Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

No general discussion forum?

Crumpy
Crumpy
✭✭✭✭
Am I being a bit stupid? I can't find a general discussion forum on these pages...

What gives?
I lyke not this quill.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont want a troll section of forums and I concur.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, bit of a lack of confidence on their part I'd say. General forums are usually quite good for a laugh
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Lamprey
    Lamprey
    I agree they should have one. But, it seems no one pays attention to the forum groupings or doesn't understand what/why they have the forums divided they way they do.
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Not having this nor dedicated forums for each alliance war shard is a bad move on their part.
    Mmos are kept together by the community any more than the game its self could hope to achieve over the months and years.
    Gw2 got this wrong and many people got isolated and quit an otherwise great game.
    Wow nailed forum communitys pretty well, you can complain all you want but i know people that are tired of that game but sub to keep a hand in their server community mainly on the forums and now also subbing and playing eso.
    Mmos are very social things even for those who avoid guilds and group content.
    You need the framework of a fully fledged forum to survive.

"trolling" happens no matter what forum you use so this is an invalid argument, take for example this thread.
    It wont be long before a high and mighty ah#le decides to enlighten you that this is not the general discussion forum.
  • DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭
    Reavan wrote: »
    It wont be long before a high and mighty ah#le decides to enlighten you that this is not the general discussion forum.

Which, funny enough, it is by virtue of this forum not having an actual general discussion and this being the most "general" subforum available.
    At this point is basically is in everything but name.

And yeah, I also agree that we need a subforum for each campaign.

Seems really odd that both things are missing.
    EU Megaserver
    Chany Therall - Templar VR1
    - Tank in PvE, support Mage in PvP
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recent Discussions is the General Forums section for ESO. :)
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    DFDelta wrote: »
    Reavan wrote: »

Which, funny enough, it is by virtue of this forum not having an actual general discussion and this being the most "general" subforum available.
    At this point is basically is in everything but name.

And yeah, I also agree that we need a subforum for each campaign.

Seems really odd that both things are missing.
    Agree and i use this as general too.
    Its a shame though i hate seeing such potential for great community go down the drain due to fear of trolls and lack of forum and different ways to communicate and interact ig.
    Its not really my thing but another thing gw2 got wrong was lack of a straight up duel option.
    So many people just love going to a spot, relaxing, chatting, watching and participateing in duels.
    In my opinion gw2 which also lack these features is a superior game in terms of gameplay innovation than wow but like eso it lacked many of the basics which i know for sure made people leave.
    Edited by Reavan on April 10, 2014 11:09PM