The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade cant survive a Dawnbreaker

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
For cyro you gotta be a vampire to actually play the nightblade the way its supposed to (imo, class fantasy)
On top of stamblades already low survivability no matter what you wear (in no cp) you just cant survive much, much less a dawnbreaker.
"ooohhh just cloak" yes with the great ammount of mana stambalde has
Any tips for no cp, gear or something? Or am i just gonna have to suck it up or just not be a vampire.
Also does being stage one not contribute to the extra dawnbreaker damage from the fighters guild passive?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    For cyro you gotta be a vampire to actually play the nightblade the way its supposed

False
    On top of stamblades already low survivability no matter what you wear (in no cp) you just cant survive much, much less a dawnbreaker.

As a stamblade you can also wear heavy armor.
    You survive by predicting DB and roll dodging.
    DB is easy to predict especially when fighting a Warden. If you see them casting Subterranean Assault count to 2 and roll dodge through them.
    Any tips for no cp, gear or something? Or am i just gonna have to suck it up or just not be a vampire.
    Also does being stage one not contribute to the extra dawnbreaker damage from the fighters guild passive?

You can be a vampire if you want, you just need to be more careful.
    Vamp stage contributes to the extra damage from fire, not DB.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    For cyro you gotta be a vampire to actually play the nightblade the way its supposed

False

DB is easy to predict especially when fighting a Warden. If you see them casting Subterranean Assault count to 2 and roll dodge through them.

forgive the massive quote I do not know how to do this e.e
    From my understanding then, just being a vampire, makes you count as "undead" and the skilled tracker fg passive makes you take 20% more damage from dawnbreakers. You are right I need to be more careful but its hard to avoid one, being a stamblade I have to be in melee (not a bow build)
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ON-icon-skill-Fighters_Guild-Skilled_Tracker.png
    Skilled Tracker: Your Fighters Guild abilities deal an additional 20% damage to Undead, Daedra and Werewolves.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shuffle, Mirage or Blade Cloak will reduce the damage of a dawny by 25%
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

False

From my understanding then, just being a vampire, makes you count as "undead" and the skilled tracker fg passive makes you take 20% more damage from dawnbreakers. You are right I need to be more careful but its hard to avoid one, being a stamblade I have to be in melee (not a bow build)

He's saying that you don't need to be a vampire to go to Cyro as a NB, considering NBs have the best resource recovery passive of all classes in refreshing shadows.

Just use recovery glyphs.

Most Nbs go with Shacklebreaker to cyro, because it is the best all around set, and a dmg/mitigation set.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For cyro you gotta be a vampire to actually play the nightblade the way its supposed to (imo, class fantasy)

I admit vampire has good synergy with nightblade.

Actually, NB is quite survivable, between rolldodge & cloak we can evade a lot of incoming damage. When you do get locked down its over in seconds though.

In No-CP you should be able to cloak 4 or 5 times back to back. More in CP. But it's dodgeroll that will save your skin more often than cloak.

Just suck it up. The two ultimates that are the most troublesome for medium armor vampire nightblades are Soul Assault and Dawnbreaker. You will occasionally die from them, its just inevitable. And Dawnbreaker specifically is a little OP, especially since people animation cancel it so you can't actually see it being used; you are just stunned out of nowhere and take massive damage.

Xvorg wrote: »

False

He's saying that you don't need to be a vampire to go to Cyro as a NB, considering NBs have the best resource recovery passive of all classes in refreshing shadows.

It's the stealth speed increase that makes vampire so nice for nightblades. The resource recovery increase is just icing on the cake.
    Edited by LordTareq on May 18, 2019 10:36PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No you dont. My stamblade is not a vampire and I do just fine in Cyrodiil

They tend to be squishy but you can build them with more survivability, even in medium armor. Wear all impen and you can use Chuden monster helm and shoulders to be more tanky.

Beta tester November 2013
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, what others have said. Vampire is a choice, if you choose it you have to be ready to accept the negative with the positive.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Yea, what others have said. Vampire is a choice, if you choose it you have to be ready to accept the negative with the positive.

Yes but you need to be fast. You can't ever be nearly as fast as a magblade. Even without being a vampire stamblades are way to squishy.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

Actually, NB is quite survivable, between rolldodge & cloak we can evade a lot of incoming damage. When you do get locked down its over in seconds though.

In No-CP you should be able to cloak 4 or 5 times back to back. More in CP. But it's dodgeroll that will save your skin more often than cloak.

Just suck it up. The two ultimates that are the most troublesome for medium armor vampire nightblades are Soul Assault and Dawnbreaker. You will occasionally die from them, its just inevitable. And Dawnbreaker specifically is a little OP, especially since people animation cancel it so you can't actually see it being used; you are just stunned out of nowhere and take massive damage.

False

It's the stealth speed increase that makes vampire so nice for nightblades. The resource recovery increase is just icing on the cake.

As far as I know, that speed is when sneaking ie not when using stealth to escape a bad spot. So it's mostly for convenience if you want to travel around in sneak. Could just use rapid maneuvers and stay in sneak in that situation
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t min/max to make yourself so squishy. Play with CP, put some health attributes on, try heavy armour, jewellery with resistance traits etc
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have Blur to decrease the AOE damage by 25% and Shadowy Disguise to ignore the DOT. Thats easily more than half of Dawnbreaker's damage

Edited by Ankael07 on May 19, 2019 5:42PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    LordTareq wrote: »

False

As far as I know, that speed is when sneaking ie not when using stealth to escape a bad spot. So it's mostly for convenience if you want to travel around in sneak. Could just use rapid maneuvers and stay in sneak in that situation

With stealth I obviously meant sneaking/hiding, not cloak. The speed increase is very useful not just for convenience but also you will drain less stamina moving the same distance. Not to mention the obvious tactical benefit of simply moving around faster. Yes you could slot rapid maneuvers but that would cost an available skill slot which I don't have on my NB.
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    But, according to the forums, no one can kill a nightblade ever because of cloak.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strange, my NB never dies from "a dawnbreaker" and isn't a vamp. I had no idea you needed to be one to get the most out of the class...
    Druid40 wrote: »
    But, according to the forums, no one can kill a nightblade ever because of cloak.

Wait until they are all using SnB + cloaking. You're in for a treat. Trust me, its been insanely OP on stam NB since Homestead, yet strangely most NBs have not yet realized it...When they do, Cyrodiil will be very nasty :D
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    fake...
    acording to forum, nightblade cannot die because cloak too op, and nb have infinite rolldodge passive
  • Swiftfox_Bouncyface
    Buff stamblade
    Pronoun: They

Titles:
    Former Saltminer
    A kawaii furry (^w^)
    Leader of Furry Squad PvP Guild

Characters
    Swiftfox Bouncyface
    A random furry
    I Fur You
    owo
    i have anxiety
    i love children

Hewwo my fursona is Swiftfox Bouncyface I'm 37 years old and I love furries OwO, i'm also a little bit shy but I'll have you know that's because i was *** at furcon >/ / /<

• Myux
    Myux
    ✭✭✭
    its purely a L2P issue. once you get more experienced with the game you'll know how to predict DBs (that means blocking them as it ignores iframes from rolling) and know how to build better so you can survive one. right now you're in the learning phase of crutching on being in stealth constantly and you're scared of dying. thats normal. if you wanna learn to play better, you're gonna need to stop being a coward and take a few deaths. that way you'll learn to balance out when you actually need to cloak and when you don't, in addition to knowing how people react to your decisions. picks some fights you know youre gonna get clapped in, and try to figure out exactly why you died.

you said youre not a bow build so you're already on the right track, if you dedicate yourself to it, you got the chance of actually being good at the game. just be sure to actually get advice from skilled players, theres many people out there who will tell you that you need to stack 35k hp to be able to do anything when all that does is slow the game down for you and the opponent. taking tips from other peoples gameplay can be pretty useful too, so ill drop a vid from one of my buds who plays squishy stamblade in 1vX

welcome to ESO btw
    Edited by Myux on May 20, 2019 12:22PM
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    @erio

Practical tips: Wear 1 or 2 heavy pieces. That means heavy chest and either feet, legs, shoulder, or helmet. Keep Vigor up every few seconds so you do not stay in execute too long. Only wear epic (purple) or higher gear with the impenetrable trait. If you have trouble keeping up Major Resolve and Major Ward, try using Mighty Chudan or mixing two monster set pieces from different defensive sets. (i.e. Lord Warded head + Mighty Chudan shoulder) Make sure your health is over 20k with food like Orzorga's Triple Trifle Pocket or something that gives you at least 4K health. I think Vampire has an Undying passive or something similarly named. It reduces damage taken when you reach below a certain threshold of health. I hope all of this helps. :)
    Edited by Druid40 on May 20, 2019 5:27PM
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @erio

Practical tips: Wear 1 or 2 heavy pieces. That means heavy chest and either feet, legs, shoulder, or helmet. Keep Vigor up every few seconds so you do not stay in execute too long. Only wear epic (purple) or higher gear with the impenetrable trait. If you have trouble keeping up Major Resolve and Major Ward, try using Mighty Chudan or mixing two monster set pieces from different defensive sets. (i.e. Lord Warded head + Mighty Chudan shoulder) Make sure your health is over 20k with food like Orzorga's Triple Trifle Pocket or something that gives you at least 4K health. I think Vampire has an Undying passive or something similarly named. It reduces damage taken when you reach below a certain threshold of health. I hope all of this helps. :)

• erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Strange, my NB never dies from "a dawnbreaker" and isn't a vamp. I had no idea you needed to be one to get the most out of the class...

Wait until they are all using SnB + cloaking. You're in for a treat. Trust me, its been insanely OP on stam NB since Homestead, yet strangely most NBs have not yet realized it...When they do, Cyrodiil will be very nasty :D

almost like dawnbreaker does more damage to vampires.....
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Don’t min/max to make yourself so squishy. Play with CP, put some health attributes on, try heavy armour, jewellery with resistance traits etc

Theres no point. Im at 450 cp ill just get rolled over.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    You have Blur to decrease the AOE damage by 25% and Shadowy Disguise to ignore the DOT. Thats easily more than half of Dawnbreaker's damage

I know but as soon as it hits its 7-14k and the instant dot tik is another 4-5k
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    i play every class both mag and stam in pvp, and my main is magsorc, just because of simplicity not pure effectiveness. I tell you one thing, stamblade is absolute by far most strongest in pvp. Every time i level up a new char, under 50 bgs are always same for me: i do K/D 11-2 with magblade, magsorc, 10-3 with templars, etc, etc.. Then i switch to my stamblade, every game 15-0, 16-0, 17-0, against premaids, against whatever ...
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont use a nightblade, use a sorc its not op but its the bic right now.

Nightblade are in the trash now, dont pick it up it stinks.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you need more Magicka you can use Tri stat food and tri stat enchantments on your big pieces.

I will need to re-evaluate what my NB can do now since the nerfs but I have a lot of random defensive stats from things like bloodspawn.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst assumption EVER. You know nothing of Elder Scrolls lore, right ?
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 medium fortified brass, 5 reactive and bloodspawn even as a vamp you will laugh at dawnbreakers... Speed trait and potion cool down enchants on Argonian. You'll almost never die...lol this is my build when we get zerged down and or are gated.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn to build stamblade right.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

almost like dawnbreaker does more damage to vampires.....

I have a vampire stam sorc in medium that I use and run around with only 14K phys resist and 22K hp, and the same still applies...If it were an NB, it would be even easier to survive a DBoS because I'd have better defense before and after the DBoS drops...