Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Aoe healing and cross healing

Irylia
Irylia
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it possible to limit all large aoe healing abilities, set buffs and effects to just the players in your group and then allow single target heals and vigor to affect those outside of your group (ward ally, breath of life, etc)

When you end up in a keep fight and there are dozens of spring aoe’s on the ground they are calculating every time 1-40people run through or sit in it.

Mainly considering this change so as to mitigate the overwhelming power that faction stacking can have since group size is capped to 24 and often times you now see hordes of 24-50 going objective to objective trying to strong arm and over power those that they outnumber.

They already have the benefit of numbers, more ults, skills, damage output that their healing shouldn’t be so massive as well. And potentially reduce server strain with less numbers if this is how the state of pvp should be.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. If you are not in a group, then it only applies to you.

Don't have a group, get better at being solo. Want a group, then make friends lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t really fix the issue though does it , people will just stack into a 24 man while zerging together.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t really fix the issue though does it , people will just stack into a 24 man while zerging together.

Then at least they are grouped.

But they still won't get the buffs/heals from other groups.

multiple pact militia raids.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »

Then at least they are grouped.

But they still won't get the buffs/heals from other groups.

multiple pact militia raids.

Actually this would strengthen organized groups. Right now random pugs soak up healing.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest it would great if ZoS did this but I doubt they could code it to work without causing additional lag. It’s just one more conditional on every heal casted.

For the Queen bby
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always been a fan of pooled AOE healing from other MMOs

For instance, if an AOE heal has a 2000pt delve and it heals 1 person, they get a 2000 heal. If it hits 2 people, each get a 1000 pt heal. If it hits four people, each get a 500 point heal. 5 people, 400pt heal, etc.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I’ve always been a fan of pooled AOE healing from other MMOs

For instance, if an AOE heal has a 2000pt delve and it heals 1 person, they get a 2000 heal. If it hits 2 people, each get a 1000 pt heal. If it hits four people, each get a 500 point heal. 5 people, 400pt heal, etc.

I like this generally.

Damage output could use something similar but inverse; maybe a small % reduction in AoE damage potency per Ally in its radius. So for example if your Permafrost hits for 3k normally but you have 3 allies inside, it would be reduced by X% per Ally. That'd be a fair tradeoff for the benefits gained in balling up.