The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why would you start a round with uneven number of players?

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
To the developers, why would you start a round when all three teams DO NOT have the same number of players? often a team or two will not get their 4th player and the remaining team having 4 players just steamrolls them.
Edited by techprince on April 10, 2019 4:43PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see 2v3v4 fairly often. It's frustrating.

Things usually even out 3v3v4 by the 4 minute mark, with full teams by the 6 minute mark.

Those first few minutes can decide the game, though. I'd rather wait for a full lobby than start short-handed against prepared teams.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    I see 2v3v4 fairly often. It's frustrating.

Things usually even out 3v3v4 by the 4 minute mark, with full teams by the 6 minute mark.

Those first few minutes can decide the game, though. I'd rather wait for a full lobby than start short-handed against prepared teams.

Every alternate BG, i see 1 or 2 teams with less players till the end. They never get their 3rd or 4th player.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see that too. I also see people decline BGs a lot so the queue doesn’t start.

Is this a player or game issue?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an issue on Xbox NA, but not all the time. Frankly, I prefer matches to start sooner and just deal with having uneven teams sometimes over having to wait longer.

I've been in plenty of games where we start short-handed, fill up after a few minutes, and wind up winning. The advantage is not insurmountable.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an issue on Xbox NA, but not all the time. Frankly, I prefer matches to start sooner and just deal with having uneven teams sometimes over having to wait longer.

I've been in plenty of games where we start short-handed, fill up after a few minutes, and wind up winning. The advantage is not insurmountable.

Only if the queue actually fills the 4th player slot. This does not happen most of the times. 4th slot remains empty till the end. This is a bad game design.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saw a match start earlier with 1v3v4...

That is wrong.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How BS is this, 3 vs 4 vs 4 in Capture the Relic. Do you really expect to defend and capture against 2 teams with 3 people? 4th player joined when score was 400-100-0. This is fked up.
    Battlegrounds is 4 vs 4 vs 4. Untill you get 12 players, round should not start. Period.
    Edited by techprince on April 12, 2019 9:12PM
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. Damn you understand this only now?:)
    Very often I have matches when my team have -1 player. As a result is 3 vs 4 vs 4.
    But hey, look ppl don't care and zos too.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I stay and hope we get a full team, sometimes I take the quitter penalty out of spite and go do something else. I didn't buy Morrowind for 2v3v4 content.

The timer should not begin until it's 12 players.

Imagine if dungeon finder loaded you in with only 2 total players and began the dungeon on a timer. Is it worth the effort to make the broken thing "work"?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because they don't care. you need to queue to login then press f button about an hour to get into a broken lobby. this game is a bad joke.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t like being short handed all game either. One thing I’ve noticed that’s odd is when people leave a BG they get replaced very quickly, usually with a better player. Makes me think there are people available but for some reason they aren’t being put in the game.

I think every time someone’s left a BG I was in we’ve ended up winning too. I think it pulls players from higher MMR or something.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again and again and again and again. This never ends.
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    cant believe zos not handling this *** at least 1+ year now.
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    I always ask, "If the queue pop succeeded with 12 players accepting it, why is the match starting with 3 out of 4 players?!"
    PC-NA
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Only time were I cannot believe im saying this but CoD does it best, there shouldnt be a deserter penalty at all, the game just counts as a loss, match bonus/daily xp forfit, we also need it changed to score based to take into account healing, tactical, team based play instead of just K/D/Assists. Add CoD scoring, game setup with Halo medals and announcer
    Edited by ThanatosXR on May 2, 2019 7:13AM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a nice way to test 1vX builds, ends up being good practice.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos devs - Reads this thread. One sits back and laughs. Says to the others - they do not know how lucky they are the GF even formed part of a group without messed up the GF is.

Probably be better with a graphic of Matt or someone, but I am tired.