have seen most success for years, well before BGs were a thing and in light of countless attempts at other baseline methods.

Admittedly, we have come to a point where far more flexibility has been provided to us.

@exeeter702

You know I was thinking. Maybe the thing to do is compare the damage and healing done between real builds. Here’s my current pvp build with all buffs up. Using the mitigation tab I can deduce how much funnel health or swallow soul will hit and heal for using the statistics of both our builds.

I run buffer of the swift for an extra 10% less player damage on top of these statistics.

Right now there’s a difference of opinion but it’s mostly subjective and difficult to compare, it would be nice to compare effectiveness from a real pvp setting:

What is your penetration plus the tooltip value of swallow soul?

In terms of the strength of refreshing path, Combat Prayer heals for the same amount as 4 ticks of refreshing. It’s not bad at all, just not great considering the opportunity cost.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 14, 2019 8:57PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

I just got done with a bout in Cyrodil and was watching a single Nightblade fend off a small army by darting in and out and basically obliterating people. I'm not sure what they changed - but they seem deadlier than ever right now. I was barely able to go toe to toe with him - often hanging on by a thread. I was admittedly having some bad latency today... so maybe that was a factor. But still - I've never had a Nightblade put so much pressure on me before.

So either that was just an especially amazing Nightblade or I see nerfs coming down in the distance future because the damage he was pumping out combined with his ability to hit and run to avoid death was insane. He was literally dropping people like flies and even I was barely able to survive against him and that's what I am built for - to survive.

I don't often suggest that people are OP. In fact I don't think I've ever done it - not even once. But right now I'd say Nightblades may fit that description.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 14, 2019 9:54PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- Rapid Regen > mutagen

@exeeter702

You know I was thinking. Maybe the thing to do is compare the damage and healing done between real builds. Here’s my current pvp build with all buffs up. Using the mitigation tab I can deduce how much funnel health or swallow soul will hit and heal for using the statistics of both our builds.

I run buffer of the swift for an extra 10% less player damage on top of these statistics.

Right now there’s a difference of opinion but it’s mostly subjective and difficult to compare, it would be nice to compare effectiveness from a real pvp setting:

What is your penetration plus the tooltip value of swallow soul?

In terms of the strength of refreshing path, Combat Prayer heals for the same amount as 4 ticks of refreshing. It’s not bad at all, just not great considering the opportunity cost.

When im home i will link one of my uesp builds. However i want to make it clear my point in using swallow soul is that if you want to have some form of ranged pressure to assist your damage dealers (something i consider important as a healer), there is little reason not slotting it since it further adds to your healing done on that bar.

Just from memory without character stats in front of me, you are looking at roughly 6 kish tooltip in no cp next patch with 5k or 10k pen if the target is breached and a 35-40% damge to heal ratio. 3k hits on average you are usually looking at a modest 1k hot every 2 seconds. Its not awful and that along side AW procs is honestly respectable assistance while healing and kiting. Between siphoning attacks heal, muta ticks and path ticks, swallow fits right in to that attrition game NBs always are forced to play if they are not cloaking and running away or just tanking aggression. As a side note, with bogdan becoming more of an attractive option, multiple running hots really ramps up its uptime.

If you want to build tanky and have no desire to help with pressure or have even a small form of lethal, maybe instead some more utility, then swallow soul wont be worth much to your build ofc.
    Edited by exeeter702 on May 14, 2019 11:03PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

I just got done with a bout in Cyrodil and was watching a single Nightblade fend off a small army by darting in and out and basically obliterating people. I'm not sure what they changed - but they seem deadlier than ever right now. I was barely able to go toe to toe with him - often hanging on by a thread. I was admittedly having some bad latency today... so maybe that was a factor. But still - I've never had a Nightblade put so much pressure on me before.

So either that was just an especially amazing Nightblade or I see nerfs coming down in the distance future because the damage he was pumping out combined with his ability to hit and run to avoid death was insane. He was literally dropping people like flies and even I was barely able to survive against him and that's what I am built for - to survive.

I don't often suggest that people are OP. In fact I don't think I've ever done it - not even once. But right now I'd say Nightblades may fit that description.

Could you specify if they were magnb or stamnb and what campaign?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im not talking about right now,
    im referring to the long list of nerfs we got coming this monday that are going to go Live.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just figured out approximately how much damage I’d take. With ele drain total mitigation would be 2/3, so I’d take 2k damage and you’d get a hot for 800 every 2 seconds so 4K healing over 10 seconds if it’s not recast.

That’s actually more then I thought I’d be. Still under half of Rapid Regen’s heal which heals for 1K average hps and benefits more from crits.

I still think it’s not worth a skill slot, but can see if someone uses a flame staff and tries to buff it that it could be okay for hot stacking.

As for pressure, I agree that pressure is important but think there are better ways.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 15, 2019 12:08AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

im referring to the long list of nerfs we got coming this monday that are going to go Live.

What coming nerfs?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What coming nerfs?

the last 2 or 3 patches that went into the PTS specifically targeted and nerfed quite a bit of the nightblade skills.
    this thread is asking about funnel health, and that was not nerfed recently, but, it was quite a while ago and does less healing and less damage than it used to.
    my comment was simply pointing OP in that direction to be aware of the fact that nightlbade is currently undergoing changes that are not good for current builds and put us in a bad way untill the dust settles and we find our way again from all the recent changes.
    there have been several PTS testers that claim nightblade is not as bad as what many believed in the new patch coming out monday, atleast not with some of the more popular builds.

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the OP or anyone else who is curious

HRbn4P2.png

This was updated for elsweyr. Practically buffed without minor berserk. 1600 -1700 recovery (2 piece divines not necessary) plus siphoning attacks, vma bonus and minor magicka steal from debilitate covers sustain. Swap RAT for double take for more offense. Shadow image is considered a flex depending on map and team, which can be swapped for various other tools like mist form, cloak or the new mark target, just make sure to rearrange path so you have a shadow ability on each bar. Breach plus 5 light brings this to 9k pen. Healthy Offering and siphoning attacks can be swapped for more reliable burst at all times via front bar vs slightly stronger burst at targets below 30 percent due to resto staff passive. 43% damage to healing on swallow sou with a 6.3k tooltipl. 39-41% Crit mitigation. 30k Resistance at 23 percent hp (ish). Spell Power Pots. 5L-2H

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=144965

Edited by exeeter702 on May 15, 2019 3:08AM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What coming nerfs?

the last 2 or 3 patches that went into the PTS specifically targeted and nerfed quite a bit of the nightblade skills.
    this thread is asking about funnel health, and that was not nerfed recently, but, it was quite a while ago and does less healing and less damage than it used to.
    my comment was simply pointing OP in that direction to be aware of the fact that nightlbade is currently undergoing changes that are not good for current builds and put us in a bad way untill the dust settles and we find our way again from all the recent changes.
    there have been several PTS testers that claim nightblade is not as bad as what many believed in the new patch coming out monday, atleast not with some of the more popular builds.

none of the new nerfs really hurt NB healers. If anything NB healers will be stronger next patch if only a little less offensively capable.
  • Firebrand10
    Firebrand10
    ✭✭✭

Funnel health is just not that good atm. Just stick with swallow soul if you want that ranged pressure.

Healthy offering is your primary healing tool. Also use refreshing path, and dont let anyone convince you otherwise. Its intial path is small but its effects are specifically desgined to linger, so weaving in and out of the area where path is dropped happens 99 percent of the time and it ticks for a very solid amount is dirt cheap to keep up for shadow barrier.

Funnel health as a tertiary triage heal is meh but if you must use it, try to land it on pets who will generally take more damage from it than a player and try to not override a strong application with a weak one. If you land a decent crit, let it cook.

Healthy offering, mutagen, path are you money makers for actual healing. Beyond that it becomes a choice between utility, tanky, or damage on your bar.

Healthy Offering doesn't self heal though! :(
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you specify if they were magnb or stamnb and what campaign?

It was in Sotha Sil. I'm not sure if he was a magnb or stamnb, sorry. All I know is he was literally wrecking small armies by himself while darting in and out of visibility and slaughtering everyone he attacked pretty much instantly. It was crazy. He was by far the most difficult opponent I ever faced.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 15, 2019 7:11AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I see.

Well judging from what I experienced today in Cyrodil - some nerfs might actually be warranted in this circumstance because it was insane the amount of damage that Nightblade was dishing out.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 15, 2019 7:11AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB healing is glorious. I get a mix of hate and awe tells all the time. You can build for a traditional “stand your ground and heal” type, or you can build for a slippery “I’m going to pop in and out of stealth and troll your every attempt to kill my team” type. I’ve gone for the latter. ;) The idea is to heal as you would, then upon getting focused, cast Refreshing Path on your allies, cloak, move quickly through path, and start healing them from a different location before the enemies realize. For max trolling, you can even weave cloak with your heals. Can’t focus the healer if you can’t see it! I wear Troll King (an essential monster set for Healthy Offering healing, IMO), which always procs on me when I’m near death in stealth, helping to bump me up to full health again quickly.

Fun fact about Healthy Offering: it can heal through walls and at different elevations! Opposing team trying to farm you at your spawn? Watch in glee when they get confused because your allies on the ground just aren’t dying, as you’re spamming Healthy Offering from above. Teammates in the middle of the new map? If you want to troll the heck out of the other teams, stand behind the wall, spam Healthy Offering on your teammates, and rack up those crit heals. I normally wouldn’t recommend healing with Offering alone, but I once hit Fearless Physician in under three minutes with that strategy. ;)

Healthy Offering is basically the best burst heal in the game, and if you play smart with it, you’ll never die in BGs while saving your teammates over and over again.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Aurielle
    Yea, I’m going to switch to troll king. I’ve been using nightflame because the 2% extra healing bonus on troll king seems crappy, but it’s being boosted to 4%. I also struggle when pressured in stealth and the Healthy Offering dot ticks are rolling, troll king should help, I think you’re right.

Did you log on PTS? They changed the tooltip to show how the health dot amount on healthy offering. The health drain gets increased by your magicka and sp pool, but not by mending, vitality or +healing modifiers, or crits. Playing around with it I figured out the best way to boost your healing and limit the dot is the ritual mundus and a powered staff.

Post patch I’m going to try longfin food, ritual mundus, powered staff and 1 sp jewellery glyph, 2x recover with 3x protective traits. I think it will be a good combo. For sets it depends how much merciless helps and if I can skimp defense. If merciless lets me drop Buffer of the Swift then go Transmutation plus BT/Crafty Alfik, combat physician/treasure hunter, Alessian order, or skooma smuggler.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 15, 2019 1:07PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aurielle
    Yea, I’m going to switch to troll king. I’ve been using nightflame because the 2% extra healing bonus on troll king seems crappy, but it’s being boosted to 4%. I also struggle when pressured in stealth and the Healthy Offering dot ticks are rolling, troll king should help, I think you’re right.

Did you log on PTS? They changed the tooltip to show how the health dot amount on healthy offering. The health drain gets increased by your magicka and sp pool, but not by mending, vitality or +healing modifiers, or crits. Playing around with it I figured out the best way to boost your healing and limit the dot is the ritual mundus and a powered staff.

Post patch I’m going to try longfin food, ritual mundus, powered staff and 1 sp jewellery glyph, 2x recover with 3x protective traits. I think it will be a good combo. For sets it depends how much merciless helps and if I can skimp defense. If merciless lets me drop Buffer of the Swift then go Transmutation plus BT/Crafty Alfik, combat physician/treasure hunter, Alessian order, or skooma smuggler.

I’m on console, so I don’t get access to the PTS, but yeah, by switching to TK you should see a net gain in survivability. Nightflame is, IMO, best for healers who stack on top of the team. NB healing is more effective when you’re healing from the sidelines in and out of stealth, because you trick your enemies into thinking that your team is outnumbered or that you’re waiting to gank, and you avoid the big AOE/ultimate dumps. As long as you keep your hots up with Rapid Regen/Refreshing, you’ll proc TK on yourself (and your allies) when the midden hits the windmill. The nice thing about TK is that it’s not random, and there’s no limit on the number of times it can proc. I think it would be weaker on a traditional Templar or Warden healer that can’t spam heals like we can with Offering, or slip into stealth when focused.

I’m starting to see more NB healers on PS4 NA, so it seems people are catching on to the fact that NB healers are amazing.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good, when I first started playing people used to make negative comments before BGs started about being a NB healer and I was constantly discouraged. Experimenting is costly so most people stick to other people’s opinions, it’s good to see perceptions change.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Troll king and high health recovery build.
    Transmutation set. It should still work with funnel health. Test it.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South