The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ELSWEYR NEWS!All Necromancer Skills! Cyrodiil Changes/Volendrung info - Guild Finder Review!

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Shimmer I do wonder if the wielder of the Volendrung Artifact will lose it if he log out or his game crash ?
    Is there any information about it ?
    Game crash can occur or the wielder want to take a break etc.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm guess all the Icy Skills we wanted to see on Warden have been implanted onto Nerdomancer... Oh well sure leave IceDen's DD idea behind cause it is more important to make another OP class to get sales up...

Seriously Nerdomancer got: cleanse, area cleanse, restoring resources abilities, super tank abilities, auto pull ability, empowering buffs abilities, super good AoE, good enough single target abilities, sounds immortal, can even use it's own synergy...

I would say it smells P2W much and in PvP or dungeons there are no justice citizens that give you bounty for using skills, so my question is: What about old Tamriel story mode main quest? Did new interactions were added? If not I just do not see people going for yet another full zones full quests clear yet again...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players can only get Emperor once per campaign? *** finally!!!!!!

@Shimmer ive not watched the video yet as im away, but is that true? As i read from @Turelus update that the intention was you can only Emp one toon per account, which is very different and something i agree with to reduce faction hopping emp farming.

(but if its once per campaign per account as the quote suggests that a very different thing i.e. an emp with huge score can't get emp again then your alliance is left at a huge disadvantage if you get Emp back on your alliance but don't have an actual emp till the person quits the campaign)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tatertodd
    Tatertodd
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't worry too much just yet folks esp considering it hasn't even hit PTS yet. Just make sure to jump on PTS when it's released to test it out so you can give ZOS plenty of feedback! B)
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any news on the dragon encounters? Is it Skryim dragons or Dolmen 3.0?
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    I’m surprised that no one is talking about Faction locking
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the campaign faction lock will mean no more transmute farming through end of campaign rewards? Good. I was waiting for them to remove my only reason to participate in PvP. Glad I won’t have to do much of that anymore.
    Edited by Tholian1 on March 28, 2019 10:11PM
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Don't have an AOE rez, that's just going to make Zergballs super op

No if you add really powerful antizerg counters...like broken siege from this DLC
    Edited by Didgerion on March 28, 2019 10:22PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Any word on racial changes?

@Turelus post answers this and nothing in sight to hope for currently.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the Updates Shimmer!
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Finally a counter class against bully zergs chasing u :D
  • Stellarvorous
    Stellarvorous
    ✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun "Oh and btw. I just realized that there are are no justice NPCs in Cyro... passive "buff" for a necro..."

Slight question here may be off topic and I do not intend to derail this thread by asking this but why *would* there be any justice npcs in *PvP* exactly? and the concept there isn't any how exactly is that a passive buff for necromancer?

I don't recall any other classes that need to worry about using their skills in *PVP*least they get chased by guards and catch bounties that may be allied with them.

So why would they implement that for necromancer in a Player Vs Player environment? In the PvE environment in towns where there are "guards" present that's one thing but PvP are we seriously trying to pitchfork necromancer into its grave already?

I will be completely honest here statements like the one you made disturb me outright.

Necromancer hasn't even been released yet none of the numbers are final half the skills will probably get tweaked in half a dozen different ways before its final then goes live.

Can we hold off on the plotting and scheming its demise and utter obliteration till it actually goes live and the results of how it performs are actually proven tried tested and factual? Rather then just assuming.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Any word on racial changes?

@Turelus post answers this and nothing in sight to hope for currently.

Thank you. Although the news is very disappointing.
    Edited by BlueRaven on March 29, 2019 1:43AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    So the campaign faction lock will mean no more transmute farming through end of campaign rewards? Good. I was waiting for them to remove my only reason to participate in PvP. Glad I won’t have to do much of that anymore.

sounded like faction lock will only be in effect on lower pop maps (sotha and kyne)...

vivec and IC will still have folks hopping around...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One showcase and people are already being Nerfmancers...
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Necromancer Class is looking Promising (YEEEEEEEE)

One concern though: The Bone Colossus Transformation lasts 20 seconds, that should be upped to 30 seconds to match that of the werewolf transformation in the long run.

But until the PTS is up with the new patch notes and the necromancer class, I'll be reserving my full positive judgement till then.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

sounded like faction lock will only be in effect on lower pop maps (sotha and kyne)...

Alliance lock is on ALL campaigns (including Vivec). It will be on all 30 day, No CP, and under 50 campaigns. The only campaign not effected by the lock is the 7 day standard.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »

Alliance lock is on ALL campaigns (including Vivec). It will be on all 30 day, No CP, and under 50 campaigns. The only campaign not effected by the lock is the 7 day standard.
    The way it was said in the video lead me to interpret it the same as @geonsocal .

Pity the person who was in the top 10 for 2 factions the latest Vivec campaign (PS4 NA). How you have the time for that I don't know.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »

thanks shimmer, and, thanks for getting all this information out - much appreciated...

just re-watched, i get it now - when you said they're adding a faction lock to 30 day, no cp, and under 50 campaigns - i took that as a faction lock to 30 day no cp and under 50 campaigns...

i'm actually okay with this change, it'll be interesting to see what effect this decision has on pop balances...a big step down from addressing some of the performance issues there - will i ever not be stuck in combat @Zos !?!?

but, an interesting adjustment...to be honest, zos had me at IC will be its own campaign...

as far as necromancer goes, no doubt it'll be a very very strong class - cuz, that's what sells...i don't think it's much of a stretch to imagine it having a big effect in pvp, just like time stop, trees and sleet storm did...i also imagine those nice new animations won't exactly be a boon to pvp game performance...

i just wish they would fix ***...

really loved the vid log of your trip - thank you so much for sharing :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Going to assume that next patch will consist of a large amount of nerfs to all classes in order to make necro look more appeasing to purchase. Just like in morrowind

Its not like the majority of people are buying the chapter for the Zone right?
    i couldnt give a daedrats ass about the Necromancer myself
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    I’m surprised that no one is talking about Faction locking

While I'm disappointed, even displeased by it- getting a batch of transmutation stones for a few changes once a month was a nice bonus and, given the decidedly unfriendly RNG of getting them from other sources, was an actually reasonable source, and diving headlong into a change that (unless I miss my recollection) already experienced enough backlash in the past that they changed it to the way it currently is (until Elsweyr drops, apparently) seems like a glaring mistake - ZOS is a company of grown men and women capable of dealing with the results of their own mistakes.

And if those mistakes mean that, after I finish fishing in Imperial City and they move Information Request from Emeric and Further Instructions from Dortene to a location that isn't the Southern High Rock Gate so my EP lore collector can grab them, I have even less inclination to foray into Cyrodiil? Or if others are even less inclined to do so? So be it.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great vids and info! You define Content Creator.
    Master Craftsman!
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not watched the vids yet, but from what I can tell from the comments it looks like a new Solo player's class. I mean if it can Heal, DPS and Tank at the same time what would you call it?

I say bring it on ;)
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, it will be nerfed so hard three months after release it will be a ghost of what we get at release.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to assume that next patch will consist of a large amount of nerfs to all classes in order to make necro look more appeasing to purchase. Just like in morrowind

Uhm, how? All I herd was how under preforming the Warden was and why should people purchase Morrowind for the class only, that it wasn't worth it. So I have to strongly disagree with you here and the person who agreed with you.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Shimmer for making and posting the videos.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Uhm, how? All I herd was how under preforming the Warden was and why should people purchase Morrowind for the class only, that it wasn't worth it. So I have to strongly disagree with you here and the person who agreed with you.

Actually that's exactly what's going to happen.
    Based on recent released information by the Testers who attended the ZOS event/s, it is already known that the Nightblade will most likely be nerfed.
    Minor Berserk will be removed from Grim Focus & it's morphs.
    While I'm not against this balance change, I don't approve ZOS approach of nerfing all old classes to make a new class more appealing.
    One example from 2017, Templar lost it's Major Mending because of the Warden.
    I hope that the upcoming PTS cycle will help to balance the Necromancer because it's extremely OP PVP and OP PVE based on it's current state.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Omg - I’m super excited!
  • green_villain
    green_villain
    ✭✭✭
    tl dr plz in text?
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »
    Looked at 10 minutes of the skills video and just noped out. It just sounded disgustingly OP that I just couldn't keep going; my heart couldn't bare it.

I HAVE to see it in action. It's the only way I can tell myself it's not all that now.

I had the same feeling. So necromancers will be the best healers, have the best AOE potential, will be able to do delayed burst combo's like Warden, have stamina morphs for pretty much every ability (which admittedly isn't a bad thing, but not something the other classes have) and if there are corpses nearby many of their already really good skills will become even better...
    I mean its too early to judge, but the feeling I got wasn't that of a balanced addition to ESO

yes, totally OP and must-have ! For the first 1-2 months maximum at least...then comes the nerfbat but by that time enough copies of Elsweyr will have been sold. Working as intended just like morrowind.