The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there an actual plan to address the lag?

Dreth
Dreth
✭✭✭
Coming back after about a year break and wondering how I ever dealt with this. Been playing another open world PVP MMO and holy crap ESO feels terrible comparatively. Skills, bar swapping, rubberbanding...its a complete mess. I came back excited for the Elsweyr changes but wow this completely killed any hype I had.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lmfao no
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock will fix the lag, dead servers= no lag
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what mmo were you playing?
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA :trollface:
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Plasma_Elf
    Plasma_Elf
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping that making Imperial City its own instance will help things!

Honestly though, I think the lag will be with us for quite some time.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, no, no, and oh btw no.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/1033 that patch plus years of shoddy coding from incapable dev's who had nothing to do with the original game's development, but are cheaper to hold onto. Example: Look at the combat bugs we have to deal with that were fixed 3 years ago and are now unfixed, look at the list of 50+ bugs in Cyrodiil that have been there for years, and look at how often permanent load screens is either fixed or unfixed based on the patch.

Your playing a game that only cares about their cash shop and very mediocre instanced content additions staggered in conjunction with you guessed it, more cash shop sales.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think faction locking will cause everyone to quit then your thought process is even more idiotic than this comment. We get it, you're against faction locks, but making ridiculous and baseless posts like this will not strengthen your argument
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

If you think faction locking will cause everyone to quit then your thought process is even more idiotic than this comment. We get it, you're against faction locks, but making ridiculous and baseless posts like this will not strengthen your argument

Agreed. We also haven't seen the patch notes too so we don't know if they are making changes to cyro/ic for performance. They do like to sneak those in.

But if you all really want to fix lag, get off the zerglane with your earthgore/proc sets and stop slotting 3x defense sets and start dying without turning into salty Europeans lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 5 years of server issues we finally got login queues for pc EU. They'll come soon for pc NA.

What's your guess? After 5 years of performance decreasing steadily, what do you think?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 5 years of server issues we finally got login queues for pc EU. They'll come soon for pc NA.

What's your guess? After 5 years of performance decreasing steadily, what do you think?

Lol they gave us an ETA on the server que/upgrades. Stop whining lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    what mmo were you playing?

GW2. They have their own issues with lag but it is nothing close to this.

Trying to weave was completely pointless and my death would be preceded by 2 seconds of me just not being able to move before I am brought to a death screen.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your input, my idiotic, ridiculous and baseless comment is from past experience when the servers were faction locked and all servers were dead apart from the single main campaign that had enough population to ensure that one faction was unable to completely dominate and gate camp the other two 24/7 until they simply logged off in frustration. This led to additional pop coming into the campaign for the winning faction and a giant sucking sound as the remainder of the underpopulated factions went elsewhere leading to......wait for it...….DEAD SERVERS. One could hardly argue with a straight face that we have a larger population in pvp now than before One Tamriel, so I hardly think that we'll see a different outcome from trying the same thing. Idiotic comment, no...baseless, no....ridiculous, no.....a proven track record, unfortunately yes. And I did not state that anyone would quit, but they will hump the single campaign that provides some balance ensuring that campaign will be a lagfest 24//7 with a constant queue.

But I get it, you are for faction locks and think it will solve all problems that plague your played server and platform of choice and unwilling to acknowledge that there will be unintended consequences. A better solution would have been to demand population control mechanics and/or a reasonable cooldown on switching factions.

But this thread is about lag and I've derailed it, so I'll stand by my original post thank you very much.

Edited by kpittsniperb14_ESO on April 14, 2019 5:42PM
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I get it, you are for faction locks and think it will solve all problems that plague your played server and platform of choice and unwilling to acknowledge that there will be unintended consequences. A better solution would have been to demand population control mechanics and/or a reasonable cooldown on switching factions.

But this thread is about lag and I've derailed it, so I'll stand by my original post thank you very much.
    There's going to be consequences regardless of what they do. If they do nothing, then people will continue to exploit and profit from being able to swap alliances at will. If they add the faction lock, then it may significantly alter populations - who knows?
    But yes, it's my belief that it's the better of the two evils. One thing I can't stand in online gaming is exploitation.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

There's going to be consequences regardless of what they do. If they do nothing, then people will continue to exploit and profit from being able to swap alliances at will. If they add the faction lock, then it may significantly alter populations - who knows?
    But yes, it's my belief that it's the better of the two evils. One thing I can't stand in online gaming is exploitation.

Emperor was swapped from day 1, AP boosting was done from day 1, stealing scrolls was done from day 1...with faction locks. Your problems may not be as blatant after the lock as before but they will still be there. I understand that EU servers have different issues than NA, PC from Console etc and I don't mean to minimize anyone's concerns however, blaming players for developer short sightedness and asking for lazy fixes isn't the right way to go about it. How about we all get together and demand actual fixes like population balancing mechanics? I really don't want to derail this guy's thread further so we'll just agree to disagree here.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    40 more behind me."
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is never going away. It's been laggy like hell for years. They don't care.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like you OP, you make me laugh!
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I mentioned in a different thread, I have kept track of any communication from ZOS regarding Cyrodiil performances very closely. Since Summerset got released more than 8 months ago, there has been only one post in the Alliance War section of the forums addressing something different than TOS violations and it was not even regarding performances.

Only very recently during some live streams introducing Elsweyr, Rich Lambert had a brief approach regarding an upcoming project to address Cyrodiil performances by taking a look at terrain rendering and anything related to a character. It was told that this would be a long term goal and could take between 8 to 10 months to see any results.

Although it is always appreciated to hear back from ZOS about Cyrodiil performances, in my book, they have alot more to accomplish and to communicate before they get any sort of forgiveness and understanding from me. Going dark for 8months is absolutely unacceptable and disrespectful toward the entire community.
    Edited by frozywozy on May 9, 2019 10:11AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding they want to, and they have some ideas. I don't know if they have a fixed plan they're working on to address it though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically every expansion they promise performance fixes yet never deliver. Gotta keep the hope up to sell those expansions
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lag
    Port 10800

Dear Sir / Madam,
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt himself said Zos was "killing it". Not sure what you guy see as a problem. No lag, PC/EU is operating smoothly and GF is working perfectly.

As long as we have Matt's genius mind on the job these great days will just get better. He is the source of all these good and perfect functioning game servers we have.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Matt himself said Zos was "killing it". Not sure what you guy see as a problem. No lag, PC/EU is operating smoothly and GF is working perfectly.

As long as we have Matt's genius mind on the job these great days will just get better. He is the source of all these good and perfect functioning game servers we have.
    idk wrote: »

Ohh they "Killing It".... like with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire...

As for performance, The current engine is old.. it was old at game release... We're not going to see any major changes til the next iteration of ESO is released coinciding with the release of the next gen consoles in 2021/2022 or later. They're not going to spend the money when they could just milk the crown store till then..
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."