Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

depths of malator is an awful experience

kratier
kratier
✭✭✭✭
this is the wrathstone dlc and supposed to be some superior dungeon? its an abysmal experience , not well designed fights , too many gimmicks and one shots
i dont come to eso for themepark, and know the themepark is bad in this game, but im forced to sit here wait an hour for a queue, to get into a dungeon that healers / tanks immediately quit from, and what then? sit there wait another hour or force myself to play an awful dungeon?

i will quote the tank who was 600 cp in this normal mode dungeon : " I see this come up again I'm out ;p "
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allllll aboard the nerf train! Allllllll aboard.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vDoM is easy. vFrostvault on the otherhand...heh...heh :/
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a DLC Dungeon even on normal these are a pain
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk what to tell ya. Do normal a few times. Like all ESO stuff. Vet is something else. If I was the tank que ing random, and this popped up. I’d probably leave too.

Don’t get upset. He’s doing you a favor. Your probably not gonna beat it, and spending an hour working on it to maybe get to the King Narilmor Boss and then the group will get stuck and start to fall apart. Because that is what is gonna happen.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any questions about the dungeon mechanics that you might have for some more experienced members of the community that might help you complete the dungeon? No? Just the tantrum? Ok, then.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    this is the wrathstone dlc and supposed to be some superior dungeon? its an abysmal experience , not well designed fights , too many gimmicks and one shots
    i dont come to eso for themepark, and know the themepark is bad in this game, but im forced to sit here wait an hour for a queue, to get into a dungeon that healers / tanks immediately quit from, and what then? sit there wait another hour or force myself to play an awful dungeon?

i will quote the tank who was 600 cp in this normal mode dungeon : " I see this come up again I'm out ;p "

6573223178c212641a328f2905eb2fc8.jpg
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did both on vet within the first week, the only problem we found was the fire in Frostvault was de-synced so you could literally get one shot by not standing in red :| . I rarely PvE, I did them both in sub optimal gear. Malatar wasn't even hard we did it easily after figuring out last boss mechanics, wiped 3 times on him.
    PC EU
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    depths of malator is good, as a healer its a nice learning challenge, dungeons are great you whinners should go do delves, leave the fun to the big boy
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I like DoM, I agree that it has a number of poor features.

The one-shot Aurorans are there to challenge the tank, they have to be controlled. If they aren’t you will be in for a wipe fest.

The new planar inhibitor doesn’t make sense. Aside from simply DPSing it down, there seem to be no clearly understandable mechanics. Being killed repeatedly in this room is not a great learning experience.

Similarly with the king. The only successful strategies have revolved around eliminating the mechanics by superior DPS. It is totally unclear wtf is actually supposed to be going on. It feels like a blatant port from the boss in HRC that has been badly implemented with no useful cues for players.

Love the final boss. Complex, clearly understandable mechanics, where the challenge is to beat them not simply burn the boss as fast as possible.

Like all DLC dungeons, a large number of players will simply leave if they have been put there for their random dungeon. CP level and ESO+ sub aren’t a good way to judge whether a player has any experience of a specific DLC dungeon.
  • Silverhand2156
    Silverhand2156
    ✭✭✭
    It's honestly one of my favourite dungeons as a tank.I know most players hate having dungeons that actually require effort to complete,but I don't get why this one is getting so much hate,it's really not that hard,and it has a lot of mechanics to it,which is a much better thing than dungeons where you tank&spank to victory
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    i tank in ffxiv, dont try to pretend the dungeon is well designed, its not. expecting normal players to deal with no telegraph and no introduction to mechanics is why nobody plays the dlc dungeons
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i tank in ffxiv, dont try to pretend the dungeon is well designed, its not. expecting normal players to deal with no telegraph and no introduction to mechanics is why nobody plays the dlc dungeons

Which mechanics in Malatar don't have any telegraph? I did savage raids and extreme trials in FFXIV and I know ESO design isnt very good in comparison but it's not THAT bad. most things do have some way to know theyre coming.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like any of the new DLC dungeons. All they did was make them more and more ridiculous until even normal mode became like a mini raid. Even with a good group in normal mode that knows mechanics some of the dungeons can take 45 minutes plus.

I remember the first time i ran scalecaller and all the random environmental damage for absolutely no reason but to be annoying and make it a pain to heal. They have gotten completely ridiculous with the crap they put in dungeons now.

I use to be an avid dungeon runner in any game like this and was one here until the last year or so. Now i find myself doing other activities a lot more because the worse the dungeons get the more grindy they feel and the more toxic the players get because they are frustrated about running a normal dungeon that is currently as long as and as hard as a older trial.

Edited by Anotherone773 on April 26, 2019 12:07PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scalecaller would really be ok if not for the way overdone environmental damage going out in between bosses. Also the first boss is kind of a pain and punishes melee WAY WAY too much.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran normal depths blind and in a pug (it was my random) really most mechanics were easy to understand, only one I had to ask any questions about was the orb boss. I said I had never ran it the people were cool about it and explained orb boss once finished after I asked, it was a good experience and probably about a 20 min run. I can't wait to go in there on vet with some friends. I personally really like the dlc dungeons and most of the people I play with do as well.
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    then you got carried
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then you got carried

I doubt it, it was just normal and mechs were obvious. Just because someone has a different experience then you doesn't mean they got carried. I do decent dps and can follow mechanics that are apparent. Bash kill avoid red avoid wall not to hard
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides I have a good deal of achievements on my tank and magblade for dlc vet dungeons I am not new to them. This will also be the last I respond to someone like you
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally like the dungeon and walk in the park compared to Frostvault.

For me the only issue is the mechanics feel more aimed to make fights last longer by interrupting/stopping damaging the boss. I love the last boss though, really unique mechanics and love the 2 phases.

The issue for all roles in these is communication is really needed when people aren’t all aware what’s going on so doesn’t surprise me people leave when it’s a random.
  • kratier
    kratier
    ✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    then you got carried

I doubt it, it was just normal and mechs were obvious. Just because someone has a different experience then you doesn't mean they got carried. I do decent dps and can follow mechanics that are apparent. Bash kill avoid red avoid wall not to hard

a group that sat there explaining to him the mechanics and not rushing, his first ever time and done in under 20 minutes? yeah, he got carried hard
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both on normal are cake. We did frost fault with no tank.. well i slotted an ice staff and taunted.

On vet they are lot harder tho. You need a balanced team.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoM and Frostvault are both quite accessible in vet but it all depends on your group, really.
    Generally PUGs are bad and risky, too many players rage quit because they aren't good enough/others aren't good enough to make vet content feel easy to run while others just seem to be totally unaware of the mechs involved.
    My best and most successful runs were always with my friends n guild members, people who are patient and people who know mechs and have a good dps dealt.
    Sometimes I find a good/great PUG.
    Edited by redlink1979 on April 30, 2019 10:14AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sounds like player issue to me to be honest. The only Bad mechanic is decripify imo and I highly doubt that's what your talking about.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm...my first time in Malatar and Frostvault was in Vet. I didn't think it was that difficult. Guess I need to do them in Normal now.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I walked in there blind on vet with friends on the first day, and we did just fine. It wasn't easy by any means, but we were able to figure out the mechanics pretty quickly, and I'm on Xbox, so I don't have all of the raid notifier crutches PC has. It was a pretty cool and challenging dungeon with some creative mechanics. Then again, I like a challenge and don't want to be handed an easy victory.

Frostvault though...I've farmed vet numerous times now and it doesn't get any easier.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh nevermind
    Edited by IzzyStardust on April 30, 2019 7:29PM
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these new dungeons more difficult than Dragon Bones ones on normal mode?
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    All the endgame bosses are like that, just use the assault line ultimate
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally completed this dungeon on Vet, got all the helms I wanted...

then I find out Symphony of Blades only works on allies, not yourself. FML!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
This discussion has been closed.