Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Worth it to change accounts

Beranir
Beranir
Hello, I bought game in 2014 did not really liked it, so I did not got very far, around 15lvl, I recently came back once again im playing slowly trying different classes, so my current highest char is 17lvl, I never bought any crowns, I never payed for ESO. That said im really getting into the game this time, I watched some nice guides, I understand the game more and well I understand englich more now than 4 years ago so even that plays a role, I was even thinking about buying some expansion and here lies my problem. If I would want to upgrade my game I would have to buy upgrade for morrowind for summerset and for new elsewyer or I could just buy the new standart edition which aparantly comes with all the expansions. My question is simple, is it worth it to buy a new game? create new account or should I just upgrade it one by one or dont even bother now since im at the begining of the game (with this however it would be better to switch now when I am at the begining and not when I will have dozens of hours on this account right?).
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your progress seems negligible. I would do whatever is the best deal. Was your first account a pre-order? Was it Imperial edition?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear, if it was preorder, you also have the any race any alliance upgrade. You might also have some pre-order pets (mudcrab?) or other rewards. You might want to check pets to see what might be lost.

I highly doubt you learned any valuable recipes or motifs, so there is likely nothing to worry about losing unless you had a preorder or imperial edition.
  • Beranir
    Beranir
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    To be clear, if it was preorder, you also have the any race any alliance upgrade. You might also have some pre-order pets (mudcrab?) or other rewards. You might want to check pets to see what might be lost.

I highly doubt you learned any valuable recipes or motifs, so there is likely nothing to worry about losing unless you had a preorder or imperial edition.

It was the most basic I think, just tamriel unlimited, I have basic mount, basic races, my only pet is a monkey I got from beta I gues, so I would lose that one, but honestly that monkey is not very nice pet imo anyway.
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is simple, is it worth it to buy a new game? create new account or should I just upgrade it one by one or dont even bother now since im at the begining of the game (with this however it would be better to switch now when I am at the begining and not when I will have dozens of hours on this account right?).

You don't have to create a new account. My story is very similar to yours, even down to playing only to level 15 the first time :) . Now for the second time I wanted all the expansions, and I wanted the warden class and jewelcrafting, so I bought the Elsweyr edition that comes with Summerset and Morrowind, and which also includes a new game. This just added the missing content to my account. No change was needed.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't create a new account. The old one "owns" any character names. You have skill points, riding lessons and other rewards for time invested that you should keep. Even if you create new characters after buying the new content, the old ones aren't worthless.