The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC NA latency, login, and connection issues

Icy
Icy
✭✭✭✭
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5908994#Comment_5908994

Sadly, I've been kicked out of the PC NA server again (at 11am ADST). As per the forum post above I can't resolve www.elderscrollsonline.com thru Telstra/Optus (the main Australian ISPs). In7e721859l35.png

This time I also ran a tracert to www.elderscrollsonline.com and as you can see it gets lost at the Tokyo Akamai servers. In the past when I've done a tracert the steps thru any Akamai servers are hidden, but the tracert gets there eventually.

mszi553p59vl.png

Can anything be done?

Ping @ZOS_BillE (who replied last time)

(I can access the forums as they're hosted by vanillacommunities.com)

[Edited title for consolidated thread]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 9, 2019 4:56PM
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well I've had the issue of not being able to access game or main part of the website several times over the past couple of months or so. It happened to me last time over the weekend and is happening again now. Every time it's happened it'd eventually just start working again I'd just wait it out but I'm really hoping they fix this problem it's getting annoying. Though this explains why I can access the forums and not the main part of the website I was wondering why that was. I can sometimes also access the support page but never the main part of the website when this is happening.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I came back to check a few hours later it was all working again.

/sigh
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah seems to be the way. It won't work and you just have to wait it out till starts working again. I hope they fix whatever is causing this.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If anyone continues to experience issues connecting to the PC-NA megaservers, please include the following details in your post.
    • Your current location
    • ISP name
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Annwynn_ESO
    Annwynn_ESO
    ✭✭
    Near Aberdeen Maryland and Atlantic Broadband...still unable to play
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No idea about DNS issues, but I can't log in either right now. Getting "internal errors" and timing out.

ISP: Wave Broadband, location San Francisco Bay Area, CA
  • Verbarian
    Verbarian
    I can't log into the game. The message is "Unexpected Login Error" contact ESO help
  • SepiaSpur
    SepiaSpur
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone asked yet if all of these issues have anything to do with the servers being overloaded? The 25th Anniversary Sale is going on and at Steam ESO is only $9.99 right now.
    Intermittent issues with lag and crash. Repair didn't help. Can only seem to play at 2 am.

ISP: Xfinity Comcast, Location: Willows, CA 95988
  • ChrystalWind
    ChrystalWind
    ✭✭✭
    My thread was locked and I was told to use this thread because I keep crashing for no apparent reason. I actually don't do what I call a crash, I am being kicked to the login screen over and over again and the circumstances change all the time. Just now I was fishing and my FPS was great at the time and got kicked to the login screen again. This is getting old. I have updated my drivers I have done pings I have run the repair. You name it and I have done it.Today I thought I would try to get some fishing done for the guild but again I am getting kicked to the Login screen. This has cut my play time in more then half. I do my dailies and log out because of it and I am a second in command of a large guild and need to get things done. I have been playing for years and do not understand why with as many of people having this issue it has not been addressed.
    I was in craglorn fishing and my ISP is *** cable. Please get this resolved. I have spoken to many players and they are all having the same problem.
    Edited by ChrystalWind on April 4, 2019 4:32PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ChrystalWind

Have you opened up a support ticket yet?

If you haven't done so, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support detailing the issue along with troubleshooting you've done so far.
    Staff Post
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to get in on one account but not the other (it just fails every try).
    I'm in Colorado using Xfinity.
  • panteralee90ub17_ESO
    panteralee90ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Marion, NC - Frontier Communications. Both me and my fiancee can't log in, separate accounts but same network.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    If we are going to be closing threads and merging all of our networking related issues into one forum discussion then this discussion title should be changed, as it stands it is misleading and causes people to create new discussions.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @xRIVALENx

The thread title has been updated to reflect that this discussion is for anyone encountering networking issues with the PC-NA megaservers.
    Staff Post
  • ffogger
    ffogger
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issues can log into the character screen but when trying to log into a character get kicked back to the starting login screen. Keep getting the same error "An error has occurred, Please wait a few minutes and login again.
    Also from Australia, i am assuming it a server issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ffogger

If you receive an error message stating "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again." please deactivate all of your addons and try logging in to the game again. If you are now able to log in, one of your addons was blocking your access to the game. You should try enabling addons one at a time to identify which one is causing the issue.
    Staff Post
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve just now started getting error 307. Internet working, restarted everything. It keeps trying to request login but almost immediately gets another 307. Never had this happen before. I was in Rawlkha, my game froze, it went to a loading screen where I heard a sound kind of like a really fast drum roll, and then back to login. Very weird.
  • Othniel327
    Othniel327
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @ffogger

If you receive an error message stating "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again." please deactivate all of your addons and try logging in to the game again. If you are now able to log in, one of your addons was blocking your access to the game. You should try enabling addons one at a time to identify which one is causing the issue.

I disconnect quite frequently (Ever since Summerset launched, actually. Before then my connection was great). I get this error message from time to time, but only in a minority of the instances in which I disconnect or fail to log-in. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps posted in various threads, and have repaired my install. I have disabled every add-on, but it seems to make no difference. I do not know what else to try.

Edit: Also, I have little to no grasp on all this IPS tracing and whatnot, so if someone could explain to me what to do as if I were a moron, that would be appreciated. ;)
    Edited by Othniel327 on April 12, 2019 4:22AM
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest that Bethesda place a login queue on the NA server.

This has helped enormously with players reporting problems on the EU server.
  • Xainia
    Xainia
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same issues here.

Hunter Valley on the East Coast of Australia
    Isp is MyRepublic

et0aibtxxels.png

My latency ranges from 160+ which is fine, to any where in the red up to and including 999+ Just standing at a wayshrine can cause the 999.

I am getting kicked frequently.

I can not save my personal key binds.

I have played the game since the beginning. This is the first time I have had these issues.
  • Shady_Knights
    Shady_Knights
    ✭✭✭
    Xainia wrote: »

Isp is MyRepublic

et0aibtxxels.png

My latency ranges from 160+ which is fine, to any where in the red up to and including 999+ Just standing at a wayshrine can cause the 999.

I have played the game since the beginning. This is the first time I have had these issues.

Interesting. Same ISP as me, I am in Melbourne though. Latency goes from 270ms (best) 300-320ms average, to +999 all too frequently these days.

I am interested in how you get it down to 160+. Are you using a VPN service to bypass the bad routing we get from Aus, and if so, is it still lag spiking on that service?
  • Xainia
    Xainia
    Soul Shriven

Isp is MyRepublic

et0aibtxxels.png

Interesting. Same ISP as me, I am in Melbourne though. Latency goes from 270ms (best) 300-320ms average, to +999 all too frequently these days.

I am interested in how you get it down to 160+. Are you using a VPN service to bypass the bad routing we get from Aus, and if so, is it still lag spiking on that service?

Oops that is a typo. It should have been 260. Must fix that.
  • Xainia
    Xainia
    Soul Shriven

Isp is MyRepublic

et0aibtxxels.png

160+ should have been 260+
  • aNamelessHenchman
    aNamelessHenchman
    Soul Shriven

Isp is MyRepublic

et0aibtxxels.png

Same ISP and location as me - Same Issue. My Latency is sub 300 ms at best. 300 -400 ms average, but constantly spikes to +999 every 1- 2 mins, making the game unplayable.

I have actually given up on playing this game, but came back to see if the issue was fixed - guess not :(

* ISP: MyRepublic

Have submitted a custom routing request to my ISP.
  • luv4work1
    luv4work1
    Soul Shriven
    I've had a high latency issue for several months now. I thought it was on my end but now I know it's clearly not. I used to live in Arizona and my ISP was ***. I played on my desktop PC using a wired connection. While in game, standing in a non populated area, my ping would spike to 999 and cause a 2-3 second freeze. This would happen constantly no matter what time of day I was playing. I then installed World of Warcraft and played for days without the ping spike or lag. I then installed FFXIV and played for days without the spike. I played Battlefield 1 without the lag spike. I played NBA 2k online without the spike. I played GW2 without the spike.

Fast forward several months in which I stopped playing ESO due to this issue, and now I live in California. My ISP is Frontier and it is a wired fiber optic connection. Now I'm playing on a new laptop. No issues with spikes with any of the other games. I reinstalled ESO and the high latency spikes are back again. I tried on my desktop again with a wired connection and the spikes happen there as well but not with any other games.

Please fix this so I can play the game.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been play ESO nearly daily for over 2 years. My latency always fluctuated between 90 and 120 ms. Rarely did I ever spike into the red zone. Then several weeks ago after one of the patches my latency changed to averaging about 130 to 180 ms with frequent spikes into the red. Nearly every time I use a wayshine, when I arrive at my destination my latency will spike briefly into to red (usually around 300-400ms).

Every trace I run looks something like this (note the 100% packet loss in IP's 13 and 15):

Tracing route to 198.20.198.110 over a maximum of 30 hops

0 Whizzer10 [192.168.0.16]
    1 192.168.0.1
    2 173-25-216-1.client.mchsi.com [173.25.216.1]
    3 172.30.87.9
    4 68-66-73-70.client.mchsi.com [68.66.73.70]
    5 po10.chgil001er1.mchsi.com [68.66.73.122]
    6 xe-2-0-3-15.ar3-sjc1.ip4.gtt.net [69.174.18.237]
    7 as2914.cr7-chi1.ip4.gtt.net [69.174.23.146]
    8 ae-0.r20.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.191]
    9 ae-4.r25.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.152]
    10 ae-13.r10.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.249]
    11 ae-0.akamai-prolexic.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [128.241.219.102]
    12 po110.bs-a.sech-dfw.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.102.243]
    13 a72-52-1-177.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.177]
    14 ae120.access-a.sech-dfw.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.102.249]
    15 93.191.173.201
    16 * * *
    Computing statistics for 375 seconds...
    Source to Here This Node/Link
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
    0 Whizzer10 [192.168.0.16]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    1 9ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 192.168.0.1
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    2 15ms 1/ 100 = 1% 1/ 100 = 1% 173-25-216-1.client.mchsi.com [173.25.216.1]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    3 17ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 172.30.87.9
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    4 21ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 68-66-73-70.client.mchsi.com [68.66.73.70]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    5 24ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% po10.chgil001er1.mchsi.com [68.66.73.122]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    6 22ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% xe-2-0-3-15.ar3-sjc1.ip4.gtt.net [69.174.18.237]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    7 23ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% as2914.cr7-chi1.ip4.gtt.net [69.174.23.146]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    8 27ms 1/ 100 = 1% 1/ 100 = 1% ae-0.r20.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.191]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    9 51ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae-4.r25.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.152]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    10 43ms 1/ 100 = 1% 1/ 100 = 1% ae-13.r10.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.249]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    11 59ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae-0.akamai-prolexic.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [128.241.219.102]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    12 57ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% po110.bs-a.sech-dfw.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.102.243]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    13 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% a72-52-1-177.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.177]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    14 56ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae120.access-a.sech-dfw.netarch.akamai.com [23.57.102.249]
    100/ 100 =100% |
    15 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 93.191.173.201

Every ping to the ESO server at 198.20.198.110 results in:

C:\Windows\System32>ping 198.20.198.110

Pinging 198.20.198.110 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 198.20.198.110:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

I live in Illinois and my ISP is Mediacom.
    I know this is nothing compared to the issues the Australians are having, but still, something has changed to cause about a 40% increase in latency....and it hasn't been anything on my end.
  • rptrainer
    rptrainer
    ✭✭
    On my side, 250ms is quite normal and i can play normally but with a sudden lag spike(upto 999+) leading to a disconnect especially when running a dungeon is quite disheartening.

ISP: Converge ICT Fiberx
  • hollywood
    hollywood
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add that I'm having the same issues, I'm playing from southeast Brazil , my ISP is NET. Back when this game launched my ping used to be 180~190 , after the whole Akamai debacle , it rose to 210 and for a while it was stable in Morrowind/Summerset. I've came back to the game last month and the connection is just incredibly unstable: Goes to 184 (nice) , spikes to 999 (boo) , drops down to 250 and from there is just rises everytime I do anything , be it PvP or Dungeons , not to mention the freezes and disconnects.

All the appropriate ports are open , I've already contacted support in the past and the situation is just getting worse , it's starting to affect players near the servers. At this point it's either an issue with Akamai , the servers aren't up to snuff or a combination of both.

The question now is , are those problems being looked at by Zenimax? There was mention a while back about improvements to the servers ( https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467936/pc-eu-server-update-april-11/p1 ) but we haven't really heard any more news or seen any improvements.
    Arkos Fortune - Kaor - Koras Fortune - Delaia - Leorio - Niota - Nyraele - Karos Fortune - Elara Fortune - Penélope - Frolics-in-the-swamp - Arynael - Sarovius - Eranyel
  • ChioARC
    ChioARC
    Error 307...booted from server

Chile
    ISP Vtr