The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "5 Can't-Miss Experiences You Can Have Exploring Elsweyr"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
247250157e7d634091fd48c01eb89502.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the 5 Can't-Miss Experiences You Can Have Exploring Elsweyr article.

You might have come across the Khajiit during your previous Elder Scrolls adventures, but in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, you can truly immerse yourself in the homeland of Tamriel’s beloved cat people.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Six world bosses scattered across the zone need to be defeated if you want to restore peace to Elsweyr.

I wonder whether this is just flavor text, or whether there is actually some outcome to defeating the world bosses. World bosses have always been just kind of there in other zones, and it would be cool for the game to acknowledge that you have defeated them in some way.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    judging by the wording on the dragon WB's, sounds like they stole ideas from monster hunter world.probably the same mechanic as the indrik in march of sacrifices.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This article is hilarious. Can't Miss Experiences!

9b4c76b0de8b17cdcf3c0feea3189b6d.jpg

"Believe me, I'm missing FUS RO DAH right now! Come on, don't any of you know Dragonrend?"

eba15d5dcdacf577b713ed085a40a4e2.jpg

"Who's this noob using first person view? Wow, that takes me back to when I first played the game...and I don't miss it at all!"

507967e7eca29ca6c708e993e415f440.jpg

"Necromancer Cat thinks you look liek cheezburger."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should you wish to know more about the sights and sounds of Elsweyr Khajiit she also published a little article a few weeks ago:

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/home/m/21354827/article/4951463

Yes this one knows every single one of you has read it already - you would not disappoint this one no - but just in case you wanted to read it again and again or something.

Because it's just that sort of waiting for the severs sort of afternoon is it not and a little reading at least eats away the minutes until we can all get crafting again.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else spot the mention of only FIVE delves in Elsweyr, instead of the normal SIX in other zones (excluding mini-zones)? Is this a typo or is ZoS lowering the bar?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else spot the mention of only FIVE delves in Elsweyr, instead of the normal SIX in other zones (excluding mini-zones)? Is this a typo or is ZoS lowering the bar?

Unfortunately for your argument, Summerset also had FIVE delves and TWO public dungeons, just like Elsweyr.

Technically, the Sumemrset Chapter included one more delve in Artaeum, but that is a separate additional zone. Elsweyr does not appear to include additional zones as it does not have a guild line.

For comparion, the original base game zones have SIX Delves and ONE public dungeon.
    DLC mini-zones have TWO Delves.

Now, Vvardenfell, the original Chapter, did have SIX delves and TWO public dungeons, so there is precedent.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 9, 2019 2:46PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately for your argument, Summerset also had FIVE delves and TWO public dungeons, just like Elsweyr.

So maybe the sixth delve is in a secret place that they haven't told us about yet, like Summerset's sixth delve was on Artaeum.
    PC EU
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eba15d5dcdacf577b713ed085a40a4e2.jpg

"Who's this noob using first person view? Wow, that takes me back to when I first played the game...and I don't miss it at all!"

I legit thought those swords were sticking out of the ground as part of the decor or maybe an environmental hazard or something.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the devs excited, though, or are they already pumped for the next thing? :no_mouth:

I bet it's a bit of both...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the devs excited, though, or are they already pumped for the next thing? :no_mouth:

I bet it's a bit of both...

This one would assume they are all dragoned out by now and are looking forward to The Season of the Long Beach Holiday.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These world bosses include deadly Akaviri Swordmasters

Akviri confirmed!? :o
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    These world bosses include deadly Akaviri Swordmasters

Akviri confirmed!? :o

Technically dov's are akaviri...

Or were they from Atmora...?
    Edited by Inval1d on April 9, 2019 3:55PM
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't miss in Elsweyr:
    6. Loading screens anywhere
    7. Long and nothing changing maintenance
    8. Unexpected crashes and error 307
    9. Total new bugs and lags
    Edited by Alex_Lex on April 9, 2019 7:40PM
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically, the Sumemrset Chapter included one more delve in Artaeum, but that is a separate additional zone. Elsweyr does not appear to include additional zones as it does not have a guild line.

For comparion, the original base game zones have SIX Delves and ONE public dungeon.

Now, Vvardenfell, the original Chapter, did have SIX delves and TWO public dungeons, so there is precedent.

I do hope there's a sixth somewhere else or accidentally not mentioned. Otherwise, in addition to making me feel slightly short-changed (a similar cost to Morrowind should come with a similar amount of content), it will also throw off the daily quest rotation, as the delve dailies will be cycling through one day faster than the world bosses do.

Even in the case of Summerset, the quest giver sent us to that Artaeum delve as well, keeping both in synch.

Wrothgar (which would have been a chapter if those were there at the time) also had six of each, adding even more precedent for it, and disappointment if the article's right and there are only five.

I don't mean to sound like Dudley, but "Last year (and the year before), we had six!"
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, his teeth and his zombies are bared. Be prepared.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, his teeth and his zombies are bared. Be prepared.

Oh, that is a FAR better caption. I wish I'd thought of that!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do hope there's a sixth somewhere else or accidentally not mentioned. Otherwise, in addition to making me feel slightly short-changed (a similar cost to Morrowind should come with a similar amount of content), it will also throw off the daily quest rotation, as the delve dailies will be cycling through one day faster than the world bosses do.

Even in the case of Summerset, the quest giver sent us to that Artaeum delve as well, keeping both in synch.

Wrothgar (which would have been a chapter if those were there at the time) also had six of each, adding even more precedent for it, and disappointment if the article's right and there are only five.

I don't mean to sound like Dudley, but "Last year (and the year before), we had six!"

Yay! the original article (and PTS patch notes) have been updated to refer to SIX delves :)