The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Keep recall stones...Why bother!?

Sanctum74
Sanctum74
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
While I do appreciate the addition of keep recall stones, they unfortunately are useless due to the restrictions and just end up accumulating in my inventory since I am unable to use them.

They require you to get far away from a keep which can be very time consuming when you can't call your mount due to the combat bug. When you finally are able to get far enough away from a keep you also have a long animation to sit through so by then the keep will be flagged and you can't use the stone and travel anyway.

Please let us use the stones in keeps or in the vicinity of, ty.

• russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerodiil, why bother.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerodiil, why bother.

Its fun.

Also Keep recalls are nice when you log out in bum F* no where.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS won't change their function.
    The stones were made this way to prevent the arrival of too many defenders/attackers to one location(less mobility to zergs).
    Besides, it helps server performance.
    Also, a cut off keep means something, no teleport.
    Edited by Universe on May 6, 2019 1:49AM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has more or less declared they aren't going to fix the stuck in combat bug. Plenty of nerfs and random changes are the only thing they are consistent at.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    ZOS has more or less declared they aren't going to fix the stuck in combat bug. Plenty of nerfs and random changes are the only thing they are consistent at.

Actually they mentioned they are working on it.
    Though the "we are working on it" part can take a long time until finished :D
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually use them a lot when small-scale, at least twice a night. They're more useful if you're not worried about hopping to find your faction to roam with.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're wonderful, you don't have to ride that far away to use them and they have came in handy so many times!!!
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guild uses so many we call them 'cookies'. Simple to use and extremely useful.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    They’re very helpful - if you’re off somewhere fighting - and fights with groups often take you away from the nearest keep - the stones are quick way to get to a keep or outpost when an UA call goes out.
    Edited by AndyMac on May 6, 2019 3:21AM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And they taste like chicken

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were fantastic a patch or two ago when people weren’t constantly stuck in combat.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use them frequently, but I wish I could use them while standing in another keep. I think that's a silly restriction.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use them frequently, but I wish I could use them while standing in another keep. I think that's a silly restriction.

Not really due to transitus travel in cyrodiil being connected to linked keeps. You shouldn’t be able to keep recall to a keep across the map within a keep. I think that is a good restriction.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

Not really due to transitus travel in cyrodiil being connected to linked keeps. You shouldn’t be able to keep recall to a keep across the map within a keep. I think that is a good restriction.

A restriction circumvented by running 100 meters in a different direction isn't much of one. It's just inconvenient, especially when the current combat bug compounds it by making it harder to either use the stone or mount to get away from the keep. I mean, c'mon.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A restriction circumvented by running 100 meters in a different direction isn't much of one. It's just inconvenient, especially when the current combat bug compounds it by making it harder to either use the stone or mount to get away from the keep. I mean, c'mon.
    Stuck in combat bug effects all travel just not keel recall stones so that argument is irrelevant.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stuck in combat bug effects all travel just not keel recall stones so that argument is irrelevant.

It just adds to the inconvenience of them.

This is a game, not something that should feel like a chore. Slowly jogging (instead of mounting my horse to ride there) to some arbitrary distance from the keep and then having to just sit there and not participate in combat to prevent the bug from resetting is not fun.

It fails the basic rules of gameplay. It is inconvenient and it is boring. Games should be neither.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is inconvenient and it is boring. Games should be neither.
    Leave that to the forum warriors.

Lethal zergling
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if they've even addressed the stuck in combat bug? I've heard nothing and it's getting pretty old. I'd take the load screen of death over this.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love them as-is, but would love if they became a little better. Great for catching up with the group when they've gone to Bleakers already...

They certainly aren't necessary--2/3 times I use them, I could just run for 30 more seconds and deathport off of an enemy resource. But they've saved me enough time that I'll always carry a bunch.

Helps that you get a fair amount for free via RftW.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find them quite useful and use them regularly.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are handy, however the stuck in combat and distance from keep needed is annoying, and also doesn't feel consistent
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    At least you can access the crown store in combat, they made sure of that.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very handy when you’re between destinations and need to go defend a particular location, or another faction has just taken a scroll and you need to get back close to it.

Less handy when you’re stuck in combat and you haven’t dealt or taken damage in 5 minutes.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they didn't exist, it removes a lot of the strategic element of gameplay.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    While I do appreciate the addition of keep recall stones, they unfortunately are useless due to the restrictions and just end up accumulating in my inventory since I am unable to use them.

They require you to get far away from a keep which can be very time consuming when you can't call your mount due to the combat bug. When you finally are able to get far enough away from a keep you also have a long animation to sit through so by then the keep will be flagged and you can't use the stone and travel anyway.

Please let us use the stones in keeps or in the vicinity of, ty.

It’s literally just off the grounds of the keep like till the text changes from xkeeps ground so etc and these are more used for if you are hated and have a keep on the other side of the map. I think they are fantastic
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they're fine. they're situational and can be a gamechanger when used with a team.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber