Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The mystic GM

Jadeviper1974
Jadeviper1974
✭✭✭
I was just wondering if anyone has actually seen an in game GM? For that matter does this game even have in game GM's?

If not then I really thing having in game GM support could help Zeni solve a lot of their problems.
What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen people tagged as volunteers, but I've not seen anyone tagged as a GM.

I do see people with yellow or blue diamond icons under their names? Is that it?
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Volunteer title refers to PvP, not Volunteer GMs.
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I never really saw the point of having the GMs have a character in the world that can be visible to players. Whatever mystical game-changing mojo the employees are able to work from their end, I'm sure they can do it from their own private plane of Oblivion without ever making an appearance beyond responding to the ticket.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    Why pay someone to be in game when you can pay someone 1/4 that amount to answer e-mails?
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    lupusrex wrote: »
    Honestly, I never really saw the point of having the GMs have a character in the world that can be visible to players. Whatever mystical game-changing mojo the employees are able to work from their end, I'm sure they can do it from their own private plane of Oblivion without ever making an appearance beyond responding to the ticket.

I have never seen an actual GM character, well ever in the past 10 years playing MMO's. That is also not what I was talking about. I meant have people actually monitoring the game.

Frankly, I would see it as....well frankly stupid for the company not to have a presence in game.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What problems exactly do you think that an in-game GM could fix that their other support staff could not?
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    What problems exactly do you think that an in-game GM could fix that their other support staff could not?

why do they have to fix things? some games I have played GM have been in there to be part of the community, just hang around, answer peoples questions, give away things, create some fun and community, and just to be seen. being like an (old fashioned) friend policeman on the street.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why do they have to fix things? some games I have played GM have been in there to be part of the community, just hang around, answer peoples questions, give away things, create some fun and community, and just to be seen. being like an (old fashioned) friend policeman on the street.

I was responding to someone who specifically referred to the GMs as being able to fix things better.

Edit: I apparently failed to quote in my first comment. >.>
    Edited by Vikova on April 10, 2014 4:19AM
  • hilelorangutan
    Not sure what they can do better but if they can make 4x as much money hanging out in the game all day then sign me up. :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mistake lack of visibility for lack of presence, or lack of action.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Phoebvs
    Phoebvs
    ninja GMs observe the Nir from within the shadows...
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Don't mistake lack of visibility for lack of presence, or lack of action.

that is true... but having the quest that unlock the ability to go into veteran zones bugged for at least 4 days (that is the time my first guild mate got there... I did it yesterday and it was still bugged...) and people having to resort to workaround (that require collaboration of all the other players in the area -_-' ) to progress... is a clear show of lacking of presence/action too... I'm not talking about some random quest that you can wait to be fixed in a regular patch... but something that if you don't complete you can't enter the first veteran zone and are completely locked out of character progression...

I've personaly seen around one hundred player locked in front of that quest, all reporting the bug... all opening tiket.. and all waiting for at least an hour (I got lucky... someone was there for more than 3 hours already when I got there...) in order to use the work around that some random player have found (not even a workaround suggested by the custom service but found out by other players -_-' )... and no response, no in game gm... no action at all...
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and no response, no in game gm... no action at all...

While the bug is crappy, I still don't understand what you would expect a GM to do in that situation. They can't walk up to the NPC and "fix" the bug in-game.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    GMs exist in Tamriel :) Here is GM Zeall with us at end of beta event 3 Was great party by the way. So be careful they can be around ;p

169nvhh.jpg

• Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭

I was responding to someone who specifically referred to the GMs as being able to fix things better.

Edit: I apparently failed to quote in my first comment. >.>

Well take for instance the vamp campers who are trying to extort folks for bites, It would be easier for a GM to walk up and ask them to leave first before more drastic action would be taken such as banning and suspensions. Frankly I like WoW's in game GM's thought they were great. They helped when they could resolved conflicts and if not move your complaint/problem to the next level. With Zeni's system responses take days and fixes are few and far between.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Mortuum wrote: »
    GMs exist in Tamriel :) Here is GM Zeall with us at end of beta event 3 Was great party by the way. So be careful they can be around ;p

169nvhh.jpg

Awesome! Good to know.
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    I saw 3 GM's at the last beta party, Raven, Boldin and Amaryllis.