The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Cloaks

ServerusEcru
ServerusEcru
✭✭✭
v0Gv0oP.jpg

Greetings @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. One thing we have been missing and something I think will enhance game play and give us crafter's something to do beyond the harsh jewelry grind...cloak crafting.

Guild Cloaks: This will allow a guild member who is a cloak crafter the opportunity to craft a unique guild cloak that will give your guild a buff when doing PvP in Cyrodiil, Dungeons, Trials or just random adventuring and delving. The tabard thing should be done away with and introduce cloaks that will show guild title and allow players to wear their custom outfits so they can show their guild tag and still be stylish in the fray. It is unfair to players that the only way to wear your tabard is with a crown costume and not a customized costume.

Stylish Cloaks: These will be for cosmetic purposes only, just some fancy stuff for players who are into the look.

How will this cloak work: Cloak crafting will work just like any crafted items. You will go to a cloak crafting station, select race design, trait and craft. Players will be able to enchant, improve cloaks and trade it if it is not equipped. Once owned players can dye them. Guild Cloaks will be the unified color of choice and only used by a member of that guild.
"Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    No capes in ESO.
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d be down to craft some cloaks ...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The physics don't work like that. The only "capes" ESO can handle are like the Breton Hero's costume, and I don't care for "capes" that are stapled to my character's butt.
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes plz
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the idea but I'm not sure if they have ever featured in any of the elder scrolls games. I don't know if the people of Tamriel would wear capes. I'd love to know what the devs think about it.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be fascinating to see how many new clipping issues would appear if they ever allowed capes/cloaks.

No thanks. A number of my characters use sword and shield, others use staves, one or two use a bow. So my character would be asking the attacking enemies to please wait until she pulls her shield out from under the cape? Or please wait while she gets her inferno staff untangled from the [totally pointless] flowing cape? Oh, it just occurred to me; I cannot *wait* to see what happens when a dual wield character uses Whirlwind....and gets totally wrapped up in the flowing cape/cloak. Instant straitjacket and fight over......Or would the character have to remove the cape before any fighting happens?

Out of all the issues that need fixed in the game, capes are way, way, way down on the list, imo.
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    I would have to see more concept art. conceptually I would use cloaks. It's purpose could be another layer of protection so if you get attacked from behind... and you could enchant it with like shielding or something.

or maybe they should just make Robes look nicer
    Edited by Mason_King on May 15, 2019 4:27PM
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Cloaks haven't existed in any Elder Scrolls game, and implementation of new physics would be horribly taxing on the existing engine. SWTOR uses the same engine, and does not have a separate cloak slot, either.

9Ybgz.gif
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)