The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No download link for the client

Malem_Benign
Malem_Benign
✭✭✭
Hi,

Bought Standard Edition in addition to my Steam account to install and use it without Steam. But there is no download link in the account section. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 31, 2023 3:04PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Malem_Benign

On the right side of your account page there should be an option "Download Game." You can click this link to download the ESO Launcher. If that option is missing and you've bought the non-Steam version, try reloading the account page in a different browser. You can open a ticket with customer support if the link remains missing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same question and got the same answer and yet that link doesnt appear on my account (at least my nonSteam Summerset Edition), even with different browsers.

If you insist they will send an email with direct download link.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    You can find a link to the ESO Launcher install by going here as well.
    Staff Post
  • Miles_of_Azeroth
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    You can find a link to the ESO Launcher install by going here as well.

Thanks for that link. The normal download link is no longer shown on my account page.

I've ordered a pc for gaming after seeing that Mac computers may have a limited life for use on ESO. I also anticipate that ESO 6 won't be supported on Mac. In preparation for the pc I checked on my download link and noticed it had disappeared. The link you referenced will be useful until the issue with my account page is resolved.

It would be much better for users if the download bits were easily available, as this model is used by other game publishers. ESO software use should be suitably protected by password and could be further protected by adding a secondary authentication method.

As an alternative I've thought that the exe installer from another Windows user could be used.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now over four years old, we have decided to close the discussion. If you still need assistance, please start a new thread in General Help.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.