The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changing Pointer

Bazeric
Bazeric
✭✭✭✭
How do I get my ESO to go back to my "live" file and not "ESO_BUILD_BRANCH"
Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Bazeric

Could you provide us with further information regarding your issue?

What is the current install path for ESO on your PC?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I recent tried a suggestion to improve some things that seem to pop up now and again,
    Vapirko wrote: »
    A few things you could try before that.

1) do a game repair (assuming you haven’t already)

2) delete the shader file and the user.ini they will be rebuilt when you next launch the game. It will take slightly longer than normal and you’ll have to re apply some settings for graphics and such.

3) on windows open your command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns this won’t cause any harm to anything and may improve your overall performance.

If that doesn’t help anything you could try a reinstall.

So I tried these, but some how my path switched from my "live" folder to a "ESO_BUILD_BRANCH"

So my folder currently has there 3 options at this level (C:etc/etc/etc):
    ESO_BUILD_BRANCH
    live
    pts

I noticed when all my addons went away. I found that they are installed under the live path. So it seems like I just changed the pointer somewhere and I can't find out how to direct it back to my live path.
    Edited by Bazeric on April 23, 2019 5:10PM
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
  • Grakdrogru
    Grakdrogru
    ✭✭
    you can delete ESO_BUILD_BRANCH safely, or move it to the desktop first if its alright then you can delete it.
    Edited by Grakdrogru on April 23, 2019 8:08PM
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    ENER-23 wrote: »
    you can delete ESO_BUILD_BRANCH safely, or move it to the desktop first if its alright then you can delete it.

Thanks. I did this but it just made a new ESO_BRANCH_BUILD. Deleted that one, then ran "repair" now I am back to my live build.

So needed to run repair as well.