Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The continued assault, ESO vs. Guilds, Defacing and punishing guilds.

• Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    wait, I'm confused.. it's too difficult to moderate offsite images, so the solution is to systematically remove benign ones?
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind small and unobtrusive images in signatures, but there are far too many people on forums who make huge ones or put several into their sig. When it gets to the point where your sig takes up more space than your posts, I'm annoyed.

This is another aspect which is difficult for site admin to moderate.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • Mick2018
    Mick2018
    Soul Shriven
    It would be very easy for the site devs to change some code for restricting the size of the signature area. I just hope that this removal is only temporary and it was a knee-jerk reaction to inappropriate material being posted.

You would think that they could now put some extra measures in place to help them monitor and restrict signatures e.g. sig per guild (made by GM/Officer), an official ESO sig builder with pre-defined templates or only allow sigs from certain sig-building sites.

The best way I feel for the community is for custom sigs to have to be verified before they are allowed. I'm sure everyone would rather that even if it meant having to wait 3-4 days for the process to complete.

As for the lack of guild options in game...thinks it's all been said already! I remember when I first started playing MMO's you had to actively recruit in chat or forums and if you wanted to find on, either ask in chat, check forums or talk to people you grouped with. Now though it feels weird having to do that and not having a guild finder tool. Which makes me kind of ashamed with myself but I still think they could easily put in a guild finder tool.

And if you are worried about Immersion and RP purposes, why not have a recruitment board in the main cities. Then GMs/Officers could visit Guild Notaries to post their ads on these boards. Would stay in keeping with lore, rpness and allow guilds to advertise without flooding chat or relying on forum posts.
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    Mick2018 wrote: »
    And if you are worried about Immersion and RP purposes, why not have a recruitment board in the main cities. Then GMs/Officers could visit Guild Notaries to post their ads on these boards. Would stay in keeping with lore, rpness and allow guilds to advertise without flooding chat or relying on forum posts.
    I think this would be a really neat idea! Where's the petition?

• Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Slap in the face! But really it's a good move, 99% of sigs are annoying and unnecessary.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to popular belief, the amount of drama you inject into a statement does not directly correlate with how seriously people take it.