The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tell me about Craglorn.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This area has confused me for a while. So I'd like to ask some questions.

-What character level is Craglorn built for?

-Is it all group content, or can things like overland be done solo? (At the intended level)

How does one actually enter Craglorn if they haven't unlocked wayshrines/ported to group member?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot of good info here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Craglorn

Originally it was all geared towards groups, but there are parts that are solo friendly now. There is a cart to travel there from each alliance capital city.

Like the rest of the overland game you are boosted if you are not yet cp 160.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can find port to Craglorn at cities which host the undaunted quests, wayrest for example. The port is a big wagon hooked up to a horse. There is an NPC and possibly a quest marker.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, I see. Thank you for the link.

So, the article behind the link suggests that I should be fine tackling the main quest for the zone solo. Would I be correct in thinking this?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, the article behind the link suggests that I should be fine tackling the main quest for the zone solo. Would I be correct in thinking this?

Yeah

It was the first (and only) adventure zone. You can tell it was made for groups to be a challenge then had its difficulty nerfed
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of it can be done solo these days (used to be a group zone) but it will be significantly harder than the normal overland zones, so be prepared.

I think there is still one quest where you need to group up but i haven't done Craglorn in a long time, not sure if this has changed since.
    idea.gif
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Most of it can be done solo these days (used to be a group zone) but it will be significantly harder than the normal overland zones, so be prepared.

I think there is still one quest where you need to group up but i haven't done Craglorn in a long time, not sure if this has changed since.
    idea.gif

Noted. I imagined it was much harder, and that's fine. Game needs a harder zone anyway.

I'm working on my skills, and ultimately I'm going to have to build my solo skills for vMA anyway, right? I like to think I'm learning more as I progress through the game.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This area has confused me for a while. . . .

I think this remains the best assessment - the area is kind of a confused mess. I have a char who went there to progress through the main quest. At one point she had to take down several WB 'aberations (?)' and did so with a bit of help (not solo). Then she ran into another quest required to proceed that clearly is a group design dungeon run and put the questline on (probably permanent) pause. That said, she has done a lot there, likes the terrain and geography of the area and has had fun.

What I learned is that now other characters go through the zone more like one of those robot vacuum cleaners that just randomly wanders and explores until running into something too hard/not fun, then backs up a bit and goes a different direction. The challenge was to intentionally ignore any desire/interest in 'completing' the zone or its quests. That approach works MUCH better for me for this particular zone.

Edited by AcadianPaladin on February 25, 2019 12:57PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a noticeably harder zone. There is a solo quest that gives you a random nirnhoned item at the end of it. One thing to get used to is that while a lot of the group content is clearly marked as group, there is stuff that is not. Such as random mobs and adds that appear through portals.

Its a decent zone, but aside from Skyreach and that shard thing in the middle, it can be hard to rally a PUG to run the overland group quests
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone in and out of Craglorn, always solo. I've been able to pick up a few quests there that I could do solo through to completion. I've found quite a few that start off with stuff you can do solo but there's a step required to advance that requires a group. Those frustrate me and as soon as I find out the step I'm on requires a group I abandon the quest. It doesn't specifically say a group is required, but I'll get there and try to do the task only to be inundated by a mob too strong for me to solo. A better player might be able to solo this stuff but I'm not there yet. I'm CP380 at the moment. There are a lot of "entering group area" notifications in Craglorn but I'm usually able to handle regular mobs in those areas. There are things marked as world bosses that I just avoid. Most overland content in the rest of the game has gotten easy for me but I haven't tried trials or vet content. I avoid PvP since I don't enjoy competing with other players. Most of my time in Craglorn these days is spent farming nodes looking for nirncrux and attempting quests that I later have to abandon.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really like Craglorn. It's the only pve zone that actually has a little challenge left in it. I find if I'm on a quest that requires a group, a little call out in chat usually gives you some folk in the same situation and you do the quest together. I wish there would be a dlc zone that was a much harder skill level to complete (more mobs, harder wbs, etc.).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not checked recently, but there are two quests that are related to the Main Quest that are not required for the Main Quest but the Zone Achievement. These look like they are needed in the achievement and more than likely, you will be given them as you do the main quest.

Anyway, those quests are not really soloable although you can get through the group dungeons for one of them if don't mind ghosting here and there (basically running through the dungeon until the mobs finally kill you, then running some more before you gain full form) and sneaking past one of the bosses. However the anomalies on the overland are for sure a group thing
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like Craglorn too. There's definitely still plenty of challenges to find. And it's a zone I've kept coming back to as I have gotten stronger and better at the game. Obstacles I was no where near being able to overcome I have later been able to solo. By now I've soloed almost everything there. Except the School of Warriors thing. And I haven't tried all world bosses yet.
    It's a good place to test your skill level.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stratloc wrote: »
    I really like Craglorn too. There's definitely still plenty of challenges to find. And it's a zone I've kept coming back to as I have gotten stronger and better at the game. Obstacles I was no where near being able to overcome I have later been able to solo. By now I've soloed almost everything there. Except the School of Warriors thing. And I haven't tried all world bosses yet.
    It's a good place to test your skill level.

@Stratloc I agree! I like testing new builds there. Don't give up on the Rahni'za, I soloed it today for the first time. On a red-headed step child Stamsorc no less!
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard