Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Spoiler] Coldharbour public dungeon, "Soul Survivors": Can I not?

spiralvin
spiralvin
In the Coldharbour public dungeon, Village of the Lost, there are two quests that contribute to the completion of the dungeon. One of these quests is called 'Soul Survivors', where a Soul-Shriven Dunmer, Suronii, has you navigating around the treacherous environment of mean Daedra and a nasty, gooey lake to rescue two of her friends from the native baddies. After which, you are asked to sacrifice yourself by jumping off a cliff to complete her ritual to send the three of them back to Nirn. However, the journal suggests that there should be an option to refuse to aid these people. Yet, you cannot seem to tell Suronii and her buddies to go **** themselves for suggesting something as outrageous as throwing oneself off a cliff, to an absolute stranger of questionable morals who had just asserted that he/she/it just slaughtered all the Daedra between the portal entrance and the cliff, like butterflies in Skyrim, for the last 10 minutes.

0DB2m3R3fkp9OgRQBQDP-A_h0LXB_SkSDkusnt81yMAzW7y8j7k9qiZgqi1R7XOqrc.jpg?height=960&t=H718_6OUpPt_7OiorPQsDQ

Coming to a conclusion that there may be an issue on the developer's side, I decided to email the ESO Team 2 days ago. I also followed every instruction from the team listed below:
  • Logged completely out of the game for more than half an hour.
  • /reloadui
  • Abandoned the quest and retried, but picked the non-persuasion and non-intimidation options and sacrificed two innocent Daedra taskmasters.
  • Abandoned the quest again and retried, but picked the persuasion and intimidation options and spared two innocent Daedra taskmasters.
  • Log completely out of the game and used the 'Game Options>Repair' function under the game client.
  • Abandoned the quest again and retried, and picked the persuasion and intimidation options again to spare two innocent Daedra taskmasters.
  • Log completely out of the game, removed all files from the 'AddOns' and 'SavedVariables' folders, as well as the 'AddOnSettings.txt' from the 'live' folder.
  • Used the 'Game Options>Repair' function under the game client again.

And guess what?
0DB2m3R3fkp9OgRQBQDP-A_Y7aD_VcOfJaOD-1ySAukLG7y8j7k9qiZgqi1R7XOqrc.jpg?height=960&t=Y8uaU6TbYG2It4hcifeRIQ

Although the issue has yet to be resolved, I would like to thank the Elder Scrolls Online Team for your continued assistance. I really appreciate it as a player.

But still. Did I perhaps overlooked something? Did Steam forget to bring this quest when I installed it (PC NA, by the way)? Did an AddOn messed up my quest and tried to secretly tell me to kill myself? Or am I doomed to inevitable suicide for three strangers of questionable morals that he barely met?
Edited by spiralvin on May 25, 2019 7:21AM