The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

high latency at peak hours (EU)

sbeltsovrwb17_ESO
sbeltsovrwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have sometimes high latency in ESO during peak hours, it goes to 200-999+ ms and keeps changing drastically every few seconds. I don't have that problem in any other games, I always get 70-80ms when I connect to a EU server (I'm from the middle east, so this is normal). I installed WTFast, which is a program that supposed to "smooth out your internet connection by picking the most direct route to your favorite game server" and it actually helps, I get 100-150ms, not ideal but 100% playable. But it's free only for 2 weeks, then I have to pay and I don't want to pay for it, I should get low latency without it. I have this problem for a long time, in the past I had 2 different ISPs and on the 2nd one there was no lag in ESO, but I had to keep only the 1st ISP. I ran some pathpings, but I got around 70-75ms for the destination address (195.122.154.1) with no packet loss in all the tests I ran. Not sure how I can fix it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @sbeltsovrwb17_ESO

The latency on PC-EU during peak hours is due to more players joining the server. As posted here, a login queue has been added to help with stability issues and more server hardware will be added in the future.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kutty
    Kutty
    Soul Shriven
    I have same problem last 2 days. But not only during peak hours. Just the whole day. I tried it at 1am, 3am, 8am, 11am, 3pm, 8pm and same problem. Every 20-60s 999+ latency. Normally I have 60-100 latency. My internet connection is not the problem.
    Edited by Kutty on April 21, 2019 8:07PM
  • AlandroSul
    AlandroSul
    ✭✭
    Same here. It is not about peak hours for me. I have jumping ping from 70-150-70-200-70-300 etc... I play many multiplayer games and nothing like this happens. On the top of that I've read that the EU server is in Germany. While being in Poland I should have at most 100 ping. In other games I am able to connect with Britain having about 120 ping. What the hell is wrong with servers in ESO? Many players pay subscription so where does the money go? To the big boss of the company?
  • AlandroSul
    AlandroSul
    ✭✭
    Also those moderators are funny. Closing every thread instead of solving the problem.
    "More server hardware will be added in the futere"... till we all die...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For those still experiencing high ping and latency while on the EU server, some of the steps in the article below can improve your connection to our servers.

What do I do if I have bad latency in game on PC/Mac?

You can also contact customer support with a game consultant so they can review your connection path to the ESO servers.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post