Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I spent $100 and can't even add my gf

DJMusician1
DJMusician1
Soul Shriven
I've had this game a while, played on and off for a couple years, only have like 4 or 5 friends. I dont even know if they play anymore.

I purchased this game for my gf on steam with all the DLC's and i purchased the preorder for Elsweyr for both of us.

We haven't even met in the game and it wont let me add her VIA @UserID or her Character name so I have no way to connect to her...

I've been trying and checking servers and logging on and off again, to no avail. Apparently even though we are in the same place at the same time, we dont actually exist together, or at all to each other and the NA server.

I spent 100$ to play this entire game with her and its acting like neither of us exist
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you are spelling the name correctly. If that's not working, have her add you to her friends list. From that point, you can group up easily and once you're grouped, you can teleport to the same instance. If you're not grouped, you may find it difficult to meet up in the game as there are multiple instances of many areas running at once.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd double check you're both on the same server.

Murphy's Law & all that... :smile:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys have a fight and she blocked you?
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you both members of the same guild? Via the guild-roster (=member list) you could invite her to group up (or add her as a friend) and travel to whoever of you both is groupleader, (or travel to friend).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly question, but are you both on the same server?
    OldManJim wrote: »
    I'd double check you're both on the same server.

Murphy's Law & all that... :smile:

This is my thought.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obvious question; Are you both on same platform?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do believe that you are on the na server. Please check that she is as well. It all might be a misunderstanding.
  • DJMusician1
    DJMusician1
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, we tried probably around a dozen times both ways on the friend request invite to no avail.

We checked the server once, i am indeed on NA, but i can't be sure she's also there even though her account is set to use it.

We'll be trying again tonight. If it still doesn't work:

I left for work and suggested she should try restarting the game. She complained that her brand new character had dissapeared and it was making her create a new one... so i'm hoping it corrected her load into the correct server this time...

No we didn't have a fight, i literally just purchased the game for her last night after i had pre installed the game for her, so it was almost an immediate problem. No we aren't in any guilds, and tbh, i'm a solo RPG gamer and dont have the faintest idea where to start if we were to try grouping into the same guild just to be on the roster list together. But for the ammount of money i've spent, i'm willing to learn, if it comes to that.

Decent news is, I just got back from work and tried sending the request to her character name again. No "user doesn't exist" problem yet... but this had happened before, with no messages being recieved. fingers crossed

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way for her to check whether she's on the NA or EU server is to look at the login screen. At the point where you put in your username and password there's a server option in the menu on the left side and that always displays which server you're logging into.

It's surprisingly easy to log into the wrong server, even when you're not a brand new player. The game does remember your preferences (I'm not sure how it chooses which one is the 'default' for the first time you log in) but that means all it takes is logging out immediately at the end of playing and forgetting to check when you log in the next day. I've had more than a few times when I panic that 1/2 my characters have vanished before I realise the ones I can see are my NA characters and realise I'm logged into the wrong server.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DJMusician1
    DJMusician1
    Soul Shriven
    Well, as luck would have it, her account actually followed her prefered server on a re-start of her game, so the server was the issue.

I can't understand how this has become such a prevalent issue for this game =/

But i'm just glad i get to play with my gf now.

Thanks for your advice everyone!