The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to ESO and looking

Kezelthas
Kezelthas
Soul Shriven
I'm a seasoned gamer (in the 50+ crowd), with a bit over a decade of experience with MMOs, mainly on WoW but with dabbles in SWTOR and GW2. I've gotten a wee bit weary with my main game, and am giving ESO a look based on previous experience in Tamriel running from Skyrim all the way back to Daggerfall. I like the graphics, both for quality and style. I'm not exactly a world-beater in dealing with the combat, but I can at least keep up with the repair bills. And right now especially, I'm a fairly casual player...time can be a little scarce, so marathon sessions aren't going to happen much. If I'm on a couple of times a week, that's accomplishing something.

My main interests within the game are PvE and (if I achieve some comfort level with the lore) roleplay. I like crafting, but more from the making-cool-stuff-I-can-use aspect than running a fantasy business to make a fantasy fortune. I'm highly averse to PvP, and while I've tried raid-level content elsewhere, it's left me feeling like it was more of a second job than a fun experience. I regard myself as solidly competent at my chosen classes, but I don't have the burning desire to do anything but relax and have some fun with my free time.

I've got no hard-and-fast preference for faction; my sole character right now is a Bosmer DK, mostly because it seemed an easy and survivable way to do some initial play, but what I'd really love to do is find some way to create an ESO analogue of my preferred WoW playstyle, the BM Hunter (if that means nothing to you, think ranged DPS who brings his own tank to the party so that he can sit back and wreak havoc at a distance...it's a great solo playstyle, and I tend to do a lot of solo play).

What I'd like to find is a guild...or even a Discord group...that's welcoming to someone who's kicking the game's figurative tires, and who's as happy to socialize and ask questions as he is to slam pixels together in search of loot. I figure I have a lot to learn in trying to figure out whether Tamriel will make a good long-term MMO home for me...if anyone's still reading, I'm open to suggestions!