The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So ZOS, you've decided NOT to increase item slots or player caps?

• Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Good lord.....They are not ignoring or actively deciding to not increase housing slots.

They have stated that they can't increase housing slots because of performance reasons. Would you prefer the game to run like a slide show or have 5 minute+ loading screens so you can have more stuff in your house?

This has been discussed numerous times.
    Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Except for the fact they are actively ignoring the housing section. Go search the housing sub-forums, tell me what the page and the date of the last ZoS post that wasn’t a moderator action silencing people.

S.A.96

They actively ignore most of the forum and mostly moderate so this is not news.

Its a demonstrable fact that housing sees the least amount and communication of any subforum and has recieved exactly 1 updatd in 3 years, and that update was just stolen from an addon.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not just the item limit though. It's the very well thought out threads with requested items (99% of which are assets already in the game), suggesting more small/medium homes, asking for more houses in the base zones in different racial styles, solutions ideas to get around the item limit if it's technically undoable.

All ignored.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    It's not just the item limit though. It's the very well thought out threads with requested items (99% of which are assets already in the game), suggesting more small/medium homes, asking for more houses in the base zones in different racial styles, solutions ideas to get around the item limit if it's technically undoable.

All ignored.

For three years
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said it was a load issue and that may not be as easy to sort out as you think. I'm sure if they could easily increase the item limit they would.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said it was a load issue and that may not be as easy to sort out as you think. I'm sure if they could easily increase the item limit they would.

Honestly thats their problem. They only want to do the bare minimum, the absolute easiest thing, while ignoring anything of substance.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have stated that they can't increase housing slots because of performance reasons. Would you prefer the game to run like a slide show or have 5 minute+ loading screens so you can have more stuff in your house?

Yes, actually I would. I'll take my chances.

Better to have a laggy house, than one you never visit because it looks empty at a 700 item limit. And I've never experienced a bit of lag in a full house, even with multiple animated furnishings. But I can press L and zone into Cyrodiil, be the only person around, and have choppy framerate, vanishing terrain, running in place, and disconnects.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly thats their problem. They only want to do the bare minimum, the absolute easiest thing, while ignoring anything of substance.
    It is THE problem. They said they were trying to increase the item limit but really there are more important things in the game to deal with so I'm not surprised there has been nothing on this since. I'd love an increased item limit but it isn't game breaking not to have it.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they don't even seem to deal with stuff that is game-breaking.

However, the thing is that everyone has a different idea of what is game-breaking. It's simply whichever aspect of the game is important to you.

Here a lot of us consider the total lack of love in housing as game-breaking.

The PvP'ers think the appalling lag in Cyrodiil is game-breaking.

Mag-sorcs say their class nerfs are game-breaking.

And now incap is game-breaking. And so on.

You see what I mean?

And what to us is even more galling is the fact that our community has bust a gut trying to come up with ways that ZOS can get round the item problem, without compromising technical issues and peoples' experiences. But have they so much as acknowledged our suggestions? Have they hell....
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    But they don't even seem to deal with stuff that is game-breaking.

However, the thing is that everyone has a different idea of what is game-breaking. It's simply whichever aspect of the game is important to you.

Here a lot of us consider the total lack of love in housing as game-breaking.

The PvP'ers think the appalling lag in Cyrodiil is game-breaking.

Mag-sorcs say their class nerfs are game-breaking.

And now incap is game-breaking. And so on.

You see what I mean?

And what to us is even more galling is the fact that our community has bust a gut trying to come up with ways that ZOS can get round the item problem, without compromising technical issues and peoples' experiences. But have they so much as acknowledged our suggestions? Have they hell....

Exactly this. Zos doesnt even bother fixing the game breaking stuff. ESO bugs that are old enough to start primary school at this point.