Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Food Recipes / Food costs

brandonedward
brandonedward
✭✭
Hi folks.

So seems the game is quite new, and gold is somewhat easy to come by, I'm curious how much stuff sells for when it comes to food and the recipes.

I see blue food recipes around lvl 15-30 sell for up to 4k? Is that reasonable?

Also, what about the food products per?

I ask because I can make this = http://esohead.com/items/42793-fortified-venison-pasty

lvl 25 Blue food, gives +hp +magicka, and I have a Hp+Stam one also.

If anyone has any insight, that would be nice!
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ??is that reasonable??

I suppose it depends.

From a purely economic point of view, "reasonable" is some combination of...

A - how much money can you make in the course of normal play?

B - how much money can you make if all you do is focus on making money?

C - how hard is it to get the thing you're buying in the normal course of play?

D - how hard is it to get the thing you're buying if all you do is play to make that particular thing?

E - how badly does any one person actually WANT that thing, regardless of how hard it is to actually get or what it actually does?

F - how clueless is your buyer about the relative value of what they want based on the above criteria?

G - how morally bankrupt are you? how much are you willing to gouge your particular customer regardless of the actual/relative worth of what you're offering?

honestly - I'm astonished at some of the prices I've seen for things - most of the racial motifs sell for about 1000 gold. That doesn't seem like much. It STILL seems like too much, however, when, during the normal course of adventuring, they drop for free - albeit, not often, but they do drop. I don't need them badly enough to pay that much for them, regardless of whether or not it's a "reasonable" price.

So, is it reasonable? I'd say no, considering play long enough, you'll probably find one for free. Do you want it more than I do? quite possibly - if you do, maybe it's worth that much...

take it for what it's worth...
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • brandonedward
    brandonedward
    ✭✭
    I've sold dozens of motifs for 1k... 1k isn't a lot honestly. I've made 50k so far and I'm level 23. Not a high level, and not even a lot of gold compared to most.

Either way, not exactly the answer I was looking for...
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    depends do you want to buy one or do you want to sell one?
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    The principle behind all pricing is what the buyer and seller will (directly or otherwise) agree upon. If someone puts it up and someone else buys it, that's a fair price, at least for the moment.

Personally, I've been able to sell blue and purple recipes, but not the food itself. Even at quite low prices, it won't sell. I'm guessing most people have Provisioning or an alt that does it, or else they don't consider food important enough to buy.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."