The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healing is really high in PvP

Jagdkommando
Jagdkommando
✭✭✭✭
I have 2 friends in game and they are good pvp players. First is magplar and second is warden healing “bot” and i am stamblade with almost 60k dummy dps.

So at first we tested just my pve build aoe attacks on magplar pvp build, i used maelstrom bow hail, caltrops also poison injection and trap. Magplar survived easily. I just didnt try it on warden. I killed him with couple of additional attacks. And now is ridiculous part, my friend warden was pretending a target dummy, not moving, not attacking me, just standing and healing, guys as a pvp player maybe Im not so experienced but believe me in pve im really strong. So doing full rotation with EVERYTHING i couldn't kill him even with not nerfed grim focus. He was just standing as dummy and healing....

I think this is not right guys...
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're trying to kill it using the wrong tools.

Learn, adapt. You won't kill him with a pve rotation, you'll get him with CC's and defile etc.

I hope you didn't use War Machine.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Warden heals are OP. I'm sure he wasn't even using one trick with the Warden that makes it stupidly strong at self healing.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭

Learn, adapt. You won't kill him with a pve rotation, you'll get him with CC's and defile etc.

I know what you mean mate, but the main point is he survived with only healing that raw absurd amount of damage.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. If you approach PvP like you do PvE it will not work out well.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭

I know what you mean mate, but the main point is he survived with only healing that raw absurd amount of damage.

So even incoming pve high damege is weaker than pvp self healing. This is the main point of the test.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So even incoming pve high damege is weaker than pvp self healing. This is the main point of the test.

PvP killing is about “windows” of damage. Not DPS.

MSorc and Mplars are the most difficult classes to kill when their window is closed.

Either of these classes can stay one their defense bar and make it extremely hard to kill.

The difference is when they go offensive. After a MSorc does his defense rotation (put heals if any and shields up) they will normally go offense. With good timing each shield will expire and leave a “window open” after about three seconds.

Same with Mplar. Out of all the ones I’ve almost ever seen I know 1 that puts his heals on his front bar.

This means that when they go to their front bar( attacking) they have very little healing.

You need to get their health to 40-60% then CC and kill. Mplar “windows” change very quick. They go from completely open to completely shut faster than most classes.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If one DPS player could "easily" kill a healer, what would be the point of playing a dedicated healer in PvP?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By PVP, did you mean "in a 1v1 duel?"

As a PVP healer in Cyrodiil, if I'm standing in AOE damage, its usually siege weaponry and oil, players firing from the top of a keep, and NPC guards harassing us from behind.

In an organized group with dedicated healers, healing is very strong in that situation.

In a disorganized group or while zergsurfing in that situation, heals are not that good.

Want proof? Watch what happens when someone puts a ram up on a heavily contested front door.

No, that's not a dueling situation - but most of PVP in ESO isn't 1v1 duels.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

If one DPS player could "easily" kill a healer, what would be the point of playing a dedicated healer in PvP?

Seriously. If one person could kill a healer solo why would someone ever play a healer?

Being able to fend off 1 dps is a pvp healer’s floor. If one dps can kill a healer they need to be more tanky, and that’s against someone who’s proficient in pvp.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 30, 2019 11:51PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with feedback. You'll get told to use defile, yet people complain about it often. It's a topic that you can't really talk about without getting shouted down or getting L2P comments.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/419045/in-defense-of-major-defile-and-befoul/p1
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more complicated than just heals, but pretty much everyone who understands ESO mechanics can make a PVP stalemate build. They are extremely common and more common every day. It's generally referred to as the 'tank meta'.

I think everyone with a first person shooter background can't help but to laugh at ESO players because they take dying and winning so seriously on public servers.
    Edited by zyk on May 1, 2019 1:45AM