The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Mount: Bull Kagouti?

Raltin
Raltin
✭✭✭✭
Idk about you, but I'd buy this up faster than you could say 'sold'. Why they've not released this yet as a mount is beyond me, those colors are just wonderful, and mixing that orange and red with the ebony metal armor that's standard for kagouti mounts? Gorgeous. Would you want to ride this thing, yay or nay?

900px-ON-creature-Bull_Kagouti.jpg
Edited by Raltin on April 7, 2020 8:48PM
"Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."

New Mount: Bull Kagouti? 55 votes

Want it!
65%
GilvothYulsIruil_ESOFlynchMetamonMartoInhuman003meekmikoCarbonisedOrdinatorInMourningAztriasSydneyGreyWalks_With_KagoutiDrathlykadochkaNaomi_KPrayingSeraphFortunattoWildRaptorXChaos2088 36 votes
Don't want it.
34%
ScardyFoxmikejezzAlucardoShadow_AkulaFischblutRainchaser ThannazzarTelvanniWizardM_VolsungdmvabrexagamemnonPerityeXologamerMichaewhitecrowPlanetFluffDamoclesLethallinⱩïłłășḫäńðȑą 19 votes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is to dangerous to have the male version loose in Tamriel. We all know it is impossible to truly tame and control the bull Kagouti.

Many have attempted castration in hopes that would calm the beat, but to date no one has successfully performed a castration of the bull that did not end in sudden death.

Sorry to rain on your parade. I would suggest sticking with the superior Kagouti gender, the female.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    idk wrote: »
    It is to dangerous to have the male version loose in Tamriel. We all know it is impossible to truly tame and control the bull Kagouti.

Many have attempted castration in hopes that would calm the beat, but to date no one has successfully performed a castration of the bull that did not end in sudden death.

Sorry to rain on your parade. I would suggest sticking with the superior Kagouti gender, the female.

And I suppose you have a lore quote for this? Because as much as I've been through lore sources throughout tes, not once have I ever seen that stated. What we do know in lore is It is actually the female kagouti that is dominant during the breeding process, though the males compete and later raise the hatchlings as they grow up. I honestly liken it to how cassowaries breed. If anything, the females would be more aggressive than the males, depending on the season, while the males would likely be more protective of whatever creature they considered 'family' (wouldn't be too hard for a captive bred and raised kagouti male to extend this instinct to its owner).
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    The picture reminds me of the movie Alien. It's highly probable that the Dunmer concept was inspired by the "little grey men" in UFOs, so I guess it's fitting in their geographic region, but I can't quite get myself to trust the thing...
    Edited by Quantact on April 10, 2019 6:52PM
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    Quantact wrote: »
    The picture reminds me of the movie Alien. It's highly probable that the Dunmer concept was inspired by the "little grey men" in UFOs, so I guess it's fitting in their geographic region, but I can't quite get myself to trust the thing...

I'd probably trust that thing more than the bear and senche mounts honestly, and I have a feeling argonians would be more up to the task, they really have a way of pacifying reptilian creatures when they put their mind to it. Heck, remember that one tribe that was banished to grahtwood? They hand-raised alit into being attack dogs, and could interact with wamasu.
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    Raltin wrote: »

I'd probably trust that thing more than the bear and senche mounts honestly, and I have a feeling argonians would be more up to the task, they really have a way of pacifying reptilian creatures when they put their mind to it. Heck, remember that one tribe that was banished to grahtwood? They hand-raised alit into being attack dogs, and could interact with wamasu.

I am very sorry, I can see that you're a lore enthusiast but I don't know huge amounts about it. >.<

Honestly, the bear is my favorite animal irl but I find the way the character bounces while riding it to be extremely distracting. If it weren't for that, I'd use them exclusively, myself. As things stand, I use Guars and if not Guars, then horses.

I don't know much about the Argonians, but it does seem ZOS found them to be sufficiently lacking in race-specific gear that the entire Xanmeer crate season was devoted to them. So, (with my limited knowledge about lore in mind) the Argonians can raise anything as an Argonian-related mount because there are literally lizard-camels and lizard-panthers and lizard guars and lizard bears in existence. Why would the Argonians want a kagouti when they can have a lizardly horse?

I wonder how the crown crate series will figure into future single-player Elder Scrolls games. I am guessing the Black Marsh won't be Bethesda's first choice for an Elder Scrolls game because it's a swamp, but will we be encountering lizard bears and storm atronach horses in Elder Scrolls 6?
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!

I am very sorry, I can see that you're a lore enthusiast but I don't know huge amounts about it. >.<

Honestly, the bear is my favorite animal irl but I find the way the character bounces while riding it to be extremely distracting. If it weren't for that, I'd use them exclusively, myself. As things stand, I use Guars and if not Guars, then horses.

I don't know much about the Argonians, but it does seem ZOS found them to be sufficiently lacking in race-specific gear that the entire Xanmeer crate season was devoted to them. So, (with my limited knowledge about lore in mind) the Argonians can raise anything as an Argonian-related mount because there are literally lizard-camels and lizard-panthers and lizard guars and lizard bears in existence. Why would the Argonians want a kagouti when they can have a lizardly horse?

I wonder how the crown crate series will figure into future single-player Elder Scrolls games. I am guessing the Black Marsh won't be Bethesda's first choice for an Elder Scrolls game because it's a swamp, but will we be encountering lizard bears and storm atronach horses in Elder Scrolls 6?

Well why do khajiit ride senche-cat mounts instead of senche-khajiit mounts? There's a wide range of reasons why anyone would choose any different sort of mount. Availability, utility, cost, care requirements, etc etc.
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭

Well why do khajiit ride senche-cat mounts instead of senche-khajiit mounts? There's a wide range of reasons why anyone would choose any different sort of mount. Availability, utility, cost, care requirements, etc etc.

If there were some strategic utility differences between mount types, yeah, but sadly a mount is a mount in ESO. I mean, I can see why they did it like that, but yeah. I am sure a single-player Elder Scrolls game could handle a different philosophy though, yeah, especially when modding becomes involved.
    Edited by Quantact on April 10, 2019 9:15PM
  • Peritye
    Peritye
    ✭✭✭
    Don't want it.
    Just no. Look at its back. How do you put a saddle on that? Think, dude, think!!!
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean- we have giant wolves, senches, and even BEARS as mounts- but apparently those were tamable
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    I've been waiting for them to release it as a mount for two years. They'd need to paint the teeth white, though.
    Nonsense. Just have a sorceror use a sleep spell on a juvenile one, castrate, then train. Easy.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    Peritye wrote: »
    Just no. Look at its back. How do you put a saddle on that? Think, dude, think!!!

But we have other Kagouti mounts with saddles on them, who have the exact same back design?
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could add the male versions of mounts but then there would be a blurred bit. But seriously aren't kagouti mounts already in the game? I'm not seeing much of a difference from the my Hearthfire Kagouti.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    They could add the male versions of mounts but then there would be a blurred bit. But seriously aren't kagouti mounts already in the game? I'm not seeing much of a difference from the my Hearthfire Kagouti.

That's like the difference between the senche-lioness and the dro-m'athra senche. Basically the same design, just different coloring and different 'call mount' affects.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!

The difference being one is natural and colorful while the other is full of flames and edge.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if all Kagouti based mounts are still bugged. It is an old bug, not something super important, but as far as I know It has not been fixed. Details are here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442938/kagouti-mount-position-posture-bug#latest
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    I wonder if all Kagouti based mounts are still bugged. It is an old bug, not something super important, but as far as I know It has not been fixed. Details are here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442938/kagouti-mount-position-posture-bug#latest

That bug has been fixed, just tested it. If it's still on yours for some reason, it might be a client problem, or perhaps a racial one... dunno.

What I want them to fix, however, is the animation wonky-ness that has been out for years now since orsinium when it comes to argonians and bear mounts. At full 60 mount speed (and a little further down) when a bear goes at full jog, or sprint, an argonian rider's tail will twist to the left and straighten back out spastically as though it's having a seizure, like, it looks like the argonian's tail is being twisted and rung dry like a towel.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520078/beast-race-bear-mount-animation-issue/p1?new=1
    Edited by Raltin on April 7, 2020 12:19AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't want it.
    I like this one better. It quenches all my kagouti thirst.
    Kagouti-Mount-Side-1.jpg
    Check it out here: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/kagouti-mount/

"I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    Michae wrote: »
    Kagouti-Mount-Side-1.jpg

Eeeeeeh... that's one of three vanilla kagouti models. We got the pale kagouti from Deshaan, which was the first kagouti mount. Then there's a darker kagouti in Shadowfen, and the orange-yellow-red kagouti bulls/bosses in shadowfen and Deshaan (which can be found in Vvardenfell after it was released). Personally... while I do like the pale kagouti (either a cow or an immature bull), I'd prefer the orange-yellow-red kagouti bull as a mount... Secondly, if you slap on the ebony plating that the original kagouti mount had onto the bull? That'd add a bit of black to the color... that'd be one gorgeous mount. Perfect for Pact players too.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't want it.
    Kagouti-Mount-Side-1.jpg

Eeeeeeh... that's one of three vanilla kagouti models. We got the pale kagouti from Deshaan, which was the first kagouti mount. Then there's a darker kagouti in Shadowfen, and the orange-yellow-red kagouti bulls/bosses in shadowfen and Deshaan (which can be found in Vvardenfell after it was released). Personally... while I do like the pale kagouti (either a cow or an immature bull), I'd prefer the orange-yellow-red kagouti bull as a mount... Secondly, if you slap on the ebony plating that the original kagouti mount had onto the bull? That'd add a bit of black to the color... that'd be one gorgeous mount. Perfect for Pact players too.

Ok. But I like that one better.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    Kagouti-Mount-Side-1.jpg

For you, perhaps... but some of us thirst for MOAR kagouti.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't want it.
    Kagouti-Mount-Side-1.jpg

I don't deny that. You asked and I answered. ;)
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    Kagouti-Mount-Side-1.jpg

I don't deny that. You asked and I answered. ;)

Indeed. Now, I shall return to clawing at ZoS's door for that kagouti like an entitled housecat wanting fed.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't want it.
    Looks pretty ugly. Obviously I'm not opposed to them adding a mount like that, but personally it's not my kind of thing. Mounts with special abilities, now that'd be dope. For example, a giant mudcrab that can float on water, or a winged mount that acts as a glider, like a young dragon that hasn't quite learnt how to fly or a Gryphon.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Looks pretty ugly. Obviously I'm not opposed to them adding a mount like that, but personally it's not my kind of thing. Mounts with special abilities, now that'd be dope. For example, a giant mudcrab that can float on water, or a winged mount that acts as a glider, like a young dragon that hasn't quite learnt how to fly or a Gryphon.

Mounts were originally going to have a additional functionality early in the game depending on their type, but it was cut before final release. Horses were supposed to be able to sprint endlessly without tiring, Guar were supposed to be able to swim across water so you didn't get dismounted if you accidentally hit a deep puddle, and Senche-Cats were supposed to be able to enter a crouched sneak-mode from the saddle where they stalked and you could sneak past annoying overland mobs (think of the dark brotherhood shadow rider passive, but better).

As for a winged mount? Well... If I'm being honest, I always wanted a nice sized cliff-strider mount since Vvardenfell released. Can't fly, but they're excellent gliders. Kinda picture something like a Rock Drake from Ark and you kinda get the picture if the thing was fully capable of climbing and gliding for the rider in the game mechanics.
    Edited by Raltin on April 9, 2020 9:16AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't want it.
    Give me my giant mudcrab mount, please!
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    Give me my giant mudcrab mount, please!

Too bad, you get a lobster mount.
    And it's exclusive to crown crates.
    For 600 gems.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagouti mounts are allready in the game:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Mounts_K
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't want it.
    Wait, do people actually like these type of mounts? I thought everyone gaged9then and saw them as fillers.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us earnable mounts besides the Godslayer senche, stable horses, or event Indriks!

Long questlines to earn the trust of a mount (pure questing), collecting special items all over Tamriel to create a recipe to lure a mount to you (collection/exploration task), Vet HM or optional+very difficult trial boss (very hard to get), etc.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 17, 2020 9:07AM
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Want it!
    Aelorin wrote: »
    Kagouti mounts are allready in the game:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Mounts_K

So are horses, camels, guar, wolves, and even dwemer spiders... and they keep finding ways to release increasingly crazier versions of them time and time again. So far, Kagouti (if you don't count them as a reskinned variant of the guar mounts, as they both have the same animations) are the mounts with the least variety, having only 4 of them in the entire game. Standard kagouti, hearthfire kagouti, fabricant kagouti, and frost atronach kagouti (the last of which... TECHNICALLY isn't a kagouti, but potay-to/potah-to). I personally would just love to get the bull kagouti... something that isn't absolutely magically/mechanically over the top and zany but still has a lot of color to it.