The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

*** THANK YOU FOR FACTION LOCK ***

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    The only people faction lock benefits are people who only use or pvp with one character.

Not true; see my signature.

Same here. I have 7 DC and 1 low level EP I use as a bank overflow. Not going to use one of my precious covenant troops as a pack mule.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Don't forget former DC too when EP had a tyrannical and cruel Emperor running things. Never forget. I understand if you forget those days being a night capper and all.

Your night is my day you silly boo. But then after all the silly things you have said this past week I can't say I'm surprised I have to point that out.
    And again, if ep was running things, guess who wasn't there with them?... sigh, i feel like a broken record
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, now I can't play with certain friends, how fun...
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm a DC player for 2 years now,was EP for a year and before this AD,all this time i never-ever thought change alliance because we were loosing or time zones or night capping etc
    imagine my frustration when i see certain ppl and whole groups,hopping alliances,zerging for 20-30 min and leave (i heard a rumor that these groups are getting paid to do so but i cant confirm )
    or players who do nothing but spy and text to other enemy groups where we headed or what keep to siege
    you can identify them easily.they stand aside doing nothing-some tbag their own allies when their friends take the keep-outpost

very good decision from ZOS and i hope it extends to all campaigns
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao I heard they’re getting paid, bahahahaha
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has played since launch I have been asking for the return of faction lock since One Tamriel.
    I realize the boosters, cheaters, exploiters and super casual PvPers may not like it, but they can play in the other campaigns.. having one meaningful campaign is enough.

To me it's the difference between playing football in the yard with your friends VS a state championship high school football game.
    I would have preferred permanent faction locks per account like it used to be, but for now
    this is great, really hope it inspires some of the intense competition we used to have before I had to deal with the guy I just killed trolling in my zone chat and everyone hopping to whatever side is winning.

GREAT JOB ZOS

https://youtu.be/51iohb6sOS8
    I concur.
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have 14 toons... all AD .

I faction locked myself years ago. :D

There can be only one ! We are the princes of the Universe. B)
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Don't forget former DC too when EP had a tyrannical and cruel Emperor running things. Never forget. I understand if you forget those days being a night capper and all.

Ooooh you're starting to get a bit antagonistic Ahtu. The mask is dropping. Remember it's prime time for someone when you sleep.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only people faction lock benefits are people who only use or pvp with one character.

My 16 AD characters say hi.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

What part of “Some campaigns will be locked, and some won’t” do you not understand? You and all your cross-faction friends can just go to whichever campaign ZOS leaves unlocked.
    Edited by Marcus684 on April 22, 2019 4:36PM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

What part of “Some campaigns will be locked, and some won’t” do you not understand? You and all your cross-faction friends can just go to whichever campaign ZOS leaves unlocked.

Where did I say I didn't understand it ?

I play no cp and there is only one no cp campaign.

Edited by Crixus8000 on April 22, 2019 5:06PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did I say I didn't understand it ?

I play no cp and there is only one no cp campaign.

Then play the unlocked CP campaign with your friends. In my experience, the difference between CP and non-CP campaigns is not that big. Or you and all your friends can just decide to play the same alliance on a locked campaign. It's really not that hard.
    Edited by Marcus684 on April 22, 2019 5:13PM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then play the unlocked CP campaign with your friends. In my experience, the difference between CP and non-CP campaigns is not that big. Or you and all your friends can just decide to play the same alliance on a locked campaign. It's really not that hard.

Then you must not have much experience in pvp if you think cp and no cp isn't much difference. But not sure why you are pushing this so much, the point is now it's harder to play with friends and in my opinion that should never be the case.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you must not have much experience in pvp if you think cp and no cp isn't much difference. But not sure why you are pushing this so much, the point is now it's harder to play with friends and in my opinion that should never be the case.

I've played both CP and no-CP extensively over the years, so my opinion isn't pulled out of thin air. I'm "pushing this so much" because a substantial percentage of vet PvPers have been asking for faction locks for years to combat the trolling and faction-hopping, and when ZOS says OK, someone like you whines about it because "I can't play with friends", when clearly you can, with minimal effort.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    completely pointless in a game 5 years old. people hated it on release and they took it out. this alliance lock isn't going to stop spies or whatever you think is out to get you. People want to play with their friends, doesn't change the campaign.

What does change the campaign (if you care about scoring) is the massive zergs of people just running to the next 6k o tic without defending anything and just leeching easy ap.

if they are going to introduce alliance lock again then they should revert the ap to 25ap per resource, 100ap per keep and x amount per kill.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uhhh there's a campaign that isn't faction locked?

Seriously, people should stop assuming that other campaigns are dead on arrival. If the *** ton of people complaining in the forums about faction lock all go to the unlock campaign, i'm pretty sure it wont be dead.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ONLY issue is if you want to play an unlocked 30 campaign, anyone crying about snything else hasnt bothered to read the notes on campaign changes.

If you dont care about the campaign score why worry about the length of the campaign?

As an aside I was not impressed by the way AD (PC NA Vivec) got a scroll back 2-3 days ago, some in zone chat seemed to know people had swapped to DC to intercept the scroll and run it back to AD, they dumped it outside Faregyl. As someone with 15 AD characters all lv50 I would rather DC kept the scroll than this garbage.

The locked campaign cannot come fast enough for me.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »

if they are going to introduce alliance lock again then they should revert the ap to 25ap per resource, 100ap per keep and x amount per kill.

Can you elaborate on how this worked? Was it a flat 25ap and 100ap no matter what, or did it escalate from there depending on how many people were fighting at one of those areas? I think it is the next logical step, or something like it, in validating Cyrodiil as a competitive AvAvA game mode. PvDooring can not be the fastest way to gain AP.

I'd advocate for a system that has base amounts like you are saying and then escalates from there depending on how many people are on the defenders combat list. Say you want 40 defenders to equate to an 8k tick. By adding 200 ap per defender at a keep/hold/rss if 40 people were defending and on that list the tick would be worth 8100 ap for a keep. If there were 20 defenders it would be worth 4100, 10 defenders 2100, 0 defenders 100. I think doing something like this would encourage people during low pop hours to split up among the factions rather than all get together and roll the map. At least from the perspective that the main reason people do this is to gain AP as fast as possible. This way people have to fight each other to gain AP at a relatively good pace.

• Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

Uhhh there's a campaign that isn't faction locked?

Seriously, people should stop assuming that other campaigns are dead on arrival. If the *** ton of people complaining in the forums about faction lock all go to the unlock campaign, i'm pretty sure it wont be dead.

That is the real problem, regardless of what the faction hoppers say- its all lies and they know it. Even they don't want to play with the cheats, exploiters and 'just looking for good fights' crowd....no matter how much the complain in forums they DO NOT want to have a server with nothing but those toxic players there and you hit the nail on the head, the excuses they give for it are see through and always have been.
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I welcome the change.

Great move ZOS.

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 27, 2019 7:10PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop trying to use reason with these whiny little faction hoppers, time and time again every argument of theirs has been disproved.
    It seems they genuinely have no valid arguments and are just disgruntled that they can't hop around and grief people with their 'looking for good fights' nonsense.
    There are literally zero obstacles stopping them from getting good fights at any time of the day, they are just lazy, pessimistic cry babies who aren't prepared to change.
    What they do enjoy is to find the the largest number of PVP newbs and then hop to an opposite faction to mow them down like a pro - that or join the mass zerg where I'm sure there are plenty of 'good fights'.
    Cyrodiil doesn't need a cuckload of white nights evening the odds. Pick a side and stick to it like every other game.
    The lock can't come fast enough. Suck it up and adapt - #Make Cyrodiil great again <3
    Edited by dtsharples on April 27, 2019 9:52AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only people faction lock benefits are people who only use or pvp with one character. people who have several characters- FAR more people than some seem to believe- get completely screwed by the change. no longer will they be able to pvp when thye feel like it, which for casual pvpers aka most of cyrodils population, is a complete deal breaker. ZOS will come to understand this in time and when they do we'll see these changes reverted to the kicking and screaming of the hardcore few.

Where do you get your numbers from ! I see the same faces over and over so most of the population cant be just causal pvpers , so come back with proof of this and I might side with your point of view

The same place as faction-lock champions get theirs when they claim that the vast majority of "alliance hoppers" do so for trolly reasons.

The problem actually is that its not about the 'vast majority' its about the impact the ones that do do it for trolly reasons have.

I care not if Vivec remains locked or not. But i do care that there is choice, and i will go where the lock is. It's a shame those anti lock feel obliged to remain in 'Vivec' despite it not being the best thing for how they want to play, that stubbornness in the debate / threads its the odd part.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    The only people faction lock benefits are people who only use or pvp with one character. people who have several characters- FAR more people than some seem to believe- get completely screwed by the change. no longer will they be able to pvp when thye feel like it, which for casual pvpers aka most of cyrodils population, is a complete deal breaker. ZOS will come to understand this in time and when they do we'll see these changes reverted to the kicking and screaming of the hardcore few.

Where do you get your numbers from ! I see the same faces over and over so most of the population cant be just causal pvpers , so come back with proof of this and I might side with your point of view

The same place as faction-lock champions get theirs when they claim that the vast majority of "alliance hoppers" do so for trolly reasons.

The problem actually is that its not about the 'vast majority' its about the impact the ones that do do it for trolly reasons have.

I care not if Vivec remains locked or not. But i do care that there is choice, and i will go where the lock is. It's a shame those anti lock feel obliged to remain in 'Vivec' despite it not being the best thing for how they want to play, that stubbornness in the debate / threads its the odd part.

So again, the issue isn't whether or not to have faction locked options but how they are being implemented. 30 day campaigns are by far the most popular choice and have the highest consistent populations and really 30 day CP is the only choice on PC NA for Oceanic that aren't into pvdoor, which even that campaign doesn't have the consistent populations to ensure that your primary faction isn't the one dominating the map. If you prefer non CP then you are just screwed. There were better options for implementing changes to address concerns raised such as removing AP leaderboard placement and end of campaign rewards when pvping outside of your declared faction, or restricting the 7 day campaign to lock and leaving the 30 day alone giving pro locked players the option without imposing restrictive measures on everyone else. Or, and I know I'm coming off absurd here, demand that ZoS invest in pvp by creating rewards and incentives for faction loyalty....crazy I know right.

The current "fix" is lazy, unimaginative and divisive. Had faction locks never been a thing and we were trying something new here I might be a little more inclined to support it however, this isn't the case. Whether you want to call the previous lock "soft" or "hard" isn't really the worth the time to argue. What is clear, is that locked factions resulted in dead servers for reasons that I'm not going to bother posting yet again. I don't see how trying the same thing with even lower populations will yield different results. We simply don't have the population to support this. I don't fault pro lock people for wanting ZoS to address abuse of the system but would prefer that we ask for better solutions that require them to actually put in some effort. Can we all at least agree on who is ultimately responsible for the pathetic RVRVR experience we find ourselves in?

Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since OP has played since launch they would know full well cross faction help was a big thing back when we had faction locks.

They would know that the first this game was live that a character from one faction helped a character from another faction steal their scroll.

They would be aware of guilds would have alliances with other factions to help get keeps faster for crowing an emperor faster.

They would also know the faction locks being implemented is exactly how it was at live except for the campaign not getting faction lock so now sure what they mean by would have preferred permanent faction locks per account like it used to be. We used to be able to swap factions at the end of a campaign, actually even in the middle of a campaign, but would lose all benefits in that campaign for the character that is moved out. I question how well OP remembers how things were 5 years ago.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well now I cant fight with my buddies on other factions when one side rolls the map. There was a reason why faction lock was removed in the first place and now nothings been done to try and fix any of the problems regarding PvP. Just like how it happened last time, one faction will start stream rolling the map daily, a large portion of the other two factions will roll the winning faction causing even more of an issue, and PvP will suffer just like how it use to. I know people are going to tell me to move to the 7 day campaign for cross faction PvP but the guilds I fight with and love hanging out with are all staying in the Non-CP 30 day campaign. Muti-faction players are getting pretty screwed on this deal :(
    Edited by imredneckson on April 27, 2019 5:19PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played both CP and no-CP extensively over the years, so my opinion isn't pulled out of thin air. I'm "pushing this so much" because a substantial percentage of vet PvPers have been asking for faction locks for years to combat the trolling and faction-hopping, and when ZOS says OK, someone like you whines about it because "I can't play with friends", when clearly you can, with minimal effort.

Have they really though? Or is it merely a small, but very vocal percentage? After all, people who are OK with the current system aren't going to be whining, are they? You don't angrily ring your utility company and complain about your stable electricity service, do you?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can someone help me understand this argument of not being able to play with friends?
    wouldnt a more accurate argument be "we cant flip things then swap toons and flip some more" ? faction lock just means if you switch toon/faction you will penalised for your disloyalty and loose all you AP and rewards, but if you main goal is to "play" with your "friends" that wont mater will it?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see how faction lock will resolve the issue of morning/night capping which is the main thing deciding about final score of the alliance war at the end of campaign. If anything it'll just make it worse.

People claim that faction lock will help those true , brave and loyal PvPers win campaign but seriously how ? If 1 alliance zerg is logging at 5 am to paint whole map in 1 color and then until 2-3 pm not much will change resulting with that alliance having total control over the map 1/3 of a day how faction lock will change that ? For the record most of the people that participate in those morning/night caps are loyal to 1 alliance so faction lock is not affecting them at all.
    Edited by Juhasow on April 29, 2019 8:23AM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've had to remove several comments that were baiting in nature and contained personal insults. This is a friendly reminder that comments should remain civil. While it is expected that community members will disagree at times, your argument should not require personal insults. We thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    NA PC DC - At the very least this will cut down on cross faction trolls hopping onto zone chat and creating a toxic environment during prime time because they DGAF.

However, I also think this won't last because of streamers who, of course, are very visible and vocal. They tend to hop on whatever faction or alliances provides the most action. If they start whining this could be short lived.
This discussion has been closed.