Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Free Play doesnt work

vactory
vactory
✭✭
I made an account, but all I get when clicking the "play free" is
Error 404 Page not found
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For the 404 error you're currently getting, you should try accessing the web page through a different web browser. If that does not help, there are additional troubleshooting steps in the help article below.

What do I do if I can't access the Free Play event after creating my account?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • vactory
    vactory
    ✭✭
    That helped nothing. What you should have told me is, that IF I had made the account before the Free Play, like I had, I can not use it.
    I intend to buy the game again, so I already made an account, but with free-play I could start earlier then I had planned, but clearly you dont want me to do that.
    I cant see anywhere that it will only work with an account made DURING the Free Play, but that is how its working.
    I would have guessed you should know that.
  • vactory
    vactory
    ✭✭
  • vactory
    vactory
    ✭✭
    Also, confirmed by making a new account I will never use. @ZOS_BillE
  • CaiWenji
    CaiWenji
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get that free play link to work. I tried to help set up an account for my sister and all I get is the 404 error on 3 different browsers. The account has been activated from the email and I can sign in on the website, but if I try to sign in on the client it says Login failed. When I click play free on the website it says this:

ozyuQkq.jpg

wguvOwK.jpg

LJSePle.jpg
    Edited by CaiWenji on March 29, 2019 8:23PM
  • CaiWenji
    CaiWenji
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I was able to make an account and got it to work by signing out clicking on the Game tab(next to account store forum support) at the top left corner of the screen then clicking free play on the top right corner of the screen, making a new account from that sign up page.
    Edited by CaiWenji on March 29, 2019 8:34PM
  • vactory
    vactory
    ✭✭
    So, basically what I said.