The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Major Brutality for Bows

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I would change Magnum shot for this. Instead of knocking yourself back, which is a dubious skill buff at best, I would have it extract power from the target and grant major brutality.

So you’d have a choice to make between the healing of Draining Shot or the Major Brutality of Magnum Shot.

Magnum shot is soooo unique and fun though. I wouldn't want that touched, it's one of the most interesting movement/repositioning skills in the game, and one of the few available to all classes.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be added to Expert Hunter in the fighters guild line.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would change Magnum shot for this. Instead of knocking yourself back, which is a dubious skill buff at best, I would have it extract power from the target and grant major brutality.

So you’d have a choice to make between the healing of Draining Shot or the Major Brutality of Magnum Shot.

Magnum shot is soooo unique and fun though. I wouldn't want that touched, it's one of the most interesting movement/repositioning skills in the game, and one of the few available to all classes.

You don’t have to want it, but if the majority does....

I don’t have any stats, though I’m sure the devs do, but going off what I see in Cyro I’d be very surprised if more than 5% of Scattershot morphs were into Magnum Shot. Everyone seems to be using draining shot.

I personally think it’s due some changes.
    Edited by Maulkin on May 1, 2019 3:25PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m

You don’t have to want it, but if the majority does....

I don’t have any stats, though I’m sure the devs do, but going off what I see in Cyro I’d be very surprised if more than 5% of Scattershot morphs were into Magnum Shot. Everyone seems to be using draining shot.

I personally think it’s due some changes.

Issue with Magnum Shot is always that the knock back to yourself keeps you from timing burst as well, and often hurts you as much as the target from a position standpoint. It is fun though when you find a pure melee build that you can just keep away from yourself.

Personally I always take Draining Shot over Magnum and haven't used Magnum in two years or so. However I rarely use either these days. They are very difficult to use against a good S&B build as it will be blocked 90% of the time and net nothing. My Dk slots Fossilize the majority of the time. Unblockable/undodgeable CC is almost always better than their counterparts. The only builds I really want Draining Shot for are when I'm fighting MagSorcs with traps.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..