Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I'm getting a little sick of campers/farmers/node thieves

• dreildragb14_ESO
    Yeah I liked the GW2 node fix also.

But as far as the people saying the boss drops and exp should stop after the first credited kill has to remember those boss's drop something unique to them, be it a green axe or blue boots people do farm them for those objects (like any other MMO) so the one loot stuff simply wont work.
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    The GW2 system would be better I think, but the rates would need to be adjusted.
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    +1 the GW2 resource system
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    +1 the GW2 resource system
    ( but i dont like how they handle gathering tools )
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • Lywen
    Lywen
    For me, the boss respawning kinda breaks the immersion of the game. They have this minimal UI and everything so that we can really experience the world, there's no name plates floating around for about the same reason (And if the reason is PVP in Cyrodil, maybe they should just disable nameplates for that area?) ... So I go through this great quest, get to the end, fight the end boss. ...And then someone walks in and he's resurrected. Sometimes before I even start exploring the room for chests. So it breaks the "story" aspect for me... (On top of it being annoying for people to camp, although I haven't run into that issue yet myself)

• Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    There were things about public dungeons I really liked in DAOC , EQ2 and AO but I can see how it would be very frustrating to fight your way all the way through a dungeon get to the boss and get ready to complete the experience , gain some reward for your efforts and 4 scrubs come flying up and kill the boss before you even have a chance to tag him.

In many games you can set dungeon difficulty - it would be kinda cool if you could choose to zone into an instanced or public version of a dungeon
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting thought: I was speaking with one of my students this morning who plays TESO and she suggested that one of the problems with "node stealing" is the FOV doesn't always allow the other player to see everything that is going on around them.

She said she had the experience of harvesting a node and someone ran up and used the hand on hips e-mote. She hadn't even seen them ....

I hadn't even considered this.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah thats a good point , esp if someone is in 1st person view they most likely have a much more restricted FOV
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had a problem with field of view.
    Maybe that's because I never play in first person, though.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    And I always use first person. I can't seem to hit anything in third person. :smile:
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nodes out in the open world aren't a problem. They respawn rather quickly and are supposed to be "first come fist served" (chests also) and you can see them from a distance so normally you make a bee-line right for the ones you need without ever knowing someone else is in the same race. In those cases I just say "oh well" and look for the next. Taking a node or chest when another player is killing the mob guarding it is just wrong though.

The Op's issue is another question. I agree that even while you still get credit and your quest gets advanced, It's still poor form.

I'll stick around and help with the kill if I think they need it. But if I've already been in the cave I'll let them have it. There is plenty more loot out there with out needing to be an a**hat.

Problem is this is a "more me now" world. Empathy is a thing of the past it seems.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've ran into alot of these campers just sitting in one spot killing it when it spawns. Much better ways to get loot...
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , first come first served , that simple.

With that said , i almost never end up in this kind of situation , usually im alone and the next player is FAR from me , more than far enough for this kind of thing not happen.

And i dont do dungeons for loot , i do it for the quest , people can have all the chests in there for all i care.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else find it incredibly funny/sad that, before, we couldn't get bosses to spawn. Now, we're having trouble with people camping them because they spawn too often. XD

I find node thieves utterly deplorable: even my Nightblade sneak doesn't stoop that low. If you're fighting next to a chest, I might hop in if you're having trouble, but you still get first go at it. A couple times, I've been over my head and near death at a node I was trying to get to and had someone step in and save me. Their reward for their good deed? The node.

I'm generally annoyed by campers, but not as much as the node thieves. Alas, if only they'd been able to implement that sorting system they'd once talked about, where similar types of players are grouped together. Then, those of us interested in questing can keep moving along, and campers can keep one another company all crowding around the same bosses. :p
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alas, if only they'd been able to implement that sorting system they'd once talked about, where similar types of players are grouped together. Then, those of us interested in questing can keep moving along, and campers can keep one another company all crowding around the same bosses. :p

Oh my God, this. Ever so much this.
    I cannot for the life of me understand why that idea got the ax. It's what initially got me so very fired up about this game.
    Let the PvP mouthbreathers have their fun together and let us basement dwelling roleplayers have ours and never the twain should meet.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.