Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS PLEASE implement these BG features (custom lobbys, intuitive ranking and more)

Regal_Imp
Regal_Imp
✭✭✭
Let's get right to the point: BGs are a good idea that were EXTREMELY under developed.

All the PvPers in the game want these few things, and its about time ZOS paid attention.

1) We want a CUSTOM LOBBY option. With the extremely complicated and unintuitive MMR system BGs have, its nearly impossible to get a 4v4v4 match with people you want to play with EVEN if you all queue at the same time and wait for the ready check (it used to work, but ZOS broke something when they changed the MMR system recently). This is the biggest concern on our list, because even if ZOS cant give us competitive BG scenes, we can at least make our own and conduct our own tournaments etc if we have access to private custom lobbys that allow us to choose our opponents.

2) In a perfect world, we'd also have INTUITIVE RANKINGS for BG MMR. What I mean by this is a visible rank (I.E. bronze, silver, gold) for a ranked "season" and this would allow us to better understand who we're faced against and perhaps allow us to earn different rewards based on our skill level and not simply based on how many BGs we play in a week.

3) Speaking of leaderboards, we want REAL REWARDS based on skill and merit, not just how often you play. If we can't have a ranking system, then at least give us something to earn by playing these BGs so much. One gold item and 10 transmutes isnt enough, give us unique prizes, costumes, emotes etc so that people actually want to play BGs

4) If we can have none of these things, then at least give us SEPERATE QUEUES for premades and solo queuers. NOBODY likes the fact that you can solo queue into a match against two 4 man premade teams,. The main problem is that premades arent facing eachother because they have slightly different "MMR" (ZOS MMR is ridiculous, barely even worth calling it MMR), but for some reason we're facing a group of pugs for no apparent reason. Have 4man premades face 4man premades, have solo queuers face other solo and duo queuers, let us ENJOY OUR EXPERIENCE WITH BGS.

I tried to keep this as concise as possible and I'd love to elaborate further in the comments if anybody has questions. It's gotten to the point where a lot of the PvPers on PC NA have gotten together to start a competitive BG scene of our own, but still can't get it to work properly because we have to wait hours in the queue before we get matched with the people we want to fight. Please comment and let myself and ZOS know what you think.

- Regal
AD: R E G A L/Halle Bear-y/Regal Implar/ l l l l DC: Enel/Blue Imp EP: Regal Pimp/Chuck Bear-y/Red Imp
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could take ideas from
    Gw2 and the types of rewards they have. As intricate as Stone statues of the season winning team and could be placed in a main zone of each faction.
    Or as easy as a title for winning.

Having the ability to invite everyone into a group and then loading into an instance (main lobby like AA) then have three doorways. Respective teams go to their own door and get ported into the bg spawn.

Allow us to vote on maps with three options when a group is formed. (If no lobby system)

I would like to see more natural landscape taken from parts of cyro that go unscathed in the war and used towards bg maps.

A lot of ways to spruce up the bg interest.
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Custom lobby would be great, I can see it being used a lot for guild events.

I don't see them implementing separate queues even though it would be great, but some sort of ranking system is the least they could do. The fact that PVP ranks are based on time sink makes them less engaging than they could be, so something new would definitely be appreciated.
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Good idea to implement player made games, since zos doesn't put together tournaments

2) Making the rank system clearer would make BGs more competitive instead of just either winning or losing

3) Rewards should be at par with cyrodil rewards(which i think should be redone as well to match skill over playtime). Possibly make rewards for going up in rank, then a bigger reward for holding that rank over a week/month

4) Solo que gets real boring when you wait 20 mins to go up against 3-4 man teams that are coordinating.
    Possibly make it so solo/duos are one que, then 3-4 man groups are their own que.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that premades full of talented people can’t get into the same match as other “higher MMR” premades, even when all three of them are actively trying to synchronize their queues IS AN ISSUE.

The fact that because of that issue, those premades then have to face solo queuers? That’s A PROBLEM.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. However not sure private and exclusive player controlled custom lobbies is the way to go.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Resetting MMR with every update would be great or having some sort of degrade system
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Razier
    Razier
    ✭✭✭
    If ZoS made these changes quickly that would certainly make Midyear Mayham one hell of an event
    Saint of Brindle
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. However not sure private and exclusive player controlled custom lobbies is the way to go.

Ideally ZOS would fix their own MMR, but if they can't give us a way to compete against our friends, then they should let us set up the competitions ourselves!
    AD: R E G A L/Halle Bear-y/Regal Implar/ l l l l DC: Enel/Blue Imp EP: Regal Pimp/Chuck Bear-y/Red Imp
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has a good starting point for setting up a better system and it's disappointing that nothing has come out of it for all this time.
  • Muskrap
    Muskrap
    ✭✭✭
    If we had more intuitive ways of doing competitive group fights like this we wouldn't beat up casual pvp as much
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭
    Muskrap wrote: »
    If we had more intuitive ways of doing competitive group fights like this we wouldn't beat up casual pvp as much

Half the threads in this sub-forum are about how premades are ruining the experience... ZOS needs to let us premade in our private lobbies.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    there was another guy with a similar idea (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/461935/how-to-finally-fix-balance-battlegrounds-in-my-opinion/p1) ..he even figured out rewards and pictures..but guess what...zos doesn't care.

odvdzYs.jpg

fixing pvp and pvp related bugs doesn't make the casual player happy hence they won't fix/change anything.
    they believe only new content is what brings money, sadly..
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many great ideas that’s would make bgs amazing ^^ @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump. Please acknowledge some sort of fix for BGs. A custom lobby would be absolutely amazing but I think a displayed MMR ranking would be great too. The current “leaderboards” are a joke and actually discourage the good players from placing high. Higher MMR = way longer que times vs harder competition. It’s just all around a terrible system.
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    I read a thread like this and it often feels like this:

"hmmm great ideas! Wow, I would love to see these implemented! Simple and elegant solutions, it makes me excited to play! Oh wait, ZOS doesn't even acknowledge these threads, let alone address long standing bugs and glitches... When do Crowfall/Chronicles of Elyria come out again?"
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/477137/bg-ques-can-we-get-acknowledgement#latest

I made new post in general to gain more exposure and referenced the idea of custom lobbies. Maybe will gain traction.
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭
    It's obvious from all the responses here, and on other BG change threads that adding small changes like private queue etc would be a huge bonus to ESO's dwindling PvP scene. We can only hope that with enough exposure, ZOS will listen!
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of private lobby matchmaking.

Of course, there can't be rewards tied to it. Far too easy to be abused. Myself and 11 guildies could just win trade until we couldn't spend all the AP we got if we tried. If it can be abused, it WILL be abused.

Players...it's the reason we can't have nice things.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want battlegrounds where other people actually want to play.

Overwhelming majority of feedback from this forum, in game, and in creator content (YouTube/Twitch) is the same:

Separate queues for pugs and premades.
    Reasonable incentive to actually fight in competetive premade v premade teams.

As usual, no mention of any of this in the future update notes. Devs either don't get it, or just don't care.
    It's really depressing because BG PvP is just one part of a much bigger game with many great things, but for those of us who like to fight, it's a big and important part.

Someday, another fun action fantasy MMO with decent pvp will make its way to console. On that day many of us will find a new home there and take our money, our content creation, and their new players with us. Maybe then they'll care.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regal_Imp wrote: »
    It's obvious from all the responses here, and on other BG change threads that adding small changes like private queue etc would be a huge bonus to ESO's dwindling PvP scene. We can only hope that with enough exposure, ZOS will listen!

If ESO’a PvP scene were actually dwindling, Cyrodil servers wouldn’t be pop locked on most nights and low MMR noobs would be waiting just as long as the rest of us for a BG match.

The only thing ZoS needs to seriously add is an eye roll emoji on these forums.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on July 10, 2019 6:48AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that would be great