The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weekend PVP is becoming as bad as weekday PVP

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Idinuse on April 7, 2019 1:18AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Elong wrote: »
    I agree. It feels like the Akir Desert Dolmen Grind.

You go to attack a keep and the moment u start siege, one of your own keeps is flagged in your own territory. You run back but it's too late, it's flipped, so you flip it back, and the enemy takes back the one you just took.

One suggestion would be to raise the hp of keep walls so people have more time to get back and defend.

This reason alone might be one reason IC will see higher pops, can't zergs something that has no objective ;). If only IC had monthly reward and ladder like cyro does lol.

Never underestimate the ability for zergs to zerg everything and everyone no matter what.

I've been rolled by 20+ member groups in IC before. If not that, 6+ NBs when fighting a boss.

EDIT: Fixed quote

I agree. PvP would be amazing if not for other players...
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like people have been saying for years that PvDoor ticks are a bad idea. Crazy.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want a nice Zerg free/lag free experience come play in shor. If you like the Zerg experience please stay in Vivec.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Brian please step up and do something for your pvp crowd

Zerg only is not fun but what is truely killing your peeps is the poor performance of the game in pvp

If you climb into the deepest abyss of lag, dig a hole there and go deep, deep, deep, you will find the status quo of Cyrodiil. During prime time there is nothing left that could be called a playable game. Lag is ruling everything, disabling skills for several seconds a time, making NPCs rubberband around ressources like mad wizards on flying carpets, making aiming completely obsolete because your ultimate may as well shoot away in some fuzzy off-screen direction as hit the enemy that you were targeting.

Most passionate PVPers have completely left the game or only come back for short intervalls during off hours when the server is almost (never truly) able to handle a reduced number of players. What is left is PVEers and the PVDoor they love to play. And thats even understandable considering the fact that fighting enemy players is only endless frustration. Why should anybody want to PVP when only lag and RNG server response determine the outcome of any given fight?
    Edited by visionality on April 7, 2019 12:14PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's disgusting. PC/NA/DC/Vivec always has a pvdoor zerg taking the west side of the map. There are probably 20 pvdoors for every decent fight.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Please move the otick from keep captures to PVE dolmens so these players leave Cyrodiil -- because obviously they have no interest in actual PVP.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of AOE sets or AOE abilities mean anything, but.

But.

PURGE ~

Nerf PURGE = fix ball stacking and allow outnumbered defenders to do anything. As a bonus, it will also dismantle the ball groups. NERF PUR}GE ~

Have you ever wondered why your DOTs last for exactly 0.5 secs on a ball group? Hell yea thats the answer. Every so called 'organized' group runs at least 2-3 of those PURGE clicking bots.

And no, dont tell me anything about huge cost.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after we capture Roebeck last night,we found there was a banana under the second flag (literally under the guards who went on alarm but couldnt harm him) the guy stood there for 20 min and he could destroy my oils (set them on fire) i placed above him and (i think) he set up a balista firing inner gate without any1 can do anything about it
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Zergs and the fact that all these zerglings who have 40k+ health ruin PvP

This ^^^
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    If you want a nice Zerg free/lag free experience come play in shor. If you like the Zerg experience please stay in Vivec.

Even on weekends my group of 2-4 friends will try shor, we will go to a strategic keep such as ales or chal and start taking resources. Once their taken a small group shows up, we kill them a few times then we just sit there wondering where the action is.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    None of AOE sets or AOE abilities mean anything, but.

But.

PURGE ~

Nerf PURGE = fix ball stacking and allow outnumbered defenders to do anything. As a bonus, it will also dismantle the ball groups. NERF PUR}GE ~

Have you ever wondered why your DOTs last for exactly 0.5 secs on a ball group? Hell yea thats the answer. Every so called 'organized' group runs at least 2-3 of those PURGE clicking bots.

And no, dont tell me anything about huge cost.

Is this now another nerf groups thread XD
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    As long as they keep introducing skills and sets that heavily favor massive groups (AOE attacks, snares, heals), and provide no incentive to not do so, PvP will be like this. Only a small handful of people care to learn how to PvP and the rest just want to zerg for a couple of hours, and there’s no reason beyond personal preference to do otherwise. The Necro class shows they’re still going with the AOE damage, despite evidence that it’s not good for PvP health, and this rez ult is perfectly designed for huge groups that can run a lot of necros and still have their other classes covered. Once they get on flags they’ll just have several flesh atros waiting to one shot any attackers.

Generally, I go to Cyrodiil for AP. Sometimes I go with a guild and enjoy the teamwork.

I don't care about PvP. I do BGs when leveling alts to get that daily XP. Otherwise, I don't touch them. I do not dislike BGs. It just isn't a game mode that I feel is worth my time when I enjoy other things more. Fortunately, those random BGs plus daily rewards can unlock a lot of Alliance skills, making grinding Cyrodill far less needed than in the past. The decrease in horseriding looking for AP sources is appreciated.

The only times I've found Cyrodiil to be a lot of fun is during really big fights at keeps that aren't just farming, but actual attempts to take keeps that are well defending.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you got the title of thread twisted. It should be :

Weekday PVP is becoming as bad as weekend PVP.

Why? Because the latency is terrible, skills are unresponsive and it's unplayable. I could care less about a few groups pvdooring the map when most people are sleeping. What matters is the quality of life when most people are playing.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure I get this. Yes; people often times attack and undefended keep and that usually is where you want to start, but its a question of whether someone shows up or not. When they buff siege, you probably will be even more likely to start on a keep unannounced so you do not get nailed with a ton of siege.

There also seems to be a trend for all 3 to faction stack, probably as a reaction to one going into obscene levels of that so they do it to be able to deal with that a little better. Problem with this beyond just lage is there are less smaller groups to run and defend more than one or 2 keeps. Maybe the siege buff will encourage a split, or maybe it will just be to do more than 1 hole. Time will tell; but the bigger numbers are juicier targets for siege.

That being the case; I still fight plenty of players. I was on maybe 2-2.5 hours last night and I think I completed all the class kills quests except Warden (edit And templar I think) and I didn't get enemy players. That doesn't sound like PvDoor to me.
    Edited by technohic on April 9, 2019 1:40PM
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

Why? Because the latency is terrible, skills are unresponsive and it's unplayable. I could care less about a few groups pvdooring the map when most people are sleeping. What matters is the quality of life when most people are playing.

You live in Canada. The servers are in the US. What did you expect?
    Edited by Ahtu on April 9, 2019 1:37PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »

You live in Canada. The servers are in the US. What did you expect?

True true. People in the US see a drastic difference and they are all satisfied about the latency.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    People continue to complain complain complain about all the zergs in Vivec, yet continue to stay in Vivec when there is another Campaign called Shor with little to no zergs in it, and yet they stay in Vivec? 🤔 Why?

And be careful about starting the call for the nerfing of purge. People cried about Rapids to be nerfed and the ball groups got more powerful. People wanted siege to get buffed and the zergs got bigger. AOE caps were fixed and the zergs stayed the same. Every time they make some big change, it's the little groups that take the hardest hit. That's one of the reasons you see fewer and fewer tower and resource farming nowadays.
    GM: Army of the Pact
    Loves War almost as much as Tbagging
    -Crow, Mag DK
    -Murder of Crows, Stam Warden
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the removal of AoE caps and the addition of of earthgore negated that change imo.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Well the removal of AoE caps and the addition of of earthgore negated that change imo.

Exactly. Next patch we shall see who are the real MVP healers.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug