The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Merciless resolve is our burst

Lifecode666
Lifecode666
✭✭✭
Please dont ruiin it! Buff it. Thank you
Up the hornz
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure considering how long the proc takes... this is a buff
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

and gives extra mitigation to heavy stamblade, who doesnt need it ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

It’s actually moreso a buff for 7 medium stamblade builds I think. You could try overwhelming people and stay aggressive without having to run away. I never just spam my merciless proc in pvp, I try to hold it for a burst combo.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Well dark cloak was too strong sooooooo
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill needs to be nerfed it hits as hard, if not harder than most ults.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

and misses 90% of the time, what of it?.

I might slot it again for the mitigation, but the bow proc itself has been worthless for a while now. takes too long to proc and rarely ever hits.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 30, 2019 2:52PM
    Invictus
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZERO delayed burst built into the class... explain how you are supposed to kill if you don’t have the bow or a proc set of some sort.

Meanwhile magsorc has 3 delayed bursts... gtfoh
    Edited by Insco851 on April 30, 2019 2:58PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'm quite happy to try this skill out now.

It's not the change I wanted/proposed but nevertheless it's a decent change in the right direction. They didn't want more passive damage in the class but wanted to give more survivability. That coincided with my view of what the class needs most.

I still wish they would untether magblades heals from the "% of damage done" mechanic though :cry:
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZERO delayed burst built into the class... explain how you are supposed to kill if you don’t have the bow or a proc set of some sort.

I've been playing without merciless since i saw the nerfs in the patch notes. people tend to die faster without merciless than with it, which is disheartening in itself but what can you expect from a burst skill that's so obvious, so slow and misses the vast majority of the time?....

Merciless is really just a waste of time in PvP.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 30, 2019 3:07PM
    Invictus
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Maulkin

I generally think that untying healing from offensive power would be a good step.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

I've been playing without merciless since i saw the nerfs in the patch notes. people tend to die faster without merciless than with it, which is disheartening in itself but what can you expect from a burst skill that's so obvious, so slow and misses the vast majority of the time?....

What procs you run tho?
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I might slot it again for the mitigation, but the bow proc itself has been worthless for a while now. takes too long to proc and rarely ever hits.

And now you know how any magicka ranged character feels. Miss miss dodge dodge miss miss. That spectral arrow is just as fast as any magicka projectile.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What procs you run tho?

Zero damage proc sets. only spell strategist. with ele weapon as my spammable. i tend to hit 9K per light attack.
    Anyron wrote: »

And now you know how any magicka ranged character feels. Miss miss dodge dodge miss miss. That spectral arrow is just as fast as any magicka projectile.

No. because other ranged abilities don't have as many tells as Merciless, it misses more than any other ranged attack in the game.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 30, 2019 3:23PM
    Invictus
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What procs you run tho?

Zero damage proc sets. only spell strategist. with ele weapon as my spammable. i tend to hit 9K per light attack.

No. because other ranged abilities don't have as many tells as Merciless, it misses more than any other ranged attack in the game.

Do you ever arm it like a delayed burst skill? I’ve had some ideas for it but didn’t think of dropping Merciless for it.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What procs you run tho?

Do you ever arm it like a delayed burst skill? I’ve had some ideas for it but didn’t think of dropping Merciless for it.

Use Ele weapon as a delayed burst?. sometimes yes, the window is small though, so only early in the day when ping is perfect.
    Invictus
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still the hardest hitting ability in the game and it’s been tested that it hits harder than crystal fragments. Quit crying
    Edited by frostz417 on April 30, 2019 3:52PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Still the hardest hitting ability in the game and it’s been tested that it hits harder than crystal fragments. Quit crying

Yes, yes it is. When they don’t get magical dodge chance during the fear animation.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what i said earlier: "people tend to Die quicker without Merciless than with it" true, it's one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game, but that doesn't really mean much outside of PvE. and the upfront damage is higher on merciless but overall frags are better, land more often, proc more often.
    Invictus
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

what i said earlier: "people tend to Die quicker without Merciless than with it" true, it's one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game, but that doesn't really mean much outside of PvE. and the upfront damage is higher on merciless but overall frags are better, land more often, proc more often.

That's a bit anecdotal though. I, for example have the complete opposite experience. I find it a lot easier to pressure people and close kills with it than without it. It works extremely well with Flame Reach knockback to massively increase the chances of landing the proc. And there's a lot of builds without reflects or dodgerolls that will just eat the procs hoping to out-tank them.

My main gripe with it before this patch was the delay in the skill (which increased the chance of it being dodge) and how often it was reflected. But now the delay is decreased and it's only reflected by shield ult. So I think building without it will result in very inferior builds. Also the heal and damage mitigation can be quite potent for people being in the thick of it (i.e. melee brawlers).

Edited by Maulkin on April 30, 2019 4:49PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

That's a bit anecdotal though. I, for example have the complete opposite experience. I find it a lot easier to pressure people and close kills with it than without it. It works extremely well with Flame Reach knockback to massively increase the chances of landing the proc. And there's a lot of builds without reflects or dodgerolls that will just eat the procs hoping to out-tank them.

My main gripe with it before this patch was the delay in the skill (which increased the chance of it being dodge) and how often it was reflected. But now the delay is decreased and it's only reflected by shield ult. So I think building without it will result in very inferior builds. Also the heal and damage mitigation can be quite potent for people being in the thick of it (i.e. melee brawlers).

I disagree with it being anecdotal. i've tried out pretty much every build i've ran over the course of my NB's existence including flame reach/merciless. the build i'm running right now without merciless, is objectively better. i mean when i have my spammable doing comparable damage to a merciless proc 2 shotting most people. i don't really miss merciless outside of the enjoyable gameplay.

It's mostly just the enjoyment factor.
    Edited by Lucky28 on April 30, 2019 5:02PM
    Invictus
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has to hit that hard for a few reasons. The first being magblade damage outside of the bow is the lowest in the game. The second reason is magblades don't have any source of delayed burst damage to land in 1GCD so essentially the bow has to hit for the same damage as two to three abilities put together.

For instance if you are a sorc you have curse that hits for 6k, frags that hits for 9k, matriarch that hits for 4k, and fury that hits 5k if in execute range. So just the curse, frag, pet will hit you for almost 20k worth of damage without flame clench or a ultimate. The same with warden just bugs into dbos will be around 16k worth of damage in 1GCD that's without bleeds or a spammable. Templars have PotL. So if a magblade is going to be able to compete the spectral bow is going to need to hit for alot more than any other ability because it will be the only damage you are talking in that GCD. My spectral bow only hits on average probably about 12k it will be hitting less hard next patch as well.
    Edited by thankyourat on April 30, 2019 5:27PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Dark Flares beg to differ....until next patch :'(
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

I disagree with it being anecdotal. i've tried out pretty much every build i've ran over the course of my NB's existence including flame reach/merciless. the build i'm running right now without merciless, is objectively better. i mean when i have my spammable doing comparable damage to a merciless proc 2 shotting most people. i don't really miss merciless outside of the enjoyable gameplay.

It's mostly just the enjoyment factor.

Judging based on just your experiences is the definition of anecdotal.

Any build with a spammable doing that much damage would have merciless do more damage.

On the PTS, they lowered the travel time as well, which may make it easier to hit. Any random dodge chances while an enemy is cc'd is a bug, and shouldn't be used to judge the design of a skill.

That said, I think the ability is interesting at least and should be used, but if you are fine without it, that is great. You could benefit from a permanent 15% damage reduction though.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could say the same about frags, difference is one actually takes time to build up and must be timed correctly, easiest ability ingame to avoid..even if you are a potato
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not a DPS skill any more use something else for burst.