The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furnishing Idea: Attunable Portals

Ertosi
Ertosi
✭✭✭✭✭
Portals exist throughout the game, with a good many in the main storylines. I think it would be a fun concept to have purchasable portals for housing. You could use them in your home to quickly travel to your favorite city or delve. They would be a fun way of bringing a little of the magic of Nirn into your home.
  • They would work similarly to the attunable crafting stations: take them to any respawn point (ex wayshrines or delve entrances) and use them to attune them to that specific location.
  • They would only be attunable to respawn points (ex wayshrines or delve entrances). In other words, using one would function exactly like teleporting to a player near that location; you couldn't use them to jump straight to the end of a delve, boss or other random locations.
  • They cannot be attuned to locations only accessible during certain quests.
  • They would only be one way (ie from your house to whichever location you attuned them to).
  • They could be purchased with crowns or in-game with writ vouchers, but it would make more sense to have a new vendor for them located in the Mage's Guild halls.

Common uses for them would be quick travel to your favorite city or delve or harder to get to locations like Eyevea. Guild halls could use several to give guild members easy access to locations people often ask for ports to when starting new toons like Khenarthi's Roost, Bleakrock, Bal Foyen and Artaeum. "Can someone give me a port to Bleakrock?" "Just head to the guild hall and take the portal on the right."
PC NA @Ertosi
♠♦ My Team ♥♣
GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
DruStamplar
TicklesHealplar
DixieMagplar
FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
MayaStamblade Speedster
AhmedMagblade Bomber
BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
TanksStamDK Tank
MonaMagDK Fire Mage
DawnHPDK
BearlyStamden Tank
IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
♌ DC Loyalist ♌
✄ Grand Master Crafter
No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • AL16
    AL16
    ✭✭✭
    I reall like this.
    I'm in a guild with the same house as mine as the guild hall. Everytime I log out when I'm in the guild hall, I end up in my house every time I log back in (for some reason, ZOS).
    Everytime I log in, I usually teleport to my guild hall then teleport to wayshrine outside and start doing my daily stuff. However, since I have already teleported from my house to the guild hall, I'll have to be charged extra for teleporting from guild hall to outside wayshrine. This new attunable portal thing would be amazing.
    Joined 2015, didn't play a lot and quit. Returned recently
    Stamblade main, trying out other builds atm.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AL16 wrote: »
    However, since I have already teleported from my house to the guild hall, I'll have to be charged extra for teleporting from guild hall to outside wayshrine.

There are some quirks to the housing and teleport system which might allow you to avoid that.

eg. if you start in one location out in the world, teleport to your home, then preview a home you don't own, then exit that home via its door / gate, the game desposits you back where you were out in the world. Same thing happens if you log out while in the previewed house. At the character screen the game records your location as the home you were previewing but dumps you back at your original location when you log in.

Yes I reported this as a bug and they haven't changed it so it's obviously working as intended.
    AL16 wrote: »
    I'm in a guild with the same house as mine as the guild hall. Everytime I log out when I'm in the guild hall, I end up in my house every time I log back in (for some reason, ZOS).
    Everytime I log in, I usually teleport to my guild hall...

Other peoples' homes might be treated the same way as unowned one you preview.

The game might be dumping you back in your home because you teleported from it to the guildhall. Try teleporting to the guildhall from some other location then log out and see where the game dumps you.
    Edited by Nerouyn on October 2, 2018 12:17AM
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. It would be nice for guilds that have meetings, events or a place they often hang out. A portal from the guild house would make it more official. And, guild members don't have to remember all the places.

Maybe the portals can be turned off, like a lamp, if there's an event in one of the places.
    Edited by SanderBuraas on October 3, 2018 11:07PM
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be a cool idea. Could add it to the Psijic merchant or something (the furnishing diagram I mean).
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they add something like this. Could be sold for writ vouchers, but most likely it would be crowns.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even a wayshrine at home would be great. Although your idea is even more intereseting.