The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Roleplaying Material and ideas...?

xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
what would you like to be added in to the future to improve the current Roleplaying of the game?
what I would like or at least just think about it it would be:
1. Companion(something/someone that can follow you around and its not very invasive or at all depending on the companion and does interesting comments depending on the location...actions ur doing and stuff like that...like the augur for example)
2. interactable beds...seriously...no description needed.
3. combining costumes we have in our collection with armor parts or such through outfitter
cant think of more right now...obviously ides are welcome...
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jump on the bed and do /sleep. not as immersive to jump on a bed i guess but uit's not a highly demanded feature as such.

4. a way to completely remove the chat and never have it pop up, including notifications with the simple click of 1 button in the settings that you can go back and turn on whenever you need it.
    5. a roleplay server. i know it's not possible and allt hat and it'd reduce the playerbase yadayada. just saying it would be have been nice. it even could be restricted to one larger zone and i'd enjoy that.
    6. roleplay pvp would be nice. a place where people didn't fantasize over meta 24/7 and actually just had organized duels and stuff. an area for that would be cool..
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Grandma doesnt exactly work on the floating bed or those bed types where you cant even go inside due to their design...royal beds or smt like that I forgot the name :(
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grandma doesnt exactly work on the floating bed or those bed types where you cant even go inside due to their design...royal beds or smt like that I forgot the name :(

oh i see what you mean. being inside the bed would be nice...
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »
    jump on the bed and do /sleep. not as immersive to jump on a bed i guess but uit's not a highly demanded feature as such.

The large Khajiiti bed I have has a canopy that blocks you from getting onto it. I can't even fake sleeping. :'(
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow certain emotes to be active while walking. I don't want to have to write /drink2 again every time I take a step. There used to be a bug in the game that allowed this, but it caused weird glitches when you used it on dances for example, but it was a blessing for roleplay.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow us to customize our characters to be different kinds of Khajiit/Argonians as long as they are still humanoid enough to make sense of the item slots and animations. (An Alfiq and Senche-raht wouldn't have use for belts or pauldrons, greatswords etc)
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    4. a way to completely remove the chat and never have it pop up, including notifications with the simple click of 1 button in the settings that you can go back and turn on whenever you need it.

Not sure how it is on other platforms but on xbox this is already a thing. When I was new to the game I used to turn the chat off when questing and only enabled it when I went into a group dungeon.
    Edited by Vizikul on May 1, 2019 2:55AM
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying to seduce the guildleaders main-healer for an ERP session while he tries to prove his manhood by tanking a normal DLC dungeon for the guild newcomers maybe?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to sit cross-legged. Or have an option box pop up to hold hands with another character.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

The large Khajiiti bed I have has a canopy that blocks you from getting onto it. I can't even fake sleeping. :'(

Yeah, sleeping is exactly why you crafted that Khajiit bed.

As for OP.

Emotes used to work sitting down, they should expand on that.

Also, an emote menu would be appreciated. I had an addon that put them on my HUD but it got out dated and I uninstalled it a while back.

Also more quests with options that aren’t explicit. Like in the Deshaan public dungeon you can 1) save the girl by telling her to leave 2)you leave the girl in the camp and agree with the camp leader or 3) leave the girl in the camp and get revenge on the camp leader (he remains flagged to kill even if you let him be the quest ender)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Companion
    Nah. Not worth the lag, and if you want companionship... find someone you can be friends with!
    2. interactable beds
    Definitely! And some other furniture pieces... for RP purposes, it would be great to be able to sleep in beds, get locked in the stocks or a cage (for those who like to play "damsel in distress" for other heroes to "rescue"), float meditating over a magic circle (though you can actually do that with a bit of help from the psijic line), take a bath in a bathtub, work on something not crafting-station (spinneret, butter churner, whatever)

Also, emotes while sitting on furniture, please. Can we sit AND drink, sit AND read a book, etc.
    3. combining costumes we have in our collection with armor parts or such through outfitter
    Said it before, it would be really neat to be able to do something along those lines! They could sell most costumes -again- in bits and pieces, at least the armor costumes and hats are something I would really love to see for this!

Also, let us select different jewelry/makeup and hairstyle options within the outfit system!
    Like... making your character a "War Witch" outfit with warpaint, a circlet and a practical braid, and then a "Enchantress" outfit with makeup, earrings and free flowing hair... without having to select all those adornements and hairstyles by hand!
    4. a way to completely remove the chat
    ...is not needed. You can set it up so its little enough of a bother with various chat tabs, text colors and such...

What WOULD be great is if you could save your chat "settings" and then just reload them for your alts, so you don't have to do it all over again by hand. Heck, save ALL your character settings, chat and keybinds and others!!!
    5. a roleplay server.
    Would be really nice, but is not gonna happen because we roleplayers just do not bring in enough profits to set aside an exclusive server. But it would be cool to have, entrace "GM approval only" - sumbit your character backstory first! :p;)
    6. roleplay pvp would be nice. a place where people didn't fantasize over meta 24/7 and actually just had organized duels and stuff. an area for that would be cool..
    There is one such arena in Stormhaven, and another as a purchasable home... but... well, one is all duellists, and the other costs a lot, so...
    But that's always the problem. Either everyone can go there, then you can count on the meta-hunters to go try to squeeze another half percentage point of super-effectiveness from their build while dissing the "ineffective" roleplayers who make their builds to reflect their backstory instead of the META, or you gotta pay a lot for a private place for you and your friends only.

We really could use some kind of "guildhall", preferably on an oblivion plane you "conquer" with a raid, then build up with guild projects using up tons of the low level crafting stuff noone has much of a use for anymore (thousands of TA runes?)
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Allow certain emotes to be active while walking...
    It is called "personalities", like for example the "drunkard" personality. But we sure could use more of those!

I would love to see...

More additiont to the outfit system. I mentioned hairstyles and adornments, others thought of costume bits... but, there could be so much more.
    • Like, all the "civilian clothing" we can steal and launder, let us deconstruct this for a chance to learn the visuals for the outfit system (we have prisoner clothing already, so... precedent is there!)
    • Also, jewelry visuals for outfit slots. Like... gemmed bracers instead of gauntlets, anklets instead of boots, circlets or crowns of various styles instead of helmets, and a heap of gold chains instead of shoulders so you can pity the fool who'd challenge you to a duel?
    • Then, there could be a lot more fun with weapon visuals, like... "Summoned weapons", visuals for weapons that are made from mystic energy, do not appear when "sheathed", but have an "conjure weapon" animatiuon when being drawn? They could sell those in various energy flavors - fire, shock, poison, holy, unholy, whatever...
    • And of course, personalities. Why not let those be changed with the outfit system as well? Have your "war witch" outfit come with have a stern "commander" personality, and your "enchantress" outfit with a noble "duchess" personality, etc.

An outfit system for mounts, so we can color their saddle, and so forth to match our characters armor scheme. Maybe even change the saddle/armor/saddlebags visuals (there might be some who like one of the old horseys, but not the "backpack" style saddlebags...)
    Also, way more mounts. I really want to see a chariot for my imperial characters...

A "servant" system for homesteads, so you could "hire" a butler or maid (argonians preferred I hear...), and then customize them with their own outfit system, including "servant personalities" (like, one might be a "maid" that wanders through your castle sweeping floors, the other could be a "bard" that sits in a corner playing songs, another a "cook" who makes cooking themed animations in the kitchen, another a "guard" who partols a certain area...) Larger homes could have multiple servants, smaller homes less or none...

Also, a crown-fuelled way to add more funiture slots to homes, Bring on the clutter! And I want all furniture bookcases to become containders where you can place interactable books into, and then place is as one "filled bookcase" piece of furniture and get a random one from the "contents" when interacting...

More emotes. Way more.

A more immersive justice system that makes people apprehensive of getting caught again!

More weapon selection to further diversify our characters. I hate it how all my mages MUST have a staff, and all my archers MUST have a bow, I want to see my "librarian" cast from an open spellbook and my "assassin" fire a crossbow! Like: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1 ;)

More character diversity in general... be it more playable races, or more character background, more guild options or some sort of sub-class specialization system...
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to be able to sit cross-legged. Or have an option box pop up to hold hands with another character.

I really like the hand holding idea.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what would you like to be added in to the future to improve the current Roleplaying of the game?
    what I would like or at least just think about it it would be:
    1. Companion(something/someone that can follow you around and its not very invasive or at all depending on the companion and does interesting comments depending on the location...actions ur doing and stuff like that...like the augur for example)
    2. interactable beds...seriously...no description needed.
    cant think of more right now...obviously ides are welcome...

5. a roleplay server. i know it's not possible and allt hat and it'd reduce the playerbase yadayada. just saying it would be have been nice. it even could be restricted to one larger zone and i'd enjoy that.

1. Not needed in my view. Other players are your companion.
    2. Yes please, would love a buff if you log out in your bed, beds are pretty pointless at the moment, like most of the furniture/
    3. Wouldn’t be against this. Anything that lets folks get create with their costumes should be welcomed.
    4. I thought we had that on PS4 already. I didn’t know PC didn’t.
    5. No. Not needed.
    6. The guild I’m in on PS4 just held a massive duelling event at the arena near Wayrest, was a raging success and a heap of fun. Good turnout too. I know other guilds do this too. I suggest seeking one out if your after this sort of thing.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An outfit system for mounts, so we can color their saddle, and so forth to match our characters armor scheme. Maybe even change the saddle/armor/saddlebags visuals (there might be some who like one of the old horseys, but not the "backpack" style saddlebags...)
    Also, way more mounts. I really want to see a chariot for my imperial characters...

So very much this! ^

Maybe including bareback as another option here too. I would also throw crowns at a chariot!

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady