Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*BG MVP* Peace Tank™- Ultra Tanky Sorc/Necro- Troll Tank - Very Punny - No Shields - LOL(Stonethorn)

• SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    I tried a build inspired by this a while ago.

It was very funny to pug-tank dungeons by just standing there, taunting once in a while. I remember a CoA II (normal) run with two DD at low CP and a 'healer' below lvl 30 who got constantly one- or twoshotted. The daedroth boss was a bit messy since one of the DDs got locked out of the room. The pressure got so high I had to actively heal myself while light-attacking everything to death.

PvP (no CP) was a different story. Already two decent players were enough to burst me down since the health recovery ticks are to far apart. That is underwhelming for a build that gives up everything for survivability. It would be a different story in a group with incoming heals and pressure on your opponents.

All in all, it was fun to try it out.

Edit: Weapon glyph of hardening should fit the build quite well in Murkmire.

Have you tried this out much since then?

To be honest, it's probably a L2P moment. No one can burst down this build if followed correctly.

That is entirely possible, since I PvPed only a few hours with this build. With burst; I also didn't mean 100 to 0 in two global cooldowns, it was more in like 15-30 sec by 2+ attackers if I remember correctly. I was not able to heal up again. As I said, it was fun to try out but not really my cup of tea.

Well, I am going to try it out. In this burst meta I am having trouble staying alive long enough to do anything without back up. I am willing to put many hours in to learn to PvP better, but I want to start with something survivable so that I am up long enough the get in the flow...
    having said that I just did a BG on my main (pve tempar healer with an off spec in BGs) and went 6-0-3. I just fabbed up a sword and board instead of Shock/Resto staves and it helps a lot with suitability. I run Shacklebreakers, Seducers and Pirate skele. My goal is to survive and heal my teammates while doing so.
    Anyway, I really like the idea of a super tank :)
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was very funny to pug-tank dungeons by just standing there, taunting once in a while. I remember a CoA II (normal) run with two DD at low CP and a 'healer' below lvl 30 who got constantly one- or twoshotted. The daedroth boss was a bit messy since one of the DDs got locked out of the room. The pressure got so high I had to actively heal myself while light-attacking everything to death.

PvP (no CP) was a different story. Already two decent players were enough to burst me down since the health recovery ticks are to far apart. That is underwhelming for a build that gives up everything for survivability. It would be a different story in a group with incoming heals and pressure on your opponents.

To be honest, it's probably a L2P moment. No one can burst down this build if followed correctly.

That is entirely possible, since I PvPed only a few hours with this build. With burst; I also didn't mean 100 to 0 in two global cooldowns, it was more in like 15-30 sec by 2+ attackers if I remember correctly. I was not able to heal up again. As I said, it was fun to try out but not really my cup of tea.

Well, I am going to try it out.

You should do that.

Also, as an easy way to get a bit more survivability on your current built (like training wheels, it's not really optimal) you can try 3 x protective on jewellery, and slot Temporal Guard frontbar (constant Minor Protection) and Light's Champion backbar (very strong heal and Major Protection when you need it).

High crit resist is a must in CP PvP. It's not that important but still very helpful in no CP.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Utilizing Dark Deal as your burst heal is good for certain situations. A lot of people don't interrupt it. Well, no one really does but every now and then my faith is restored in the tutorial of the game.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Wrathstone Update - Let the QQ continue™
    Wolfhunter Update - TItle changed to Medal collecting, PvP Peace Tank™
    Win a Chaosball, Domination, CTF match pretty much by yourself.

Notable Whispers/Commentary Received While Playing the Build:
    "Ressing people who have been killed is a <expletive> move"
    "This guy's health is like - crazy high going up"
    "Go RP with your grandma"
    "Is this the pvp side of the game? Nah, that was just some weird ass s@#$."
    "He's taking no damage"

The Peace Tank™ aims to make DPS stacked builds call you a cheater, a sad RP'er and/or make people give up in frustration. Watching try-hards attempt with all their might to down you in a duel but you just /drink2 and /laugh at them while taunting them in /say chat until they forfeit granting you the win. Also feel free to type to your friends whilst surviving a zerg attack. This build is very survivable but you'll only gain a chance to surprise an enemy by reflecting their projectiles and "burst" (lol) them down.

Class: Sorc works best but DK and Nightblade also excel
    Race: Nord
    Mundus: Steed Stone
    Armor:
    • 2 Piece Troll King (Resilient Champion passive and Vigor can proc this)
    • 5 Piece Armor Master (Orgnum is fine too. This will put your recovery over 10k.)
    • 5 Piece Alessian Order
    • Health Recovery Enchants

Stam or health enchants. It doesn't bloody matter but magicka isn't ideal. If you want to invest in being a pest then spend money on tri stat glyphs. It doesn't freakin' matter.

Skills:
    1h/s (Bar 1)
    Vigor
    Immoveable (Activates Armor Master. If you run Orgnum's then you can use hurricane)
    Unstable Clanfear (Daedric SUmmoning Recovery Passive)
    Heroic Slash (Debuff and gain ulti faster for your negates or )
    Dark Deal (Gain stamina back if you need it. You don't though.)
    Ulti: Spell Wall (Reflect enemy projectiles for a burst (lol). Time it right and you can kill them)

1h/s (Bar 2)
    Unrelenting prison (I do it for the breaches)
    Absorb Magic (A nice, quick heal against casters)
    Guard or purge
    Defensive Rune ( For the Lols. It gives you time to emote.)
    Ulti: Negate (For when you have to be a team player)

An example of some fun:
    (Starting at or around 2:54:11)

I don't record myself playing games but you can find me in Bruma sometimes /drink2 'ing and sitting in forward camp tents for absolutely no reason besides a nice picnic and to tick you off for no freaking reason.

Anywhere else the video can be found? Looks very interesting so far :D
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandnessen wrote: »
    Wrathstone Update - Let the QQ continue™
    Wolfhunter Update - TItle changed to Medal collecting, PvP Peace Tank™
    Win a Chaosball, Domination, CTF match pretty much by yourself.

Notable Whispers/Commentary Received While Playing the Build:
    "Ressing people who have been killed is a <expletive> move"
    "This guy's health is like - crazy high going up"
    "Go RP with your grandma"
    "Is this the pvp side of the game? Nah, that was just some weird ass s@#$."
    "He's taking no damage"

The Peace Tank™ aims to make DPS stacked builds call you a cheater, a sad RP'er and/or make people give up in frustration. Watching try-hards attempt with all their might to down you in a duel but you just /drink2 and /laugh at them while taunting them in /say chat until they forfeit granting you the win. Also feel free to type to your friends whilst surviving a zerg attack. This build is very survivable but you'll only gain a chance to surprise an enemy by reflecting their projectiles and "burst" (lol) them down.

Class: Sorc works best but DK and Nightblade also excel
    Race: Nord
    Mundus: Steed Stone
    Armor:
    • 2 Piece Troll King (Resilient Champion passive and Vigor can proc this)
    • 5 Piece Armor Master (Orgnum is fine too. This will put your recovery over 10k.)
    • 5 Piece Alessian Order
    • Health Recovery Enchants

Stam or health enchants. It doesn't bloody matter but magicka isn't ideal. If you want to invest in being a pest then spend money on tri stat glyphs. It doesn't freakin' matter.

Skills:
    1h/s (Bar 1)
    Vigor
    Immoveable (Activates Armor Master. If you run Orgnum's then you can use hurricane)
    Heroic Slash (Debuff and gain ulti faster for your negates or )
    Dark Deal (Gain stamina back if you need it. You don't though.)
    Ulti: Spell Wall (Reflect enemy projectiles for a burst (lol). Time it right and you can kill them)

1h/s (Bar 2)
    Unrelenting prison (I do it for the breaches)
    Absorb Magic (A nice, quick heal against casters)
    Guard or purge
    Defensive Rune ( For the Lols. It gives you time to emote.)
    Ulti: Negate (For when you have to be a team player)

An example of some fun:
    (Starting at or around 2:54:11)

I don't record myself playing games but you can find me in Bruma sometimes /drink2 'ing and sitting in forward camp tents for absolutely no reason besides a nice picnic and to tick you off for no freaking reason.

Anywhere else the video can be found? Looks very interesting so far :D

This was a clip from Kodi's stream where he tried to burst me with this build and failed magnificently. I guess he removed it.
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    So I just hit CP and equipped all the gear. Alessian, Armor Master and TK. I have mostly Health with some stam glyphs and all health recovery on my Jewelry. All my gear is at purple while I play test. I still need a few skills and some passives but my unbuffed health recovery is 2235 and it pops up to 2527 with Immovable active... not sure where people are getting higher recovery numbers from...
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just hit CP and equipped all the gear. Alessian, Armor Master and TK. I have mostly Health with some stam glyphs and all health recovery on my Jewelry. All my gear is at purple while I play test. I still need a few skills and some passives but my unbuffed health recovery is 2235 and it pops up to 2527 with Immovable active... not sure where people are getting higher recovery numbers from...

@SacredEarth

Steed, Sorc passives, Heavy Armor, CP, Health Rec enchants, food/drink. Are you using the correct Alessian set? There are two with the name "Alessia" in it. There's Alessia's bulwark (crafted) and Alessian order (Cyrodiil Set. Vlastrus Town Merchant).

Edited by TheValkyn on April 3, 2019 10:56PM
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭

@SacredEarth

Steed, Sorc passives, Heavy Armor, CP, Health Rec enchants, food/drink. Are you using the correct Alessian set? There are two with the name "Alessia" in it. There's Alessia's bulwark (crafted) and Alessian order (Cyrodiil Set. Vlastrus Town Merchant).

I am using the Alessian order set from Cyro. Steed yes. Using this build in BGs and non CP Cyro so I am keeping my tank CPs as they are. Only missing a couple sorc passives. All Jewelry glyphs are Health recov. Have all Passives in Heavy Armor, just need Light and Med and Undaunted but those dont have to do with Health recovery.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@SacredEarth

I am using the Alessian order set from Cyro. Steed yes. Using this build in BGs and non CP Cyro so I am keeping my tank CPs as they are. Only missing a couple sorc passives. All Jewelry glyphs are Health recov. Have all Passives in Heavy Armor, just need Light and Med and Undaunted but those dont have to do with Health recovery.

@SacredEarth

Food? Drink? Enchants? I'm not sure what you're missing if you aren't thorough.

My sorc is 3748 without troll king or desirable jewelry traits. 6124 buffed with troll king.
    Edited by TheValkyn on April 4, 2019 4:44AM
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    @TheValkyn

Is that standing in a non CP zone?

The numbers I gave were without Health recovery food buff or drink.

Also all my gear is purple, not gold.
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    I will post a superstar this eve
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give you some numbers, I just logged into the char wich was parked since I tried this out. It's a DK, not a sorc.

Gear is Troll King, Beekeeper, and Orgnum's Scales. It's all purple (OMG, even the weapons).

3 x infused jewellery health recovery enchants
    10% from CP
    10% from DK passives
    28% from Constitution passive

This yields 3097 health recovery without food, 3837 HR with Blood Price Pie, and 4356 HR with food and Green Dragonblood active (Major Fortitude +20% HR, you can get this from potions on a sorc).

Troll King proc should bring it way over 6k health recovery, and Orgnum's Scales should bring it through the roof (as suggested by @TheValkyn in his opening post).
    Edited by Bergzorn on April 4, 2019 2:37PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, so these are your actual numbers... I still have my CPs set up for tanking dungeons and I don't have any of the health recovery node selected. I played some BGs last night and had a couple of no death finishes. I am super tanky and it is fun enough to watch guys get bored and just run away (I slotted silver leash before for the lolz and to chain in enemies for my teammates) but I'm still not getting those recovery numbers... I often stay above 50% health so troll king isn't working all the time. 1v4 I def need it tho... I might keep a blood spawn set handy for when it suits better.... Anyway I will do a screen shot of what I have at some point.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out of date?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    out of date?

@thedude33

Nope.
    Edited by TheValkyn on April 7, 2019 3:57PM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why you all think this is working against average pvper? 6k health recovery means in pvp 3k per 2 seconds. Taking all the damage like a target dummy means you can be hit by a single average pvper by 10k dps. This doesn't look very survivable, maybe against mages because of the reflect and absorb magic. But what of it? cheap troll, have fun with it but it's not the awesome build all here think it is.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    why you all think this is working against average pvper? 6k health recovery means in pvp 3k per 2 seconds. Taking all the damage like a target dummy means you can be hit by a single average pvper by 10k dps. This doesn't look very survivable, maybe against mages because of the reflect and absorb magic. But what of it? cheap troll, have fun with it but it's not the awesome build all here think it is.

Would you like to test it out? It has never been killed by a single player and rarely goes below 50% health but when it does it pops right back up to full. Does health recovery get halved in PvP? No, it doesn't.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you like to test it out? It has never been killed by a single player and rarely goes below 50% health but when it does it pops right back up to full. Does health recovery get halved in PvP? No, it doesn't.

if health recovery doesn't halve in pvp then it's a serious issue. Never tested it because i don't play tank anymore and when i did i didn't bother with health recovery.

battle spirit is supposed to reduce any health restore you get, even potions are halved. If health recovery is applied fully then it's wrong and must be halved asap.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if health recovery doesn't halve in pvp then it's a serious issue. Never tested it because i don't play tank anymore and when i did i didn't bother with health recovery.

battle spirit is supposed to reduce any health restore you get, even potions are halved. If health recovery is applied fully then it's wrong and must be halved asap.

@Sergykid I don't think you're right on this one. There needs to be balance between damage and forms of defense. Right now damage rules over everything. I think there needs to be a greater balance and just outright nerfing health recovery is not the answer.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sergykid I don't think you're right on this one. There needs to be balance between damage and forms of defense. Right now damage rules over everything. I think there needs to be a greater balance and just outright nerfing health recovery is not the answer.

so let's everyone run health recovery defensive builds, since this is the only worth and viable against the tons of damage incoming?
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so let's everyone run health recovery defensive builds, since this is the only worth and viable against the tons of damage incoming?

@Sergykid It's nice to bust the toxic meta where damage and stacking all one stat is king. With a nice health recovery defensive build you can do that. This has been the meta for FAR too long. Please notice that I posted this build in January 2017 and it hasn't changed too much since. I was also running this build long before I posted it.

Your solution is not a valid one. Instead of nerfing health recovery I think that a broader balancing pass to get things reeled back in would be of greater value. If I were named lead combat whatever tomorrow the first order of business would be to add some serious soft caps only in PvP. PvP was so much fun prior to 1.5 and the damage creep has been an issue ever since.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sergykid It's nice to bust the toxic meta where damage and stacking all one stat is king. With a nice health recovery defensive build you can do that. This has been the meta for FAR too long. Please notice that I posted this build in January 2017 and it hasn't changed too much since. I was also running this build long before I posted it.

Your solution is not a valid one. Instead of nerfing health recovery I think that a broader balancing pass to get things reeled back in would be of greater value. If I were named lead combat whatever tomorrow the first order of business would be to add some serious soft caps only in PvP. PvP was so much fun prior to 1.5 and the damage creep has been an issue ever since.

my suggestion was that instead of adjusting all the other defense mechanisms, adjust just one. If we have 5 options to defend against op damage, and out of them only one (health recovery) is viable, it's too much work and too many complications may result for adjusting the remaining 4, instead of fixing just this one to be affected by battle spirit.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my suggestion was that instead of adjusting all the other defense mechanisms, adjust just one. If we have 5 options to defend against op damage, and out of them only one (health recovery) is viable, it's too much work and too many complications may result for adjusting the remaining 4, instead of fixing just this one to be affected by battle spirit.

Your suggestion isn't making sense. Defense is not the problem in Cyrodiil. It's the massive amount of damage. Did you play previous to patch 1.5? If not then you've never PvP'd in ESO.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your suggestion isn't making sense. Defense is not the problem in Cyrodiil. It's the massive amount of damage. Did you play previous to patch 1.5? If not then you've never PvP'd in ESO.

my point still stands. Adjust every offensive setup around one overperfoming defense mechanism? Defenses are not supposed to be supreme, to not be able to die. Defense makes you resist longer than usual, not make you immortal. If a defense makes you immortal, like this health recovery build, it's a defense setup problem, not offensive one.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Im the only one who noticed and Im laughing all by myself. He just went from this:

All the way to this:

Hadnt even noticed. Never ran into any issue. Thought it was a waste of time. Completely unaware and uninformed about it.

Read one post and began campaigning for a nerf. To something he literally had no experience with. lol.

This is a clear example of why the forums can be so toxic.

I mean no offense. But dang.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Im the only one who noticed and Im laughing all by myself. He just went from this:

All the way to this:

Hadnt even noticed. Never ran into any issue. Thought it was a waste of time. Completely unaware and uninformed about it.

Read one post and began campaigning for a nerf. To something he literally had no experience with. lol.

This is a clear example of why the forums can be so toxic.

I mean no offense. But dang.

This particular build has that effect on people.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health recovery alone is far from OP. It has a soft counter in Defile. And to really benefit from it, you need to pair it with a large ammount of damage mitigation (resists or dodge+cloak) and additional healing.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    What would work on a Nightblade? I was hoping to make a tanky defile build, but haven't been able to come up with one.

I tried this on my Sorc...lol...yeah baby...topped BGs almost every time with it.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    What would work on a Nightblade? I was hoping to make a tanky defile build, but haven't been able to come up with one.

I tried this on my Sorc...lol...yeah baby...topped BGs almost every time with it.

It can work as a Nightblade. It's not as good as Sorc but it's still a decent option.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an extremely unfair judgement, honestly.

I'll tell you a thing or two about tankiness and survivability. I had a DK PVP tank with over 8k health recovery, capped resistance etc (not much crit resistance though, some 1500 I think). Oftentimes I would not even block when I was being attacked (I even went into inventory once a few times!). I had these lingering health potions, and along with the base health recovery, I was accused of using cheat engine. Negate or fear in combination with defile was the only way I went down.
    I ran that one with proc sets once too, it worked about as well. High stamina/block cost + proc sets, no extraordinary health recovery.

I have a templar light armor healer too, a vampire - with literally like 200 health recovery, or something like that. It's about as "tanky" as the above DK, because I have resistances so high, it can't even be brought down below cap with major/minor fracture/breach - and I use a set giving me magicka back when taking damage; completely broken (says 15% chance every 4 seconds, but it procs constantly). Thirdly, it has great block cost reduce - so I can almost permablock. I take a moment now and then to just "eat-beat-and-BOL/cleanse-spam" some seconds, or mistform and reposition to regain stamina. It's a healer though, it heals primarily - I only "tank" when I'm forced to, and not to show off or anything; I try to get back to healing asap.

You can use base stats, proc sets, abilities and strategies to be tanky. The more different factors you use, the better of course. This one surely could be valid. Haven't tried. I'm yet to try a sorc PVP tank, that's why I'm reading here! :-)