The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is what will help unbalanced maps

ShenaniganSquad
ShenaniganSquad
✭✭✭
So I think I have come up with a solution to the unbalanced map issue ..................................

keeps and scrolls reset each week!

for the 30 day campaigns, have the keeps and scrolls reset to each faction holding their own keeps and scrolls every 7 days. On the 7 day campaigns, at campaign start, all goes back to scratch, everyone has their scrolls, everyone has their keeps.... bam, fresh work to do

thoughts?
Edited by ShenaniganSquad on April 10, 2019 1:26AM
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    It won't help that much if alliance server population is unbalanced.

If a random PVPer sees an alliance with 3 bars and others with 1, they'll hop on to the 3 bar zerg train most likely. And in no time, the scrolls and keeps are in control of the 3-bar alliance.

Better could work if an alliance with 2-bars couldn't reach 3 if the two alliances are still with just 1 bar.

As Lord Peter "Littlefinger" Baelish said: "Zergs win you wars, not soldiers".
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that could help is something that will reduce night & morning cap effect when it comes to campaign points scorring. I was thinking to make potential points to be based on population. So if one side decides to PvD the map they will get 3x , 5x or 10x times less potenial points, depending on the population differences.
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun you cant punish people because of where they live... all i ever hear americans say is "the map gets night capped" .. you do realise that on the other side of the world its like 8pm right? ... Why should those of us on this side of the globe be penalized for showing up during our prime time.. why dont you guys stay up later so we dont have to pvdoor :D .. that would make it nice to have some people to actually fight when we play
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun you cant punish people because of where they live... all i ever hear americans say is "the map gets night capped" .. you do realise that on the other side of the world its like 8pm right? ... Why should those of us on this side of the globe be penalized for showing up during our prime time.. why dont you guys stay up later so we dont have to pvdoor :D .. that would make it nice to have some people to actually fight when we play
    Punishing players for doing that is not and will never will be my inted. AP you get from taking objectives will remain the same. I just think that night / morning cap, it does not matter who does that.
    What is effectively happening is that PvP campaign is won by doing PvE activities (fighting against keep guards), because there are no actuall players to defend the keep because for 90% of playes it is night time.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox one NA yellows own two campaigns at a time it’s actually a common thing for all blues to get on yellows they actually say time to get on yellows in zone. They always win rarely ever do they lose.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvDoor deserves punishment no matter where you live.

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »

so @Merlight what would you suggest we do at 8-9pm with a game we paid for?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say not flip the entire map, take every scroll, or alternatively log on the outnumbered faction, but I might as well *** into the wind with those suggestions.

I do agree its pointless to ask and naive to expect that somehow the players need to enforce anti-night capping activity, especially when ZOS's own mechanics support it (the PvDoor faction gets combat stat bonuses and AP buff when it probably should be the other way around).

I have 50 different mounts to choose from, but ZOS has put in zero mechanics to give a faction getting nightcapped any assistance whatsoever. It's disappointing.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 10, 2019 6:11PM
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭

I'd say not flip the entire map, take every scroll, or alternatively log on the outnumbered faction, but I might as well *** into the wind with those suggestions.

I do agree its pointless to ask and naive to expect that somehow the players need to enforce anti-night capping activity, especially when ZOS's own mechanics support it (the PvDoor faction gets combat states bonuses and AP buff when it probably should be the other way around).

I have 50 different mounts to choose from, but ZOS has put in zero mechanics to give a faction getting nightcapped any assistance whatsoever. It's disappointing.

@Joy_Division You say "not flip the entire map etc" while everyone in america is alseep, but what do you think happens to us when we sleep? We over this side of the world wake up to a completely flipped map, all scrolls taken, so whats the difference? Oceanic players come home from work/school to a completely flipped map, all scrolls taken, no home keeps... so to be fair, you guys shouldnt do it at 9pm usa time either... see how ridiculous that sounds... and as I am in an AD only guild, flipping isnt an option.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    On Xbox one NA yellows own two campaigns at a time it’s actually a common thing for all blues to get on yellows they actually say time to get on yellows in zone. They always win rarely ever do they lose.

Besides last month, we were getting completely dominated for over a year in Vivec. We are back in the lead again this month after coming back from last place again, but I'd hardly call that "always winning."

• Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do agree its pointless to ask and naive to expect that somehow the players need to enforce anti-night capping activity, especially when ZOS's own mechanics support it (the PvDoor faction gets combat states bonuses and AP buff when it probably should be the other way around).

ikr.

Speaking of night-capping, just a while ago I logged in Kyne PC/EU, the campaign was about to end, and the whole map, every keep, every resource was blue. Damn those noon-cappers! It's disgusting when my faction does that. The only thing I could do was grab 3 temple skyshards I missed. Rode past one lonely elf sieging Black Boot. Logged off, no point playing that map until werelves wake up and start moving.

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I understand it is always someone’s time to play, pushing people to the gates and de-emp’ing someone by taking empty keeps, is just way to easy.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joy_Division You say "not flip the entire map etc" while everyone in america is alseep, but what do you think happens to us when we sleep? We over this side of the world wake up to a completely flipped map, all scrolls taken, so whats the difference? Oceanic players come home from work/school to a completely flipped map, all scrolls taken, no home keeps... so to be fair, you guys shouldnt do it at 9pm usa time either... see how ridiculous that sounds... and as I am in an AD only guild, flipping isnt an option.

You've completely missed the point. Read my entire post please.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    […]…(the PvDoor faction gets combat stat bonuses and AP buff when it probably should be the other way around).

[…]…ZOS has put in zero mechanics to give a faction getting nightcapped any assistance whatsoever. It's disappointing.

^This underlying problem must be addressed to bring about balance. Taking keeps and scrolls is currently a positive feedback mechanism with each take increasing the combat power and AP gains of the faction that is already the one performing best. That is a disaster for, and huge impediment to balance. Positive feedback makes things escalate and explode, whereas negative feedback restores and maintains balance in any type of system. Coloring the whole map one color (especially mostly PvDoor) should bring about increasingly negative penalties, not tons of impactful buffs.

Emperor and the scrolls themselves should impart AP gain or reward bonuses but not affect combat whatsoever (or maybe only their home factions when they possess them). To the victor goes the spoils. Controlling keeps and/or the throne shouldn’t make any individuals more powerful than before, but they do deserve more booty.

The devs are adding the keep killer weapons soon so I hope they next rethink the existing system that encourages unbalanced play and put in mechanisms to provide the combat buffs to the underdogs—as almost every other PvP title worth its salt does.

Edited by Enkil on April 11, 2019 12:49AM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    […]…(the PvDoor faction gets combat stat bonuses and AP buff when it probably should be the other way around).

[…]…ZOS has put in zero mechanics to give a faction getting nightcapped any assistance whatsoever. It's disappointing.

^This underlying problem must be addressed to bring about balance. Taking keeps and scrolls is currently a positive feedback mechanism with each take increasing the combat power and AP gains of the faction that is already the one performing best. That is a disaster for, and huge impediment to balance. Positive feedback makes things escalate and explode, whereas negative feedback restores and maintains balance in any type of system. Coloring the whole map one color (especially mostly PvDoor) should bring about increasingly negative penalties, not tons of impactful buffs.

Emperor and the scrolls themselves should impart AP gain or reward bonuses but not affect combat whatsoever (or maybe only their home factions when they possess them). To the victor goes the spoils. Controlling keeps and/or the throne shouldn’t make any individuals more powerful than before, but they do deserve more booty.

The devs are adding the keep killer weapons soon so I hope they next rethink the existing system that encourages unbalanced play and put in mechanisms to provide the combat buffs to the underdogs—as almost every other PvP title worth its salt does.

good stuff!!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If there aren't sufficient players on PvP should be disabled, so as to stop the map shifting in any way. My personal preference would be for this to happen when I am not on.
    @Joy_Division You say "not flip the entire map etc" while everyone in america is alseep, but what do you think happens to us when we sleep? We over this side of the world wake up to a completely flipped map, all scrolls taken, so whats the difference?

One is pvdoor nightcapping by casuals (ugh gross, casuals), the other is JUSTICE, carried out by skilled and dedicated PvP champions.

:D

Edited by Mr_Walker on April 11, 2019 2:57AM