The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game freezing during loading screen

Alfawulf070
Alfawulf070
✭✭
Hello,

My game is freezing up during loading screen. It locks the entire computer and I have to do a hard reboot. There is no error message, everything just freezes. At first I could get into game and it would lock zoning from one location to another, or into the thieves den. Now I can't even get to my character screen. I'm getting the Sommerset intro movie and it just locks up the computer after a couple of seconds.
I'm currently waiting on another reply from support but they've been silent for over 18 hours now. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game to a drive with more space, but it keeps happening. It happens on my steam account as well. This started Thursday, after the next part of the event started.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alfawulf070

If your entire PC is locking up when the game freezes it could indicate a more serious issue beyond the game installation. You may want to check the temperatures of your graphic card and CPU while playing ESO to make sure nothing is overheating.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Alfawulf070
    Alfawulf070
    ✭✭
    It is only happening when I play ESO. I don't have any problems with any other games or programs. I only get about 30 seconds past the log in screen when it locks up. So I don't know how the card or CPU could be overheating and causing the crash. I'm fairly certain it's a game issue and not a computer one. I've been playing ESO on this computer for over a year and a half and never had any issues whatsoever until the update(event change) on Thursday.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is only happening when I play ESO. I don't have any problems with any other games or programs. I only get about 30 seconds past the log in screen when it locks up. So I don't know how the card or CPU could be overheating and causing the crash. I'm fairly certain it's a game issue and not a computer one. I've been playing ESO on this computer for over a year and a half and never had any issues whatsoever until the update(event change) on Thursday.

You may want to list your system specs. While it may seem like it's ESO doing it, there could be something else at play here. Things like an outdated driver somewhere could cause system instability with something as intensive as ESO. Also be sure to check your event logger to see if there's something that's force-stopping and then not restarting (main culprit of that would be your display drivers).
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Alfawulf070
    Alfawulf070
    ✭✭
    All of my drivers are up to date. That is the first thing that I checked. I've repaired, uninstalled, and reinstalled to a different drive with more space, added ports, ran as admin, rolled back updates, and a few other things. I'll see if I can include my system information here, but I'm not entirely sure how to use the even logger.

• Alfawulf070
    Alfawulf070
    ✭✭
    System info attached. Not sure if either of those work?
    -Added Game Consultant report.
    Edited by Alfawulf070 on April 15, 2019 4:48PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Alfawulf070

You may want to create a game consultant report and post it in this thread. This report contains the technical information we need for troubleshooting issues such as your hard crash.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Alfawulf070
    Alfawulf070
    ✭✭
    I added it above as there is no add file tab unless it's being edited?
  • Alfawulf070
    Alfawulf070
    ✭✭
    Okay, so I'm not sure what changed, but today I am able to log in on both accounts and play like nothing ever happened. I'd like to know what was wrong before, but I'm happy to be able to play again. I hope it continues.