The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dont remove major expedition from Nightblade Double take

Iron_Blurr
Iron_Blurr
✭✭✭✭
other classes like sorc and warden have a self based major expedition skill. Please dont remove it from double take. Its not op. Its not over performing in any way the speed buff only lasts 3 seconds. Refreshing path works but you have to be within the designated are to get the speed buff and you cant cast it while in stealth like you can with double take.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Little late, this stuff is going live in two days.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use RAT instead. Regardless of what some people think, the Major Expedition makes it better.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snare immunity is way stronger than major expedition.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Depends on the type of build, you play tbh.

For Say Roller Cloaker Burst NBs, RAT with Major Expedition is always better, says you won't exposed for long enough to get snared. Major Force is just the icing on the cake.

For Brawler builds, yes snare immunity is better, but even then with things like Shade, Streak, you can work with low Snare immunity.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iron_Blurr wrote: »
    other classes like sorc and warden have a self based major expedition skill. Please dont remove it from double take. Its not op. Its not over performing in any way the speed buff only lasts 3 seconds. Refreshing path works but you have to be within the designated are to get the speed buff and you cant cast it while in stealth like you can with double take.

u dont need to stay in path, to get the buff. It remains 4 sec after leaving the path
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »

u dont need to stay in path, to get the buff. It remains 4 sec after leaving the path

2 seconds, and that’s only the heal. For expedition you need to be on the path, you get 2 seconds of expedition if you cast it and run in a straight line because that’s how long it takes to run off the end.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m planning on using the new ‘phantasmal escape’ and switching to skooma smuggler... I’m a healer and don’t need minor force though.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 18, 2019 4:54PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    other classes like sorc and warden have a self based major expedition skill.

and other classes like templar don't
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad I buried my NB ages ago. It was only a matter of time before they just ruined it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »

Depends on the type of build, you play tbh.

For Say Roller Cloaker Burst NBs, RAT with Major Expedition is always better, says you won't exposed for long enough to get snared. Major Force is just the icing on the cake.

For Brawler builds, yes snare immunity is better, but even then with things like Shade, Streak, you can work with low Snare immunity.

I play a rollerblade in no cp and snare immunity is 100% better than major expedition for two reasons. Firstly, when you do get snared the snare immunity is going to allow you to move faster than if snared + major expedition. Secondly if you are a rollerblade you should be using one bar with bow for the major expedition on roll dodge as it saves you a skill slot.

The only builds I could see major expedition being stronger is the perma stealthed 1 shot gank builds.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Little late, this stuff is going live in two days.

I agree since this change hit PTS a few weeks ago.

However, I do find it odd that this change was not made in the initial PTS patch. Zos supposedly has spent at least half a year thinking of these changes so this leaves one wondering if they are failing on this "codifying" their new vision for combat. Hard to tell since they gave no reason for this change.
  • mcagatayg
    mcagatayg
    ✭✭✭✭
    They removed every major expediton ability of night blades except twisting path...
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they put Major Expedition on Double Take it will actually be a good alternative to RAT. Currently there's nothing tempting me from using RAT; it's just too good.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1800.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&overlay-align=bottom%2Cleft&overlay-width=100p&overlay-base64=L2ltZy9zdGF0aWMvb3ZlcmxheXMvdGctZGVmYXVsdC5wbmc&s=73108072b1c37edb7a9288967194e475