Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So Vampirism and Werewolf-itis

TheBlackCat
Yes i made the werewolf-itis bit up

but on a more serious note
I currently have the Vampirism status on the character status thing
and I havent decided whether to go through with being a vampire or curing it
my problem is that what if i want to be a vampire for a while could I cure it later?
or do i have to cure it now?

another question i have if i cure it now can i become a werewolf?

and what if i do become a werewolf will i be able to cure it later and become a vampire?

I dont know if these questions are stupid or if they have already been asked but I have asked around and no one has been able to tell me so i thought maybe ask here on the forums.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    While I haven't read them (I hate spoilers, usually) there are a few guides the Players Guides forum you could check out.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never ever understood the whole Vampire/Werewolf thing in TES, everytime i become it in any game it was annoying as, it was broken and it didn't work right..

Sure in a single player game it was ok to step in the roles for an hour or two then it became so annoying id cure asap..i never even purchased the Dawnguard expansion because i hated them so much in Skyrim.

So in an MMO no thanks why would i want to infect myself and gimp my class even worse than it was before?
    Edited by DanteYoda on April 10, 2014 3:30AM
  • TheBlackCat
    @Lazarus_Long‌ do you have a link to one?
    @DanteYoda‌ it wasn't broken in my game
    i enjoy it which is why I want to become one in the game
    i guess its just up to taste
    and while i appreciate the feedback it really doesnt answer any of my questions lol
    Edited by TheBlackCat on April 10, 2014 8:36AM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i enjoy it which is why I want to become one in the game

This is the part people keep missing in all of these vamp/were threads. The option exists for fun, let people have fun.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by SadisticSavior on April 10, 2014 2:44PM
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    I am kinda glad it is so gimpy...I do NOT want to play VampWolfs Online. ESO did a good job with it...it is novel enough that some people will want it, but has enough play drawbacks that most people won't.

This makes it lore consistent (it's a curse, not a blessing) and makes it so only the hardcore RPers will want it. long term. So we will not see people just taking it as another buff.

Edited by SadisticSavior on April 10, 2014 2:44PM
  • TheBlackCat
    @RakeWorm‌ I'm surprised more people dont want to just have fun with it

@SadisticSavior‌ i never though of the werewolf/vamp curse as just another buff

to me the game it's all about the fun
    Edited by TheBlackCat on April 11, 2014 8:38PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ^ This ^

One of my main characters, Basil, as listed in my sig, has ALWAYS been played as a vampire, since the early days of Morrowind. I even made some vampire mods for him, to enhance the RP factor.

I want to get him bitten early and play him through the whole game as a vampire. The fun is knowing those weaknesses and learning to work around them, while making full use of his strengths.

If anyone on the EU server is willing to put the bite on him while he's still in single figures, I would be eternally grateful. Just PM me if you're an EU AD vampire looking for a feed. ;)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • TheBlackCat
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    If anyone on the EU server is willing to put the bite on him while he's still in single figures, I would be eternally grateful. Just PM me if you're an EU AD vampire looking for a feed. ;)

I would offer a bite but i decided not to turn because my character hates Molag Bal and I'm on the North American server lol
    good luck getting bit :)

and I agree learning how to overcome the weaknesses is what adds fun to it you have to be smart and quick on your feet but you learn to work with it after all no one's perfect not even the creatures of the night xP
  • TheBlackCat
    Tiyamel wrote: »

Omg i didnt even think of googling lol i feel dumb
    but thank you! this actually helped :)