The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Templar - SnB/Bow (Non-CP) Build Help Needed

admiralautumn
admiralautumn
Soul Shriven
Hey guys, as the title suggests, I'm in need of the communities assistance in figuring out what options I have to both sets and skill choices for my Stamplar. I understand that SnB + Bow isn't the most optimal setup, but its the play style that I enjoy, so please bear with me.

Below I will post my setup:
Stamina Templar
Non-CP
64 Stamina - Medium Armor
Main Bar: Ransack | Silver Leash | Shielded Assault | Defensive Stance | Lightweight Beast Trap || Empowering Sweep
Back Bar: Poison Injection | Power of the Light | Resolving Vigor | Extended Ritual | Restoring Focus || Ballista
Sets: Alessian Order, Senche's Bite, Slimecraws
Magicka: ~7,000 | Health: ~19,000 | Stamina: ~25,000

So I got my build from Kristofer's YT channel https://youtu.be/1gRHs4rtFAk Its his "themed" build based of Link from Legend of Zelda. I decided to give it a try because its a different take on the usual Stamplar. I personally enjoy the playstyle very much! Its more control oriented and works as a great off-dps in smaller gang Cyrodiil PvP. My issues are that I play majority Non-CP PvP, whereas in the video, Kristofer is playing CP campaigns with CP810. Because of my lack of CP (Only 360 atm) I have been struggling to figure out a way to make this build work for Non-CP.

I have tried other sets to help bolster the damage such as:

Eternal Hunt
Hide of Morihaus
Knight's Errant

And plan to do so with more. But so far, they all don't feel like they add enough damage to the build. I feel that I'm struggling on the dPS side and with survivability at times versus certain builds in Cyrodiil, such as StamDK and StamWardens. What are your thoughts and opinions on what sets I should use? Any other tips and recommendations are welcome. Thank you.
Edited by admiralautumn on April 16, 2019 5:19PM
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    I got excited when I saw your post. I run this kind of build in non vet pvp (Kyne). But was hoping someone with more theorycrafting knowledge would pipe up to give some further advice.
    Love the playstyle.
  • Janoy
    Janoy
    ✭✭
    It’s a fun concept, but stamplar desperately needs the burst heal that comes with Rally, especially in no-cp. Plus your only means of obtaining major brutality is through potions which can get expensive and takes up a slot for a utility pot such as immovable/detect.

Edit: you could use the dreugh king slayer set, but that’s not advisable.
    Edited by Janoy on April 23, 2019 7:44PM
  • Sungod
    Sungod
    ✭✭✭
    Janoy wrote: »
    It’s a fun concept, but stamplar desperately needs the burst heal that comes with Rally, especially in no-cp. Plus your only means of obtaining major brutality is through potions which can get expensive and takes up a slot for a utility pot such as immovable/detect.

Edit: you could use the dreugh king slayer set, but that’s not advisable.

I find that a common theme amongst stamina builds. I wish we weren't reliant on rally.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Few things I noticed. I would run jabs, no reason not to. Put reverb on your bar and take defensive stance & trap off.

With snb you want to beat your opponents into submission with jabs, debuffs and one of the best ccs in the game.

Ravager on your jewelry and snb would probably be best. Throw in a sustain set and a monster set you’re comfortable with. Bloodspawn and troll king is ideal, maybe troll king since you don’t have rally.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're gonna struggle with a similar build. I would struggle to kill good players with such a build

I wouldn't even dream taking that to no CP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The burst heal and major brutality being tied to the 2H is making stamina so boring rn. I want to run DW and SB on my stamplar real badly, but I just don’t like getting brutality from pots in PvP and the lack of the burst heal is a no go.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I'm interested why senche's is so overlooked set. If we speak about guaranteed WD on demand there is no other set comparable. And it can be used on one bar. Only problem is that it's only 5 seconds duration, not 6 seconds. So minus 1 second in dodge and you have only 4 seconds of buff.