The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Silver Bolts as a stamina spammable

TumlinTheJolly
TumlinTheJolly
✭✭✭✭
Silver Bolts + morphs could do with a slight cost reduction.

Silver Bolts currently acts as quite a nice spammable for classes that lack a class spammable (granted, it is a projectile, which makes it quite easy to counter-play, though it does have a nice smooth animation and travel time).The main issue with it is that it is very expensive compared to other spammables. With a slight cost reduction, this skill could satisfy the current demand for a stamina spammable (Hi stamsorcs).

Due to the Skilled Tracker passive (20% bonus damage to undead/daedra/werewolves), too much of a cost reduction could break this skill for PvEers, however a slight cost reduction might make it more viable in PvP, where burst damage is more important than sustained damage. As its current damage and dps are either lower than or on par with other available spammables, such as Crushing Weapon/WB/Dizzy/Daggers (It hits for the same amount as dagger #1 of Shrouded Daggers), a slight cost reduction would not break this skill.

Thoughts? Would you whip out your crossbows if this change went through?

Note:
Crushing Weapon: 2037 stamina
Wrecking Blow: 2916 stamina
Silver Shards: 3159 stamina

Note: Somebody pointed out that Leash might too strong if the cost were reduced. This is a good point. Reducing the cost of Shards could be the best option.
Edited by TumlinTheJolly on May 15, 2019 6:09AM
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what you are pushing for. But why should a class have to look outside of class skills for a spammable attack? I'm not trying to criticize you or or anything. It's just that that is a common theme whenever people bring up spammables for stamina players.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Silver Leash does not need a cost reduction nor does it need to be treated as a spammable - the other morph I'd be okay with a cost reduction.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what you are pushing for. But why should a class have to look outside of class skills for a spammable attack? I'm not trying to criticize you or or anything. It's just that that is a common theme whenever people bring up spammables for stamina players.

A good example is stamina sorcerer which has no class spammable.
    PvP needs more love.
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silver Leash does not need a cost reduction nor does it need to be treated as a spammable - the other morph I'd be okay with a cost reduction.

Fair point. Good idea.
  • TumlinTheJolly
    TumlinTheJolly
    ✭✭✭✭

True. For argument's sake though... Silver Bolts is easily accessible to all players and does not restrict you to a particular weapon.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be nice for tanks that don't have a pull method as well or at least give them a good 2nd option.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its already annoying in pvp, doesnt need buffs to make it more desirable
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Silver Shards as a spammable on my StamSorc, and it's working nicely, but I do agree on the cost reduction.
    Silver Leash probably doesn't need it, so it doesn't become "too good" for PvP, though again, on the PvE side, it's a great tool for non-DK/Warden tanks (though I use it on my DK tank because he doesn't have the Magicka sustain for chains) to group up adds with.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dissagree because then all stamina will be SnB, DBoS, Silver Bolt
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Also because silver leash is one of the only skills making stamina templar competitive in PvP and I don’t want to see that skills CC lessened due to a cost decrease.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's really appropriate to compare Silver Shards to ST spammables. They do have a relatively potent AoE component. Compared to a similar skill like Shrouded Dagger cost of Shards does not look too much out of place.