Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snipe check

sindalstar
sindalstar
✭✭✭
So before i goes live, last check

Is snipe gutted and i gotta switch it off to crushing weapon orrrr?
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    delete snipe
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it depends if you are into pvp or pve.

in pve you will have to switch to crushing weapons

in pvp you can keep it in your bars since it puts minor defile on your target in order to put both minor and major defile on target (if associated with a friend, or build for it) but the damage will be 25% lower without being any faster.
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still decent for PVP if you like to spam snipe over and over without light attacks, go for it. It's really fast spam on the PTS.

For PVE, just toss it in the can if you weave light attacks. Quasi-spam Acid Spray between skills every few seconds for a much better snare-free DPS. Or use crushing weapon if you want heals. Or go with class spammables.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 17, 2019 3:57PM
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    Still decent for PVP if you like to spam snipe over and over without light attacks, go for it. It's really fast spam on the PTS.

For PVE, just toss it in the can if you weave light attacks. Quasi-spam Acid Spray between skills every few seconds for a much better snare-free DPS. Or use crushing weapon if you want heals. Or go with class spammables.

I'm a PvE templar bow/bow
    So...crushing weapon it is XD
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another stupid nerf because PvP. Fantastic.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    might try snipe for a bit next patch foe pvp, realize that it sucks due to a channel plus barely better dmg despite having minor defile that would stack with major defile than crushing weapon then swap back to crushing weapon without looking back. pve, snipe, more specifically lethal arrow is still better than crushing weapon especially in an optimized group with morag tong
    Edited by JobooAGS on May 18, 2019 11:59AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup snipe had to be nerfed cause it is too much while 8-9k crystal frags is just fine.

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

Edited by Katahdin on May 18, 2019 11:37PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Yup snipe had to be nerfed cause it is too much while 8-9k crystal frags is just fine.

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

Bruh don't talk about mag sorc, they get to be the exception. Their nerfs turn into buffs.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

Mag sorcs requires thumbs. Snipe spamming doesn’t. Glad that trash ability is being nerfed
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

lx0owrnnp68d.jpg

Mag sorcs requires thumbs. Snipe spamming doesn’t. Glad that trash ability is being nerfed

Mag Sorcs requires thumbs? ROFLmao
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    They stealth fixed the latency issue with no mention. For ganking yes snipe way worse for PvE it weaves right now and no don't switch to Crushing it sucks. Can do 41k same set up on regular 6mil dummy no extra pen so with someone marking you can add even more. This is the new 21 mil dummy no vMA bow same exact gear I use on live now yp6l0ml9kw63.png
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as pvp goes if you were only using snipe for ganking, you were the problem and deserve the nerf. For PvE the weaving issue as I said has been fixed and is working fine. 16 yards prepotion-hail-caltrops-PI-switch-5 Lethal-repeat LA inbetween Atro when up
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    As far as pvp goes if you were only using snipe for ganking, you were the problem and deserve the nerf. For PvE the weaving issue as I said has been fixed and is working fine. 16 yards prepotion-hail-caltrops-PI-switch-5 Lethal-repeat LA inbetween Atro when up

It's still good?
    Neat.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    sindalstar wrote: »

It's still good?
    Neat.

Yeah, some of the best PvE players are using bow bow in the new trial...they know what they're doing. Snipe is still a good skill, especially in combination with the shadow silk synergy. Don't listen to people on forums, go watch groups on top of the leaderboards play and copy their stuff (of course not everything, you won't have a group envoironment like they do, adjust the builds as needed, but take them as a guideline).

By the way.. in PvP the snipe nerf was deserved, I see too many potatoes rely on snipe, that don't know how to heal themselves, that die within seconds when they can't zerg you. Why should a ranged easy to use skill deal as much damage as uppercut anyway? Balance 101...
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sindalstar wrote: »

It's still good?
    Neat.

Yeah, some of the best PvE players are using bow bow in the new trial...they know what they're doing. Snipe is still a good skill, especially in combination with the shadow silk synergy. Don't listen to people on forums, go watch groups on top of the leaderboards play and copy their stuff (of course not everything, you won't have a group envoironment like they do, adjust the builds as needed, but take them as a guideline).

By the way.. in PvP the snipe nerf was deserved, I see too many potatoes rely on snipe, that don't know how to heal themselves, that die within seconds when they can't zerg you. Why should a ranged easy to use skill deal as much damage as uppercut anyway? Balance 101...

That last part always gets me. If snipe was any easier or better than dizzy swing people would be using snipe at any point in last 4 years where 3 years out of it dizzy was meta :D

Truth it nobody cares about balance, but only about what shows on their death recap. Thats why we will continue to see snipe nerfs threads, because nobody is going to spam crystal blasts next patch and nobody will care magsorc alone has 2 ranged abilities that deal more damage than snipe.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, after a quick run to the pts just a minute ago, i can tell that i have the same dps on single target with snipe spamming (with a decent weaving) and acid spray spamming. no stealth fix of snipe. so yeah, it'll keep all the buff debuffs and whatever but it wont be worth using it neither in pvp (high risk, no particular reward) nor in pve (for the same dps and considering you cant stay at max range with bow and benefit from raidbuffs at the same time)

try it yourself tomorow; you'll see.

(ps: it is risky to cast snipe when in a proper fight, i'm not talking about wall/stealth snipe spam of course..)
    Edited by kalunte on May 19, 2019 11:57AM