The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I "lost" access to Morrowind

WarMetalMan
WarMetalMan
Soul Shriven
I tried contacting support about this, but it doesn't fall into any of the too-many-layered-yet-also-limited-and-way-too-specific support categories... So here I am instead.

When I re-started playing a few weeks ago I was creating new characters into the Morrowind tutorial zone: surviving a shipwreck and escaping from slavery. However, once I decided to buy the Summerset expansion, I somehow "lost" access to Morrowind... I can't travel there anymore as the game tells me that all of a sudden I need to buy the DLC. Heck, I still have a character IN Morrowind and while on that character I can still play in that zone, but the rest of my accound doesn't get permission anymore.

So, what gives? Is this a bug or have I missed something?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @WarMetalMan

You will need to contact customer support to resolve the account issue with losing access to Morrowind. When starting a ticket choose the closest category that fits your issue. If you cannot get a ticket started please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • WarMetalMan
    WarMetalMan
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @WarMetalMan

You will need to contact customer support to resolve the account issue with losing access to Morrowind. When starting a ticket choose the closest category that fits your issue. If you cannot get a ticket started please let us know.
    I tried contacting support about this, but it doesn't fall into any of the too-many-layered-yet-also-limited-and-way-too-specific support categories... So here I am instead.

I thought it would fall under "Technical Support", but which sub-category? I doesn't fall under "I can't launch the game" or "My game is crashing / freezing", neither does it fit with "I have a download issue" or "I can't install / patch". I also looked at the "Billing", "Account", "In-Game Support" and "Feedback / Bug" categories. The simple fact is that...
    it doesn't fall into any of the too-many-layered-yet-also-limited-and-way-too-specific support categories... So here I am instead.

So, should I just abuse your poorly thought out system by entering a falsehood just to get some sort of help? That seems to defeat the purpose of the poorly thought out system...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, should I just abuse your poorly thought out system by entering a falsehood just to get some sort of help? That seems to defeat the purpose of the poorly thought out system...

Bashing the Support Team isn't going to get your issue solved sooner, @WarMetalMan.

Just get a ticket started and list the ticket number in your thread here ...
  • WarMetalMan
    WarMetalMan
    Soul Shriven

Bashing the Support Team isn't going to get your issue solved sooner, @WarMetalMan.

There's a difference between bashing the team (people or individual person) and pointing out a flaw in an ineffective system.
    I did the latter.

In any case, notice how they still haven't answered my question? Or even read my post properly, for that matter? I'm not going to bash anyone (verbally, virtually or otherwise), but I will call a spade a spade if it comes down to it.
    Edited by WarMetalMan on May 1, 2019 1:14AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a difference between bashing the team (people or individual person) and pointing out a flaw in an ineffective system.
    I did the latter.

In any case, notice how they still haven't answered my question? Or even read my post properly, for that matter? I'm not going to bash anyone (verbally, virtually or otherwise), but I will call a spade a spade if it comes down to it.

I'll give you a free pass since you're new to the forums ... Support doesn't answer questions on player-specific issues in the forums. The will answer general help questions (as they did for you above).

Whether it's bashing or an "ineffective system" is moot at this point .. did you get that ticket started yet??
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @WarMetalMan

Customer support has replied back on your ticket #190430-005530 and is awaiting your response back.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post