The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So ZOS, you've decided NOT to increase item slots or player caps?

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
At least that is the takeaway from your latest live stream where your housing dev apparently also decided not to answer housing related questions. For the most expensive items in the game this doesn't seem like a particularly savvy move. Pretty sure this means I'm done buying crowns and will have to seriously consider cancelling the sub I've kept since day one. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that. It'd be great if you'd come in here and prove me wrong and start taking this issue of underperformance seriously.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a shame that they will not increase the cap, i understand why and agree its probably for the best. however i think they should then allow 700 items in the small/medium houses.
    XBOX EU/PC EU
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    It is a shame that they will not increase the cap, i understand why and agree its probably for the best. however i think they should then allow 700 items in the small/medium houses.

And 24 players in the 12 player homes and 12 in the 6 player homes.

Options
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Wise_Will wrote: »

And 24 players in the 12 player homes and 12 in the 6 player homes.

I would need to acquire that many friends first, i'm having trouble just finding the one :P
    XBOX EU/PC EU
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody from ZoS will respond. They have ignored the housing forums since homestead launched and I sincerelt doubt they have the decency to prove either of us wrong
    Options
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea it was a little disappointing to hear that they pretty much confirmed the limits won't be getting any improvements (At least not anytime soon) but I'll trust that it really is something they cannot do. After all, there really is no benefit to keeping them smaller, both from a gameplay & a business standpoint. If they could, I'm sure they would.

I will say, as suggested above already, that making that 700 (Or 350 non ESO+) item limit they mention as being the highest for now, available to ALL homes irregardless of their size would be a good compromise.

Also I was glad to hear they acknowledge the demands for more medium/small houses, and by making the 700 item limit, the universal limit for all homes, it'd guarantee these smaller homes would get to be filled really well.

Appreciate the communication & updates Cullen Lee (And all the other unnamed Housing staff)! Would love to see it become a regular thing around here! A monthly Q&A thread conducted by the Housing devs on these forums would be super cool as well!

Communication is a beautiful thing :)
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »

Appreciate the communication & updates Cullen Lee (And all the other unnamed Housing staff)! Would love to see it become a regular thing around here! A monthly Q&A thread conducted by the Housing devs on these forums would be super cool as well!

Yes thank you ZoS for your annual reply to something involving housing. It was a doozy this year.
    Options
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes thank you ZoS for your annual reply to something involving housing. It was a doozy this year.

What better way to encourage communication then to show sarcasm when they do! /s

All jokes aside, my post seen me encouraging MORE involvement with their community. Just in a less whiny, "the world is ending!!" way.

This makes back-to-back ESO Live's that we've received both info into upcoming Housing Developments AND acknowledgements over various concerns on the forums. Nothing crazy, but it's a start. Just letting them know communication IS appreciated & we'd all like to see more.
    Edited by Vehlir on April 29, 2019 9:23PM
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What better way to encourage communication then to show sarcasm when they do! /s

All jokes aside, my post seen me encouraging MORE involvement with their community. Just in a less whiny, "the world is ending!!" way.

This makes back-to-back ESO Live's that we've received both info into upcoming Housing Developments AND acknowledgements over various concerns on the forums. Nothing crazy, but it's a start. Just letting them know communication IS appreciated & we'd all like to see more.

I appreciate what youre saying, though I dont appreciate the smug condescending way youre saying it. You just wont see me sucking up to ZoS for doing the literal minimum.
    Edited by Imperial_Voice on April 30, 2019 2:40PM
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will say, as suggested above already, that making that 700 (Or 350 non ESO+) item limit they mention as being the highest for now, available to ALL homes irregardless of their size would be a good compromise.

I don't see this as a good compromise. Speaking from experience in decorating/building all types of houses, there has never been much of a problem with the item cap regarding small and medium-sized homes. It is the large properties that suffer from the limit, and this is exactly what wouldn't be addressed with this suggestion.
    Options
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate what youre saying, though I dont appreciate the smug condescending way youre saying it. You just wont sre me sucking up to ZoS for doing the literal minimum.

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. I'm not sure what sre means, but I'm not trying to anything you.

However considering the original sarcasm you opted to greet my post with, we'll call any grievances you have with my post even and move forward!

As for the actual topic:
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

I don't see this as a good compromise. Speaking from experience in decorating/building all types of houses, there has never been much of a problem with the item cap regarding small and medium-sized homes. It is the large properties that suffer from the limit, and this is exactly what wouldn't be addressed with this suggestion.

Yea, I feel ya, maybe not the best compromise, but something I'm sure would be appreciated. I definitely know first hand I would KILL for more slots on my smaller Inn room. Maybe compromise isn't the best term, but still something I think they should think about doing.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'd be smart to also drop the sub requirement to get the full furnishing amount. People who don't sub still buy houses and furnishings. It's cutting their own throats to dis- incentivize those players from buying in. I know it's MEANT to encourage subs but I think it has more of the effect of making people decide NOT to buy into housing rather than take on a sub to get its full "benefit."

Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can almost understand the (pseudo) reply to the housing limits question. If they can't do it, they can't do it.

What about all the suggestions for making the limit more bearable that have been tossed about - more multipiece items, more "filled" items, more items like stairs and fireplaces so we don't have to use 30 paving stones, swapping around item types. Nothing on that?

The only time they let a housing dev out of the dungeon is to pimp their latest home and then nothing.
    Options
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    I can almost understand the (pseudo) reply to the housing limits question. If they can't do it, they can't do it.

What about all the suggestions for making the limit more bearable that have been tossed about - more multipiece items, more "filled" items, more items like stairs and fireplaces so we don't have to use 30 paving stones, swapping around item types. Nothing on that?

The only time they let a housing dev out of the dungeon is to pimp their latest home and then nothing.

Also, if collision detection is the main issue, then why not make a seperate limit for items with and without collision detection?
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Also, if collision detection is the main issue, then why not make a seperate limit for items with and without collision detection?

That would require getting off their asses and doing something besides asset flips
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They'd be smart to also drop the sub requirement to get the full furnishing amount. People who don't sub still buy houses and furnishings. It's cutting their own throats to dis- incentivize those players from buying in. I know it's MEANT to encourage subs but I think it has more of the effect of making people decide NOT to buy into housing rather than take on a sub to get its full "benefit."

But it could also be that they have more subs because of that benefit. Sure, non-ESO+ members do buy houses, but it could be that there are more subs within the housing community because of the benefit. And it's possible they might lose more subs than they'd like if they removed it. While I'm sure they make a good deal of revenue from selling houses, they still need a good reliable/predictable revenue stream, which subs provide.

Agreed, and I said something similar in another thread. If they can't do anything about the limits, I'd hope they'd listen to all our suggestions about how to alleviate it.

Plus, I'd love to see more things to do in our homes, like crafting writs.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea it was a little disappointing to hear that they pretty much confirmed the limits won't be getting any improvements (At least not anytime soon) but I'll trust that it really is something they cannot do. After all, there really is no benefit to keeping them smaller, both from a gameplay & a business standpoint. If they could, I'm sure they would.

Also I was glad to hear they acknowledge the demands for more medium/small houses, and by making the 700 item limit, the universal limit for all homes, it'd guarantee these smaller homes would get to be filled really well.

I doubt that will happen, but a proportionate rise in slots would be good, across the board, even if the largest homes wouldn't benefit.

What I just don't get is why we can't add the Traditional Furnishings and Collectible Furnishings (trophies etc.) allowances together and let people choose what they use?

Some people want to fill every home full of trophies, endless statuettes, and achievement-related paraphernalia, but most don't and would far prefer a decent boost to the Traditional Furnishings limit, instead.

Homes don't have to be a representation of other aspects of the game and in fact, the best ones are often better described as a refuge from it, if anything.

The other thing, is that there is no reason why you couldn't have even a very large plot with a large, but not huge, house on it.

If the house isn't too huge and is well designed and laid-out, so it doesn't need a lot of changes/additions and the outside space is already fairly beautiful, 700 slots would normally be (just about) enough.

The problem is, that generally isn't the case.

The house is enormous and/or badly laid out and/or has missing bits and so, people feel the need to build a lot more than they otherwise would.

This may encourage innovation, but it devours furnishing slots.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 5, 2019 7:50AM
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigers Eye, I quite agree with all your points, especially the issue of Collectible Furnishings.

Maybe ZOS would be kind enough to give us the reason why those of us who are not interested in displaying trophies etc are currently not able to use that allowance as traditional furnishings. If we were, then that would go some way towards alleviating the frustration of limited item caps.

If there is a (genuine) technical reason, then ZOS please let us know....as this issue has been posted about numerous times, and no explanation has been forthcoming.
    Options
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I kinda like that idea. If you aren't using collectibles, you can use the items slots for other things. Should you try to add a collectible and don't have the item count, you'd have to remove something.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'm just kind of resigned to being forever disappointed with housing. Like right now all I want is a 600 item slot house (so "medium") that will still let me have 24 people in it. Hunding's Palatial Hall should absolutely be able to accommodate 24 players. It's easily large enough as are any of the 600 slot homes.

That and my day/night toggle. A thing they absolutely CAN do...but just can't be bothered I guess. So, those 2 things. Setting the bar pretty low I think.

And yet...I expect to still be disappointed. Nor do I expect to see more small and medium new homes any time soon. Empty McMansions is what I am resigned to seeing from here on out.

Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I'm just kind of resigned to being forever disappointed with housing. Like right now all I want is a 600 item slot house (so "medium") that will still let me have 24 people in it. Hunding's Palatial Hall should absolutely be able to accommodate 24 players. It's easily large enough as are any of the 600 slot homes.

That and my day/night toggle. A thing they absolutely CAN do...but just can't be bothered I guess. So, those 2 things. Setting the bar pretty low I think.

And yet...I expect to still be disappointed. Nor do I expect to see more small and medium new homes any time soon. Empty McMansions is what I am resigned to seeing from here on out.

Theyve made it pretty clear that they arent just ignoring us, they actively disdain us.
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt you guys hear ? “ They’re killing it” xD
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

You mean the game? Yeah theyre definitely killing the game.
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this whole shambles has anything to do with the fact that ZOS are busy developing their next game, and that they now have other priorities?

If so it would definitely be easier to do nothing in the way of progression, improvements and most fixes....and consequently just ignoring us means that they don't even have to explain themselves.

Maybe just my imagination. Or maybe not...
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    I wonder if this whole shambles has anything to do with the fact that ZOS are busy developing their next game, and that they now have other priorities?

If so it would definitely be easier to do nothing in the way of progression, improvements and most fixes....and consequently just ignoring us means that they don't even have to explain themselves.

Maybe just my imagination. Or maybe not...

Wouldnt surprise me to be honest. Theyre moving on to their next cash crate simulator game and pulling some support from ESO to cover it. Of course thats no excuse for the last three years.
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Definitely killing my enthusiasm to play.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord.....They are not ignoring or actively deciding to not increase housing slots.

They have stated that they can't increase housing slots because of performance reasons. Would you prefer the game to run like a slide show or have 5 minute+ loading screens so you can have more stuff in your house?

This has been discussed numerous times.
    Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Edited by Katahdin on May 9, 2019 11:21PM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Good lord.....They are not ignoring or actively deciding to not increase housing slots.

They have stated that they can't increase housing slots because of performance reasons. Would you prefer the game to run like a slide show or have 5 minute+ loading screens so you can have more stuff in your house?

People are pissed due to a lack of communicationand ZoS unwillingness to improve anything. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
    Options
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except for the fact they are actively ignoring the housing section. Go search the housing sub-forums, tell me what the page and the date of the last ZoS post that wasn’t a moderator action silencing people.

S.A.96
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People are pissed due to a lack of communicationand ZoS unwillingness to improve anything. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

They dont say much about anything anywhere so their lack of communication here isn't shocking.

While housing is part of the game, it's not called Housing Sims Online. They probably have bigger priorities right now. The main thing people want (more slots) can't be done without compromising performance and some people won't be happy with anything unless its more slots
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except for the fact they are actively ignoring the housing section. Go search the housing sub-forums, tell me what the page and the date of the last ZoS post that wasn’t a moderator action silencing people.

S.A.96

They actively ignore most of the forum and mostly moderate so this is not news.
    Options