The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

*** THANK YOU FOR FACTION LOCK ***

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
As someone who has played since launch I have been asking for the return of faction lock since One Tamriel.
I realize the boosters, cheaters, exploiters and super casual PvPers may not like it, but they can play in the other campaigns.. having one meaningful campaign is enough.

To me it's the difference between playing football in the yard with your friends VS a state championship high school football game.
I would have preferred permanent faction locks per account like it used to be, but for now
this is great, really hope it inspires some of the intense competition we used to have before I had to deal with the guy I just killed trolling in my zone chat and everyone hopping to whatever side is winning.

GREAT JOB ZOS
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they've handled it rather well. A full account lock is bound to make a lot of people upset, so allowing it on the 7 day campaign was a really good compromise.
    I'm sure we'll hear many complaints about it, but ZOS will just have to ride the storm for a while until it cools down.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    its not going to last long
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »

I'm guessing that's your hope
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im with you on this one

Hope it helps make PVP a better experience
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes thank you for removing most of my motivation to pvp in cyrodil. I will have more time to do other things!

For the information of those who lack any information, casual pvpers who are hurt by faction lock are about 75-80% of cyrodils population.
    Edited by dazee on April 15, 2019 10:15AM
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    For the information of those who lack any information, casual pvpers who are hurt by faction lock are about 75-80% of cyrodils population.
    It's quite amazing that every single casual player gets together and goes over statistics together. I can't imagine how else you would come up with those percentages

• Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for yet another thread on the topic.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes thank you for removing most of my motivation to pvp in cyrodil. I will have more time to do other things!

Dont think it will have any where near the impact some think
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only people faction lock benefits are people who only use or pvp with one character. people who have several characters- FAR more people than some seem to believe- get completely screwed by the change. no longer will they be able to pvp when thye feel like it, which for casual pvpers aka most of cyrodils population, is a complete deal breaker. ZOS will come to understand this in time and when they do we'll see these changes reverted to the kicking and screaming of the hardcore few.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only people faction lock benefits are people who only use or pvp with one character. people who have several characters- FAR more people than some seem to believe- get completely screwed by the change. no longer will they be able to pvp when thye feel like it, which for casual pvpers aka most of cyrodils population, is a complete deal breaker. ZOS will come to understand this in time and when they do we'll see these changes reverted to the kicking and screaming of the hardcore few.

Where do you get your numbers from ! I see the same faces over and over so most of the population cant be just causal pvpers , so come back with proof of this and I might side with your point of view
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where do you get your numbers from ! I see the same faces over and over so most of the population cant be just causal pvpers , so come back with proof of this and I might side with your point of view

The same place as faction-lock champions get theirs when they claim that the vast majority of "alliance hoppers" do so for trolly reasons.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The same place as faction-lock champions get theirs when they claim that the vast majority of "alliance hoppers" do so for trolly reasons.

Lol if that's what you think I just hate when people imply something that they cant back
  • Chiefwilliams
    Chiefwilliams
    ✭✭✭
    Patch notes? I don’t see dev posts about it.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has played since launch I have been asking for the return of faction lock since One Tamriel.
    I realize the boosters, cheaters, exploiters and super casual PvPers may not like it, but they can play in the other campaigns.. having one meaningful campaign is enough.

To me it's the difference between playing football in the yard with your friends VS a state championship high school football game.
    I would have preferred permanent faction locks per account like it used to be, but for now
    this is great, really hope it inspires some of the intense competition we used to have before I had to deal with the guy I just killed trolling in my zone chat and everyone hopping to whatever side is winning.

GREAT JOB ZOS

my thoughts exactly.
    well said.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    chris211 wrote: »

I also hope it's not going to last, and don't think it will - it's such a bad idea in so many ways. It's not at all what ESO is about. One of ESO's greatest strength is it's versatility - for example the way it is now in PvP with regard to faction: people who enjoy playing for a faction can do so, while people who care about other aspects of the game are not locked into a faction.

If faction loyalists somehow cannot tolerate that there are also people playing for other objectives in the same campaign they should get their own new campaign, not the two existing main (populated, popular) campaigns.
    Edited by MipMip on April 15, 2019 4:42PM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GREAT JOB ZOS

Amen brother. Rvr used to mean something, not our fault ZOS is an incapable developer.
    Bring on the locks!
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I think they've handled it rather well. A full account lock is bound to make a lot of people upset, so allowing it on the 7 day campaign was a really good compromise.
    I'm sure we'll hear many complaints about it, but ZOS will just have to ride the storm for a while until it cools down.

They aren't allowing it on a 7-day campaign, they are forcing it onto the flagship 30-day campaign.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    Amen brother. Rvr used to mean something, not our fault ZOS is an incapable developer.
    Bring on the locks!

What did RvR "used to mean"? Seriously asking.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realm vs Realm, and it still does. Or AvAvA in our case Alliance vs Alliance vs Alliance. That is what it means. Why it no longer means anything is because it has been bastardized by allowing faction hopping so that there is no true RvR or AvAvA. There is just a playground of do what I want, when I want, with who I want, how I want where loyalty means nothing except to self and a small group of friends. Some seem to want small scale game play in a large scale environment, and while large scale environments allow for this they should not prioritize it over the large scale elements required to make them competitive at the meta level which is AvAvA.
    Edited by Ranger209 on April 16, 2019 5:57PM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great move ZOS.....Played since beta and I can tell you many of the issues over the years we complain about will be much deterred with the faction lock. Regardless of what the 'few prolific forum posters' tell you in here this is much needed and will improve the gameplay if given a good six months run. As you can imagine they fight tooth and nail for anything that encourages the type of gameplay they want, and I can tell you even as you give them a 7 day camp to play in they keep complaining here because they are just that kind of person.....don't really care about them having an option, only care you DONT give that option to others. They clearly have a choice but will whine endlessly about how they don't want others to have a choice- nothing more. Ignore them as they post here and are not playing in the game, I assure you the non vocal who are logged into the game say nothing here are supportive of the change and will continue to be.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Make factions mean something again in Cyrodiil.

Thank you ZOS.
    Finally you have realized the so broken PvP of "playing with just yourselves".
    You may have taken a long while to put this back again.
    No problem. I knew it was broken.
    But for those, who really enjoyed this brokenness, it's expected that you will be whining to the fullest after really soon, if you haven't yet.

PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@dazee, are you aware there is a campaign that will not be locked? You may have to move your cursor down 2cm further than you do currently in order to find it.

I hope that you can continue to pvp when you feel like it, across multiple factions in an unlocked campaign. I'm not sure why having an unlocked campaign is a deal breaker for you.

I hope that in time you come to understand that there is an unlocked campaign, even if you must be brought in kicking and screaming.

Hope to see you in there.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

@dazee, are you aware there is a campaign that will not be locked? You may have to move your cursor down 2cm further than you do currently in order to find it.

I hope that you can continue to pvp when you feel like it, across multiple factions in an unlocked campaign. I'm not sure why having an unlocked campaign is a deal breaker for you.

I hope that in time you come to understand that there is an unlocked campaign, even if you must be brought in kicking and screaming.

Are you aware of different timezones?
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Are you aware of different timezones?

OC is a myth. We're as mythical as our boxing kangaroos.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you indeed. Very good change and longtime overdue... but gg for this one!
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that the cowardly faction traitors will have nowhere left to run and will be locked into a side for the whole campaign. Now we will see who our true allies are and who decides to stand against us.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    I'm glad that the cowardly faction traitors will have nowhere left to run and will be locked into a side for the whole campaign. Now we will see who our true allies are and who decides to stand against us.

Says the former ad....
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget former DC too when EP had a tyrannical and cruel Emperor running things. Never forget. I understand if you forget those days being a night capper and all.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 19, 2019 12:13PM
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only people faction lock benefits are people who only use or pvp with one character.

Not true; see my signature.

8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
This discussion has been closed.