The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Elsweyr PTS You Understand the Dragons!

tuxon
tuxon
✭✭✭✭
You can understand what Dragons say!
E.g. Fus Ro Dah, Yol Tor Shul! That's insane! This breaks the LORE so much! I understand its cool, but we are not Dovahkiin and have nothing to understand their speech.
Sigh.
Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    The dragons are speaking Dovahul which is a language anyone can hear without being Dragonborn (Greybeards, Dragon Priests, etc.). What makes the Dragonborn special is they can the language as a shout almost immediately. Our character can't shout so no lore is being broken.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Us not being dragonborn does not mean that for some reason we can't hear Dovahzul. Also, dragons can speak the common tongue too. How do you think Paarthurnax was teaching the greybeards?
  • Vexarius
    Vexarius
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you can hear the words doesn’t mean you can understand what they mean...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vexarius wrote: »
    Just because you can hear the words doesn’t mean you can understand what they mean...
    Just because i understand what your words mean doesn't mean they actually make sense...
    biggrin.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on April 21, 2019 2:58AM
  • Kingdaboss123
    Kingdaboss123
    ✭✭✭
    The op almost gave me a stroke from reading his comment.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What?

Did you just think that throughout Skyrim whenever you shouted, other people just heard garbled nonsense coming from you?

Just because you can hear the words doesn't mean you know what they mean, and it wouldn't break lore even if non-dragonborn or greybeard characters did, it's just a definition. It's being able to use those words in a shout that takes people a lot of time and practice - not being able to hear it
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope draugrs and dragon priests will now use proper shouts instead of DK skills.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dovahzul is an actual Language. Anyone can learn the language. What's special are the shouts. Sure you can learn and speak the language, but can you "shout" it? Most people no. The Greybeards even say they spent their entire lives learning how to Shout but only the Dragonborn can do it almost immediately without training.

A funny example is Katia from the Webcomic Prequel: Making a Cat Cry the Adventure. She's a Khajiit that knows "Dragonish".
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!