The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should CC’s require an individual skill slot

Illuvatarr
Illuvatarr
✭✭✭✭✭
Should all cc, including snares, be separated from damage skills and be their only individual skill slot?

Should CC’s require an individual skill slot 30 votes

Yes
23%
AelorinFearlessOne_2014IlluvatarrStrider__Roshinbardx86PanzanellaBergzorn 7 votes
No
63%
VexariusManwithBeard9DemonDruagaAcadianPaladinVapirkoChilly-McFreezeChickenSuckerArtim_XveloSylraptorMariusghost84_Ahala_JagdkommandoMuSE_nr1ESO_NightingaleccmedaddyVermethyszvavidarkblue5Blinkin8r 19 votes
Maybe
13%
GilvothLordTareqjcm2606frostz417 4 votes
F that I rely on cc, steel tornado, fortified brass and troll king for the win
0%
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This sounds like a PvP concern. As a PvE player, I cannot CC real threats (bosses) so, while I appreciate using CC on trash groups, I surely cannot afford to devote a precious skill slot to something that bosses ignore.

Perhaps if CC worked on players and bosses. Or perhaps if both bosses and players ignored CC. Either choice would bring PvP and PvE more in line I would guess. Currently, we have the worst of both worlds.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on April 27, 2019 6:12PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Should all cc, including snares, be separated from damage skills and be their only individual skill slot?

Right idea, but too extreme. I don't think CC skills should just supply CC, but I do think CC should be the focus of the skill, and not just a secondary effect alongside, say, damage or debuffing.

IMO stuns are in a pretty good spot in this regard, and roots are in an alright spot, it's mainly snares that need to be looked at. There's too many strong snares on skills where the focus isn't snaring, or otherwise where the value of the snare is excessively high for what it actually does (see Caltrops which can be thrown at max range, applies an initial 70% snare for a second or two, then a longer 30% snare once the initial snare has ended, or Frost Blockade which covers a huge area, snares for 60%, applies the Chilled debuff, then further roots via the Chilled debuff).
    This sounds like a PvP concern. As a PvE player, I cannot CC real threats (bosses) so, while I appreciate using CC on trash groups, I surely cannot afford to devote a precious skill slot to something that bosses ignore.

Perhaps if CC worked on players and bosses. Or perhaps if both bosses and players ignored CC. Either choice would bring PvP and PvE more in line I would guess. Currently, we have the worst of both worlds.

Players need to be able to be CC'd, the problem is that CC is way too strong at the moment. They could do something like the effectiveness of snares are halved in PVP via Battle Spirit, but that's still not addressing the root (heh) of the problem, which is that CC is too damn prevalent in the current game.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. CCs are pretty well balanced rn. Bar space is too crowded for most classes as is.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Nope. CCs are pretty well balanced rn. Bar space is too crowded for most classes as is.

Way too much cc in this game. I respectfully disagree.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Vapirko wrote: »

Way too much cc in this game. I respectfully disagree.

In what respect? I’m referring to hard CC only. Some classes have one, some weapons lines have one, some ults have them. They can’t be overlapped. Without CC a lot of builds would be nearly unkillable. I don’t think PvP would work without them. Snares and roots are a different issue.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I didn’t say we needed no cc. I am saying too many spammable abilities have it. I completely agree with you about the need for it. It just should be balanced around having to actually slot an ability that is cc specific. It might help with those unkillable builds as well.

Too many abilities have too many effects in general. Take heroic slash for example. That ability alone makes me want to go sword and board back bar on my sorc. A mage with sword and shield.....my how we capture the essence of the fantasy genre.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I didn’t say we needed no cc. I am saying too many spammable abilities have it. I completely agree with you about the need for it. It just should be balanced around having to actually slot an ability that is cc specific. It might help with those unkillable builds as well.

Too many abilities have too many effects in general. Take heroic slash for example. That ability alone makes me want to go sword and board back bar on my sorc. A mage with sword and shield.....my how we capture the essence of the fantasy genre.

Isn’t backbar SB on mag sorc BiS lol? Finding the bar space for it would be hard though.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It is. And it’s pretty lame:)
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The many of the skills where hard CCs were combined with high damage have been nerfed already. A fair number of the remaining are being nerfed this PTS cycle. After that I'll bet it'll be DBoS, DK Leap, and Perma getting nerfed.

Almost thought this post was necro-ed from 2017 just for Elsewyer lol.